Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

The woman snorts. ”Obviously you’ve all only just arrived if you don’t understand why anyone might want to keep me alive instead of just killing me. In case it isn’t obvious, the locals love to hear women scream when they rape them. But I suppose I should just hope the random group of strangers who brought me back from the brink of death have nothing but good intentions, and don’t intend to just use me for material gain. Because Norn attracts all sorts of heroic characters.” the woman said with derision as she stood up and walked away.

”Like I said, don’t trust me because I don’t trust you. I’m going. You’re all free to do whatever you feel like doing.” As Lilt tried to offer further healing, the orc shook her head. ”Save your magic. You’ll need it more than I would.” Should the group follow her, the woman does not take any easy paths; she first climbs up the ruins of an old building to reach the rooftops, and from there goes at a brisk jog, hopping over alleyways to reach the next building.

Trogs could be heard in the distance screaming for whatever reason, but the orcish woman pays them no mind. So far everything seemed peaceful enough until she stops and kneels down, looking towards a crumbling wooden building. Inside appears to be some sort of bloated dead body wearing battered plate armor, and stabbed into its chest is a somewhat tribal looking glaive. ”There’s my Bardiche.” she looks around carefully for enemies.

Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 12 hrs ago

Thokk


While Thokk would have preferred to be in the front he saw no serious issue with the suggested formation and got into position. Though he did feel the need to speak up when the female orc mentioned them using her for material gain. "While not fully accepted I'm a member of clan Broken Fang of the Steel Cave tribe, if you knew my tribe's history you would never say something like that again."



Hidden 6 mos ago 6 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 17 hrs ago

The kobold's head slowly tilted to the side till her cheek was resting on her shoulder. Her tail whacked the earth, giving a small insight to her annoyance. “Kobold hassss no penissss…. What doessss ssshe force on female? Tongue? Tail? Knife like claws? Ssshe’d rather sstab if she held ill intent.,”

Normally the Kobold would be quite content with her position in such a formation. She was well protected from all angles. And she could easily step in and out of a brawl to give assistance. But she seemed visibly set into unease. She didn’t quite enjoy the idea of being placed next to so few that she trusted.

But, it’d appear taking such a formation wouldn’t hold up so well. Especially with how she wanted to hop across the roofs. The Kobold looked to the ruins with a frown. It’d be a very diffuclt climb. She turned her head to the two still nearby. Her jaws opened, wanting to ask one of them to physically throw her up.

Her jaws snapped shut. It’s best to not give them any ideas just yet. She’d simply focus on taking a much easier path. Entering the building, and taking the stairs where possible, and climbing over rubble, and through tight passages.

Then of course… across the alleyways. Leave it to an orc to not choose a much easier path.

Finally the fallen weapon came into sight. There was a question that came into the Kobold’s head. “By the cunt of the choas dragons… how the hell did she end up at the coast,” she exclaimed in draconic. Whether or not that was answered, she didn’t care. The sounds of the Trogdolytes roars immediately sent her darting to the nearest availiable cover. She was visibly shaking, when she peered about for the Troglodytes locations. Then to the Bloated corpse.

“In corpssse?! Bad… BAD! Itsss bloated… the airsss humid… warm. O-ol-old kobold trick… ussssed to kill invaders who enter home. Weapon plugsss. Weapon goesss… out… foul smell comes out. Predators come.”



Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 1 hr ago


Roy gently shook his head side to side. It was a fool's errand to convince this orcish woman that the party, or at the very least Roy, had no ill intent against her. "If our actions were little more than a cruel joke to you; then I apologize for the kindness and mercy we have displayed in saving your life." He replied sarcastically, while managing to keep a professional tone. In all his years in service as a righteous defender, the orc woman would be the first to hold them in contempt for helping her. The land was truly wretched beyond what the stories have described. So Wretched, that even a sliver of mercy and kindness was an absurd, foreign, and alien concept. He then observes the orc woman begin traversing the ruins. Roy, takes the rope from his pack and ties and secures it onto his grappling hook. Testing it briefly to see the security of his knot and the stability of the roof the grappling hook latches onto, he uses it to help him traverse the difficult portions of the ruins and pursues the woman through the rooftops.

Hidden 6 mos ago 6 mos ago Post by Riaxh
Raw
Avatar of Riaxh

Riaxh

Member Seen 1 day ago

Raugar

Or you can just go gallivanting off on your own and have us scramble after you Raugar thought in frustration as his plans for an ordered movement went up in smoke. They were under no compulsion to follow her, but then they would learn nothing. Gritting his teeth, he hauled himself up after her, which took some effort with his equipment, though he did his best to use the same handholds and supports that she used. He then tried to catch up as she jogged, doing his best to mimic her path and movements in order to avoid unstable areas.

