Welcome back everyone!
It’s that time of year again. You know, that time of year where most of the adults are recovering from trying to drown the sorrows of the year in ethanol and most of the kids are recovering from the Darth Vader-esque “noooooooo” moment in which they realize that their time of freedom is slowly waning- at least for those chilluns on the north side of the equator. ANYWAY: One thing’s for sure, no matter where you are on the globe, and that’s that you’ve likely made yourself some promises that you have no intention of keeping! Which leads us into our prompt for this month’s contest… drumroll please….
RPGC #13: Resolutions!
- “She’ll NEVER sink!” - It’s perfect. It’s so simple yet so beautiful and amazing and awe-inspiring and absolutely flawless in construction. How could it possibly fall through the cracks? Unfortunately for us, the biggest things tend to also have the most cataclysmic resolutions...
- “…That was anticlimactic.” – What it says on the tin.
- “The end of an era is upon us.” – Empires rise and empires fall- we’ve all read it in the history books. So too have we read that history repeats itself. But in the heat of the moment, in seeking a peaceful resolution, these statements are likely to skip the mind of those involved.
- “But the hidden beauty is the greatest of all.” – Paint us a picture. Allow us to look deeper, and then let us question everything- but to do that, your picture must be sufficiently high-resolution, no?
And in honor of the sp00ky number of the contest…
- SUPERSTITION. – Superstitions are just traditions taken to the nth degree, right?
FRIENDLY PSA: Nowhere in RPGC’s write-ups has it ever said that entries are writing-exclusive. As it was originally started as a writing contest and the majority of entries we get are those of a written medium, there will be some issues to be worked out when it comes time for judging in the event that we have people take a more artsy spin but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, if we come to it. I will say this now, though—All entrants regardless of medium will be eligible for bonus categories.
Now, here at RPGC, we’ve made ourselves some resolutions too. We’re all going to get at least six hours of sleep a night, eat all our veggies, remember to clean up our rooms, not prank our roommates by working necromancy when we think they’re asleep, do all our homework at least a week in advance—but most importantly, we are also going to do our best to liven up these prompts in the future- And we want YOUR input! Yes, you! Random…faceless…strangers…that we don’t know….but THAT’S OKAY BECAUSE YOU’RE READING THIS AND WE NEED HELP.
Let us know in the comments below how we did, and if you want to see more of this sort of content be sure to like this video and subscribe to our – wait, no, that’s the wrong social media. But seriously- Click the link to go put your ideas in for future themes, and feel free to leave us a post or a PM (send it to @RomanAria for her to direct to the contest staff accordingly) telling us how we did with our theme this month!
Oh, yeah, before we forget to mention: Submit all entries in a pm to @RPGC Entry no later than objective midnight on Monday, 16th January- entries to be posted on the following Tuesday morning as soon as one of us wakes up. Be sure that in the titles of your PMs you give us the title you want the story posted under, and be sure to somewhere in the body of your message indicate if you want your name mentioned- unless you specify you want to take ownership, we will leave it anonymous in the voting thread.
The terrible trio of @darkwolf687, @Keyguyperson, and @RomanAria. Special thanks to @mdk for giving us the keys to his brainchild and to @Terminal for helping us with scheduling and sidebar shenanigans. Also thanks to our mod staff, our holy lord admin, and all the wonderful people of this site WE LOVE YOU kthxbai.