He had a good vantage point from up here on the rooftops, with the husk of the city spread out bellow him. Thinking it prudent, he used his divine sense to scour the area as he ran, hoping to detect the presence of any unusual evil in the area.

Hidden 6 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

Angus MacAlister


Angus questioned the wisdom of healing an orc. From his experience with orcs back in Dachaigh, the only thing Angus trusted about an orc was that their thoughts consisted mainly of plans to kill anyone they met. And in a place as dark and dangerous as these ruins, Angus was fairly certain the orcs of this land were little different. Angus wretched when the orc suggested they had healed her with the intention of doing perverse things to her. Did she really think they wanted to do that to an orc? Angus would be hard pressed to find a more sickening thought. Suddenly the orc climbed up a building and began running the rooftops. The rest of the party decided they wanted to see where the orc was going, so Angus followed too. His experience in climbing and jumping between the cliffs of his homeland aided him well when climbing and jumping between the rooftops of the ruins. However, Angus' progress wasn't as fast as it could have been. That was mainly due to the subtle yet crucial differences between cliffs and rooftops. He managed to keep up though. When the orc stopped, Angus drew level with her and looked down at the corpse. "Takin' a glaive to the chest" Angus said "Not the best o' ways to go. But there are definitely worse".

Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

The dead body that had the glaive stuck in it's chest had faints aura of necromancy off of it. Raugar would vaguely know from his training that such auras were common among the undead, though this aura was far too faint for this decapitated creature to be a zombie. It had the aura of a zombie that was once unliving, before returning to death. It possibly has something to do with the glaive stuck in it's chest.

The orc looked around and spotted something in the building they were in. It appeared to be some rope. She hauled it up, which revealed a hanged corpse. She unceremoniously twisted it's head off to procure the rope as she continued to move across the buildings, lassoing the glaive when she was close and pulling it up towards her. Now armed she continues on the rooftop path. But as they moved there was a loud roar in the distance that caused the orc to stop, than curse under her breath. "Piss. Of course it's near my base." Moving more slowly the orcish woman came to a crawl as she peered over the edge of the ruins she stood on. Below feasting upon a pile of dead trogs was a massive ogre-like creature. Protected with crude rusted plates and armed with a large club, the creature seemed content to just feast where it was at. Unfortunately, it was also right in front of the orc's hideout.

"Well that's just grand. Of all places it wants to settle, it chooses my hiding place." She looks around for some means to distract the beast, perhaps lure it away. The beast seemed too interested in gourging on corpses to immediately notice the party, but some caution should be used if they have any intentions on sneaking around it.
Hidden 6 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

Angus MacAlister


"That's a soddin' cyclops, that is" Angus said as he caught sight of the creature "There ain't no way we'll be able to take it 'ead on. Fortunately, I 'ave a plan. You lot go 'ide yerselves while I draw the scunner away. Then once I've gotten 'im a good distance, you lot jump out and get to the orc lass' 'idin' place. Good plan aye?".
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 1 hr ago


"Gods above..." Was the only thing Roy managed to utter at the sight of the massive giant. The sight instilling a deep fear inside of him. Rightly so, considering that in his homeland, giants along with their subspecies, were very rare. Few and far in between...but each sight warranted a state of emergency. The crown would dispatch a number of knight orders and cannoneer companies simply to fend off the creatures. Though this land was not his native land. There was no army nor kingdom he could call for aid; he considered it a miracle for him to have found his party mates. The barbarian then proposed his plan. It was outright insane for him to go alone, but it was the only option they had. There was no way they could face this thing and stay alive. Roy balled both his hands into fists to stop them from shaking and spoke to the Barbarian. "You are a brave man, Ser MacAlister; perhaps the bravest I would meet in my lifetime. May the gods guide you. But before you go..." He looks to the little kobold bard. "Bard, is there anything you can do to help, Ser MacAlister in this task?" He still distrusted the kobold, but perhaps she had some sort of magics to help the barbarian. Either way, If things go wrong, he would be ready to act. Ready to help his comrade.

Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 17 hrs ago

The Kobold's eyes soon fell on the Cyclops. A massive beast of a giant... though it did not provoke the same dreaded fear that was welling up in her heart, than the distant sound of Troglodytes. The very damnedable creatures that she witness rip apart in comrades in a platitude of unfathomable ways.

Still... the cyclops's presence demanded it's fair share of terror. Enough so to force even the rest of her party to dare no further. Well... except for one. Her gaze snapped to the barbarian as he spoke. She had little qualms for someone she had little trust or faith in, making an action of sheer stupidity that would cost him his life if things did not go well. So she remained silent as she slowly slinked out of her hiding place, which was a corner with rubble.

Then... one of the humans put her on the spot. She visibly flinched, and turned her head towards Roy. There was some silence when she turned her head back to the Cyclops and studied him carefully. She mulled over her options carefully, thinking of each spell in her catalogue. And little by little, one could practically watch her pitiful self confidence make a harrowing treck across a metaphorical tight rope.

"...Kobold issss... not wizard," she noted. "Her ssspellsss make not... easier.... obviously. One spell... best used in battle. One spell... makes sound at point... the last spell." There was a pause. She contemplated that last spell. Suggestion. When used right, it was an absurdly powerful weapon in one's arsenal. And definitely not a spell she wants to expose to the humans. But... it certainly was tempting to use to prove her usefulness. The problem is that'd mean speaking to the creature somehow. If it failed... well the image of herself being a bloody mess flashed in her head.

She managed to keep herself from letting out a terrified bawlk as she quickly retreated from the edge, and shook her head vigorously. "No! Kobold not using that spell..." she hissed hurriedly.

She now sulked for a moment while her own thoughts began to slowly linger over stories of heros from the past. Kobold heroes, whom ventured alone and against the odds. From the journey of a dying 'bold and the rabble he lead to find a new home for the egg they protected. To even the legend of a green scaled hunter. They were inspiring... but not for her. Not right now. Well, she could at least channel that into something.

She mumbled softly to herself as she pulled a bag of caltrops and a flask of oil from her belt and offered them over to the Barbarian. "... You are fool... but the foolsss bravado oft leads them to greatnessss..." There was a light, barely perceivable magical echo to her voice. Such simple words did wonders in inspiring a growing well of valor into the barbarian.


Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 12 hrs ago

Thokk


While he still didn't know how trustworthy his companions were Thokk respected the barbarian's courage just like the musketeer did and wondered if there was anything he could do to help aside from offering his potion. The kobold actually gave him an idea when she explained how her spells. "Her ssspellsss make not... easier.... obviously. One spell... best used in battle. One spell... makes sound at point... the last spell." "Hmmpf offensive spells might be better in this situation, but couldn't you use that sound spell to make him look the other way?"

Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by Riaxh
Raw
Avatar of Riaxh

Riaxh

Member Seen 1 day ago

Raugar

Raugar was breathing heavily when the orc drew to a halt. He had spied no fiends watching them as they dashed across the rooftops, but caught a glimpse of the faint aura surrounding the corpse the orc identified as her victim. Undead. Such unholy creatures reside here as well. Were they just a side effect of this rotten place, or was there a source that needed to be destroyed? he would have to ask the orc.

Later. For something else now dominated his attention. A giant. It could be nothing else, he gazed in awe at the magnificent tower of lumbering muscle, capped by it's single eye. He had never seen anything like it. Such a thing could obliterate swathes of men. In his mind's eye, he allowed himself to fantasize about bringing down such a creature. Fear and excitement mixed in equal parts within him. Could they possibly do it?

He joined the others, who were deep in discussion, and listened intently to Angus's plan to lead it away. It was certainly a more sensible plan. Their weapons would likely barely go much further than it's hide... Even suggesting they try to bring it down was madness... folly...

But what if they didn't need their weapons?

"The plan is good, and you are brave for suggesting it." he said with a respectful nod in Angus's direction. "But your escape will be difficult. What of rope?" He crouched down and removed a coil of hempen rope from his pack. "We could trip it. Myself and another lie in wait further down. When it charges after you, we pull it taut across the road, using the ruins as anchors and try to bring it down, or at least make it stumble." He examined the beast again, taking note of it's size. "It's vision will be poor with that single eye, and a creature of that size should have a hard time getting back on its feet, especially if it collapses on some buildings, and we can all slip into the den whilst it gets its bearings." He stood up again. "You would need to avoid being crushed." he said matter-of-factly, "But if we use enough lengths of rope, it could work." he said, more to convince himself than the others. He turned to face Lilt. "If you lack the courage to cast your magic on the beast itself, is there something you might do to camouflage or conceal our trap?"
Hidden 5 mos ago 5 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

Angus MacAlister


"That won't be necessary" Angus said in response to Raugar's suggestion "I'll be runnin' the rooftops to escape the bugger. He dunnae look to be the climbin' sort what with 'ow big 'n' armored he is, so I'm sure it'll be easy to lose the bastard once I've got 'is eye and led 'im away".
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 17 hrs ago

"If you lack the courage to cast your magic on the beast..."

Well, talk about doubt. Those words probably wouldn't hurt so much if it hadn't come from another kin of dragons! Especially one she had willingly placed significantly more trust in than the others. Lilt released an irritated hiss to the dragonborn. Her tail rose up to thump on the ground in distaste, but the kobold caught herself by sliding a foot back and preventing the appendage from slapping onto the ground.

"Lack courage?! Kobold already ssaid, kobold's not wizard! Ssshe can't poof magic from finger tips from complete safety! Ssshe's subtle, yesss! More than wizard! But only as sssubtle as kobold ssspeaksss to dragonborn! As subtle as kobold nicely asking giant-ape to leave! And it may very well. By that point, we might be ssticking pointy thingss in eye if fail! Lasst ressort only!"

She certainly is doing her best to relay the idea that if she cast anything on the beast now, they'd be fighting it if it failed. Of course, she might have some trouble with that as she's growing increasingly irate by the perceived doubt she was facing.

She took a deep breath, and took a glance to Angus, "Kobold already did what ssshe can now. Koboldss other functions would be detrimental to her health, and other's safety if used -now-."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 1 hr ago


"It is understandable that you did what you can, and we appreciate your action to help Ser MacAlister, as well as stopping your tail from producing noise..." Roy stated with understanding but shot a slightly withering look at the kobold and spoke in a quiet, but harsh, tone soon after. "...but please do refrain from raising your voice. The beast may be a fair distance away, but I am unwilling to ruin our chances even before the plan has even been executed." Roy then lets out a small sigh. Bickering and scolding his party mates was counter productive and a waste of time. The barbarian seemed to be waiting for the rest of the party to do something before he went off to do his insane plan. Roy, wanting to have a good vantage of the area, looking for a spot he could be both well hidden and have the vantage point he sought.

Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

As the party plotted and spoke, the orcish woman simple kept and eye on the Cyclopes as he feasted. He ate quickly, leaving behind nothing more than a bloody stain where the frogs were once bleeding out. He sat there and let out a deafening yawn, scratched and belly, and looked around. He seemed to have noticed something but it was uncertain if it was the party he noticed. The beast just continues to sit there, woefully ignorant of his surroundings.

Then he farted. It was wretched. ”I swear if that bastard shits in front of my base I’m leaving.” the orc grumbled.

2x Like Like 1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 5 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

Angus MacAlister


"On that note, I think it's time I got a move on" Angus said as he pulled out a Javelin "Wish me luck". With that said, Angus moved across the rooftops until he was opposite the party. Angus then hurled his javelin at the cyclops. "Oi! Over 'ere ye one-eyed bastard!" Angus called out to the cyclops once the javelin completed its journey.


Hidden 5 mos ago Post by floodtalon
Raw
Avatar of floodtalon

floodtalon Cyber-Phantasy Knight

Member Online

Ano


"It's time to leave now beast." Her voice echoed from behind the Cyclopes as Angus threw his javelin, the door of orc woman's home opened, the woman inside making no effort to hide herself as she exited her temporary residence. Shield in one hand, an amulet in the other, both appearing to be slightly burnt. The amulet was raised before her, glowing brightly as she stared down the cyclopes before her, annoyance and anger in her eyes as she began casting her spell. "And by leave, I mean you need to leave this mortal plane. Your presence stains the very earth." That same light that emanated from her amulet suddenly appeared around the cyclopes, the feeling of paralysis gripping the monster.

Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 12 hrs ago

Thokk


The appearance of the unknown woman attacking the cyclops meant the plan the barbarian had come up with was ruined. Thokk wanted to facepalm at the poor timing but he couldn't hold it against her since there was no way she could have known. Given the circumstances he decided it was time for him to reveal his own magic and shot off an Chromatic Orb at the monster. Inspired by it's rusty armor he choose to deal lightning damage even though he didn't know if it was immune or not.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Riaxh
Raw
Avatar of Riaxh

Riaxh

Member Seen 1 day ago

Raugar

Raugar was surprised by Angus's decision, but he was the one risking his life, so it was his choice. Lilt spoke up against his provocation. Perhaps there was some fire in the kobold after all. The discussion ended. Raugar's heart began to thump in his chest as Angus took up his position, and cast fourth both his javelin and his challenge.

No plan survives contact with the enemy. Back at the Order, this was a lesson Raugar's instructors had impressed in him many times, and something he had found largely to be true during his military career. No matter how rigorously trained or disciplined the soldiers or how solid the plan, battle was a place of chaos not order, which would sweep up even the most cohesive unit, let alone a loosely collected group of adventurers.

So when an unknown element stepped out of the lair, an electric orb flew past his shoulder and the plan flew out the window, He surged into action, adrenaline pumping as he joined the battle. Looks like we get to take this thing on after all. he thought, channelling his power, as he unleashed a roar. A pale echo that recalled the might of the great ancestors of his race and the promise of his oaths to conquer even the strongest who stood before him.

↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet