Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Seen 1 hr ago

As Ettamri neared, she could make out clearer details through the white fog. The silhouette was certainly humanoid, with perhaps a dancer's physique: long limbs with muscles like thick rope. No flesh-tearing claws extended from the hands, nor was there any impressive coat of fur that masked the skin. There was a lump beside the figure, perhaps their clothing and armanents, and as her voice sounded through the tranquil place, one arm casually rested against the non-descript lump.

The figure's voice was gravelly yet refined, carrying a gravity akin to an experienced leader of men. A few vowels were drawn out unnaturally, a couple words pronounced in a curious way, but it was more accent than inadequacy, an exotic, wild undertone beneath that tongue.

"Merely a pilgrim seeking respite in this holy place," was the masculine figure's response. "Will you strike me down for such a small overstep?"
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by GreenGoat
Raw
Avatar of GreenGoat

GreenGoat Harmless Flower Person

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Ettamri Belarence


"Nay, tis but a traveller's caution. One cannot be too sure of safety out here." Relaxing her pose, Ettamri gave a small nod to the figure. "Apologies for disturbing you, pilgrim. We have just come from an ambush by large apes and we are not in the best of moods."

That was that then. No brute orc ready to spring out and club them in their sleep. Just another pilgrim who managed to get to the springs. Perhaps a powerful one, or just one that wasn't a juicy target. A single person wasn't worth the trouble if they weren't rich after all. From her experience, it was never worth it to pry into another one's business if one did not have a significant investment in it. Considering how exhausted the party was, she deemed it wasn't worth it to start up a fight either.

Signalling the all clear to the rest and to set up camp a bit aways, she moved closer, more to inspect the spring than the traveller in it. Will this really have some sort of healing property?
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Rondo of Blood
Raw
Avatar of Rondo of Blood

Rondo of Blood a horrible night to have a curse

Member Seen 9 mos ago



Siwon looked to the mists, hoping that they'd find a sign that only proves his suspicions. He didn't want to take any drastic actions, being about as tired as everyone else. He also knew he couldn't take everyone on, and his chance of survival will likely lessen without their help. As soon as Ettamri gave the all-clear, Siwon knew he had to at least try to reason with the rest.

"Don't be foolish, this is clearly a trap! The Jaws have forewarned me of this... Whoever or whatever is in that mist may seem like he means us no harm, but something tells me we'll end up like that wreck we ran into if we stay. Let's just make camp further down the road."

Crossing his arms, Siwon hoped that his allies would listen to reason. If they still wished to stay, then Siwon would make it clear from his actions that he won't follow them to their doom. Rather than helping the rest pack up, the Fiend Knight would work on taking his own supplies as well as any spare camping gear.

The thought of just taking the wagon and leaving while everyone else met their inevitable doom tempted Siwon, but for now all he could do was find his own place to rest away from everyone else. It was also unfortunate that he didn't bring his own map along, either. That meant if he wished to abscond, he'd have to retrace his footsteps back to Andeave. He'd have to steal a horse at the very least.

For now, Siwon kept his thoughts of running away to himself as he resolved to distance himself from whatever dangers lurked in their supposed sanctuary all while refusing to help his traveling companions prepare for their doom. He remained cautious, not letting his sword arm wander too far off from his blade...
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by OwO
Raw
Avatar of OwO

OwO what's this?

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Renauld gave a slight chuckle at being called a butt eater. He supposed he really was a butt eater. The flavour of a good ham made the title worth it. When this mission was going to be over, the first thing he would do was enjoy a nice cup of smoked tea with ham. Such a luxury was unattainable for him before. His savings had since been stretched thin because of the howling winter. A few gold coins went a long way. The dour scene in front of him hushed what little laughter Katya gave him.

The equipment that the fallen group had on them was certainly good. Whatever caused the chaos was strong. The wagon was nearing its weight limit. Renauld didn't want to overload the cart. Still, leaving armaments out in the open was always a bad practice. Armour was a definite no. While the scrap may have earned some silver, the weight was too great. Almost eating shit from a wagon wheel, though, was a useful discovery. A spare wheel was always useful. The two staffs that the mages possessed were also useful. They were certainly better than his. A few of the weapons were also in good enough condition to keep. The swordbreaker was a perfect item to sell. The knicked longsword was also good. It didn't really matter, though. They took most of it. Save for the heaviest, most damaged pieces of scrap and useless armour, they took all. The weight of most weapons was light. A greatsword weighed less than 5 pounds. It was better to resell the fallen's equipment than let aboms and goblins get ahold of it all.

As bitter winds turned to a humid haze, Renauld was only more and more pained. Wool kept warm while wet, but being so moist felt miserable. Even if it had the smell of rotten eggs, the haze was an odd respite. Then, the hot spring appeared.

Siwon worriedly panicked about something. He was right. The faster they made it to safety, the better. But something stuck out about what Siwon said. Something tells me we'll end up like that wreck we ran into if we stay.

Fire. The backline quickly slain by blades. The frontline brutally crushed. Choice cuts of horse meat.

The lone man, audacious enough to take a bath in a hot spring, was the only person nearby. It made sense. His words and inflections were rough.

Quickly, Renauld ran up to the approaching Ettamri. He quickly gave her back a light rap with his knuckles. A quick whisper escaped from his mouth.

"That's the orc champion," he whispered to her. His voice got even quieter. "The one that's slain over 70."
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago




Oscar stood vigilant atop the carriage.

Not letting the silhouette of their unknown visitor out of his sight for even a second. As far as his knowledge went, this person was not completely saying the truth when claiming to be a 'mere pilgrim'. Especially considering that going alone this far outside of the walled city was a death sentence and that he seemed to be packing light for a someone journeying this far. Not even the craziest of rangers would be willing to go off alone in this kind of weather or conditions. This encounter was giving strong off vibes to the ranger. It seemed that the Fiend Knight and Wizard had similar feelings as they kept on guard, even after Ettamri signed to them that things would be fine.

He had to disobey an order from their party leader. He chose to keep his stance atop the driver's seat and keep overwatch over the figure in the distance. "For once, I agree with you. Something isn't right..." Oscar whispered to the huffy fiend knight.

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Th3King0fChaos
Raw
Avatar of Th3King0fChaos

Th3King0fChaos The Weird

Member Seen 7 hrs ago


Argentum



Argen pulls Katya to the side and shifts himself as he will slightly let up his spear guard yet will not leave himself open. He wasn't too sure of the whole pilgrim thing but not being immediately attacked as they talk seems to be a good enough sign. Argen will not be letting his guard down. Argen is watching for any quick movements, if the person goes for an attack Argen will be out watching for it, he just doesn't want to find himself being sniped by a knife he didn't notice or a find himself with a bolt in his throat.

Argen watches as he stays near Katya as they are given the all clear, he is keeping his mind sharp as he isn't in the best shape at the moment to idle, he begins to question the idea of the pilgrim as a single person out in this weather is suicidal. So either they have a nail loose and can't be trusted at all or they aren't telling the truth.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Skyswimsky
Raw
Avatar of Skyswimsky

Skyswimsky uwu

Member Seen 2 mos ago

Muu


Indifference was the kind of emotion Muu was feeling upon the blood-stained battlefield. Apathy. Detachment. The sight was supposed to not bother her, at all. Ever since that one fateful day a part of her had died, too, after all. 'I don't care' was an easy chant to repeat as Muu, together with the others, continued on. Not without taking the Swordbreaker for herself of course.

Instead, their travel was now done in near absolute silence. And despite certainly not being unwelcome, this particular lack of conversation had quite a different undertone to it. It was nothing Muu tried to worry about too much, however, for their payment was still plenty. Until, suddenly, she stopped. Her feet kept moving, but her mind stopped thinking.

A familiar mix of odors.
A memory turned day-dream.
She was merely little girl. He was a wrinkly old man. Together in a big bath. Nothing more, nothing less.

Despite the reality of that situation, Muu felt nothing. Her emotions were detached. It was her, and her past, alright. But, just like that? All of a sudden? The past half-year the blade-dancer had spend her time surviving on a day-to-day basis. There had been no need, no time, to think about the why and how.

But now? Now... what exactly? What was she supposed to make of this? If anything, the memory couldn't be anything but weird and creepy.

Thus, despite her usual silence, it was quite apparent that Muu was quite absent-minded for the time being in face of this potential danger.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Renauld, Oscar, Siwon, Argen - Just Four Dudes Doing Dude Things in the Woods

Despite the differences in opinion on what to actually do, some consensus remained: night was approaching, and they needed to settle down one way or the other. Oscar and Siwon, either driven by caution or cowardice, drove the wagon back down the road for some distance, away from the vision-impairing fog of the hot springs. Accompanied by Argen and Renauld, they worked to secure what land they could. Oscar found it troublesome to stand guard over the wagon however; steam from the springs, as well as the direction of the wind, made too perfect a smokescreen. Knowing the reputation of the monster that laid within, would the fifty or so meters of distance between the wagon’s current location and the outer perimeter of the steam be enough?

Renauld and Argen, on the other hand, had a blast compacting the snow to make solid ground for their tents to rest upon. Last night’s snow had melted just enough during the day that now, it was easily malleable, neither powder nor ice. The two stomped around, and though Oscar would have to get down there to assist with starting a fire, the canvas-tents were set up afterwards without much difficulty. Whether or not it’d be effective or comfortable was another problem altogether: the soldiers would have to find some way to protect their bodies from the cold ice that’d drain their warmth if they laid down. Siwon, of course, wasn’t doing much of anything at all, outside of leaning against one of the exhausted, hungry, thirsty horses by the wagon, a grim expression of grimdarkness engraved upon his devilishly handsome features. One hand on his sword and another hand on his spear, he was absolutely prepared to eviscerate any uncommon monstrosity that presented itself before him, ever the battle-hungry Fiend Knight.

No bloodlusted monster burst out from the steam, however. Yet neither did the girls return to camp. The seconds ticked on. This far away, it was impossible to hear anything distinct from the springs.

Ettamri, Muu - Hot Springs Episode

Though Argen had originally stopped Katya from advancing further, by the time the stranger in the hot springs spoke up, the Phalanx had not decided to put the small priest into a sleeper hold and drag her back with the guys down the road. Instead, Katya, Ettamri, and Muu all remained in the hot springs area, the humid air around them almost akin to a sauna as they got closer to the waters. A bath! A proper bath in hot waters during this winter season, when only parties with fire mages had such luxuries normally! Muu had denied herself of bodily luxuries in her pursuit for strength, Ettamri hadn’t taken a bath in six months, and Katya only received cold water ablutions as part of her Priest training, so a hot bath…that was certainly a special thing.

Ettamri neared the pools of steaming water first, and immediately, she knew that Renauld was right. The humanoid figure before her, casually shoulder-deep in the waters and wholly naked, was indeed Tithemal Dragonscar, the Dragon’s Dervish. Those horrendous ritual-scars burned red in the heat of the waters, contrasting with the motley green of his skin, and his blue hair, a lion’s mane woven with red streaks, was dampened and slicked back to reveal a proud forehead. How long had it been since they’ve clashed? A life time ago, that was what. He was more muscular than he was before, and looked taller as well. There were no true warriors, monstrous or human, that remained stagnant, after all, and the masked warrior got a feeling that even a bounty of five crowns failed to truly communicate how dangerous this orc was. Upon seeing her, Tithemal grinned, his elongated lower canines jutting out of his mouth lopsidedly, as his large, bulbous nose wrinkled. Though of a more graceful physique than the rest of his brethren, the heritage of his blood still remained evident in his face: square-shaped with a wide mouth, a bold brow, and red eyes that gleamed in the white night.

There was no aggression, however, in his movements, as he said, sniffing into the air, “Don’t worry, I’ve no orders to slay without reason, children. The Heart-Drake’s boons are for all. Just…”

Katya, unaware of what an orc even looked like, nevermind an orc champion who slew over seventy soldiers, had already kicked off her shoes and peeled off her socks. She tiptoed behind Ettamri, before cautiously dipping her big toe into the waters. Wow! That was hot! Immediately, her foot retracted, a wince wrenching out of her lips.

“…watch where you step into, fledgling. Snowmelt streams cool certain portions of this spring. I suggest you seek those out before you sacrifice another toe.” A guttural bark emanated from Tithemal, before he settled back into the waters.

Katya flushed for a moment, before nodding vigorously and looking at her surroundings with greater attention than before. Pine trees stretched up above, branches covered in white snow that occasionally melted and fell into the crystal clear waters below. The base of the springs was of many pebbles, and at certain portions, thermal waters rose up from below, miniature jets that disturbed the otherwise still pool. Around, dark, jagged stones ringed the area, some coated with colorful moss, others fractured and cracked from the heat. It was from piles of jagged rock that ice cold water seeped out from: there was evidently some small stream that dripped from there. The twintailed priest immediately beelined for that section of the wide pool, walking barefoot. Testing the waters again, she shivered with delight, before immediately waving at the others.

“Muu! Ettamri! The water’s super good here! Let’s go!”

She wasn’t going to wait for any of them, though. Already, Katya had wriggled out of her robes, popped off the dress she wore underneath, set her staff aside, folded her personal belongings into her clothing, and then promptly stripped off her underwear and dove in. With no extra clothing brought along, it was simply silly to get the one pair of underwear she did possess wet, after all.

The effects of the spring were immediate. Katya let out a long, long sigh as the sweat and dirt from one week and some odd days of existing in Andeave washed off. It was pure bliss. If only they had non-butt meat to eat too. And then lotsa milk.

After some deliberation (or whatever the fuck else Muu did in her empty skull), the Blade Dancer joined the pool as well, leaving only Ettamri still fully armored, watching over them all. It brought another grin on Tithemal’s face.

“May as well invite your men too,” he drawled, pulling a flask of something from his bundle and taking a swig of it. “I’ve no interest in duelling cowards.”

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by GreenGoat
Raw
Avatar of GreenGoat

GreenGoat Harmless Flower Person

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Ettamri Belarence


Her eyes widened as she saw it was truly who they said it was. Ettamri had clashed with him before, in the retaking of the very fort they were marching to resupply. He was a formidable opponent, nimble, strong and quick thinking. Not the sort of opponent she would want to fight when every single one of the party was exhausted from the long march. Not a fight she wanted to take considering the rest of her party member as well, or considering the state the champion was in. To attack him while he was unarmed and after he offered peace was a cowardly act she will not accept. Even if she was cursed to become the foulest, most evil creature known, her pride will never waver.

"Ah... I see. The Champion from long ago. I had thought myself strong, but that clash with you proved I was woefully wrong."

She wanted to go into the bath right now. Katya was already happily swimming in it. A warm bath, hell, even a regular bath was a luxury that did not come often to her. A thirsty man waist deep in cool water, yet unable to drink due to the shackles tying him up. In this case, her shackles was her curse. A demon, one with vibrant crimson skin would be killed immediately. And considering how her companions reacted to an orc in the bath, she was likely to be killed or attacked if they even caught one whiff of her curse.

"Katya, I'm going to see the rest of the group first. I'll take that bath later."

Oddly enough, the red waif that plagued her had no words about the orc, as if agreeing that leaving him alone for now would be the best course.

It was easy enough once she got back to the rest of the party a distance away; tell them in no uncertain terms the orc was not to be harmed as long as he showed no interest in harming them, and that they could indulge in the hot springs if they wanted to, now that the orc seemed willing to let them be.

Ettamri would have to wait when everyone else was done bathing. In the meantime, she would assemble a pile of rocks to act as a wall for her, with a larger boulders in the inside until it reaches to her shoulders when sitting, with an incline on the outside part made of piling smaller rocks. Not exactly a back breaking task, with just the gathering of the rocks to be concerned about, then slapping on snow on the outside part. On the inside part, meant to be facing the fire, she laid down her cloaks she used for the last camp.

"Hmm. Alright good work on the camp, someone get the fire going. Use the firewood from inside the wagon as well as any more wood you can find. And uh.. You, Argen was it? Better get the food going after the fire starts. I'm going to look around the area some more."

While she mentioned she was going to look around some more, what she was doing was simply killing time now, awaiting for her turn in the hot spring.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago




They were separated.

And the other half was with some mysterious stranger that made Oscar's hair stand on end.

Worst of all, Katya was with them!

The thought caused the usually jolly ranger to frown and knit his eyebrows tightly as he let out an exasperated and irritated breath while helping the others set up the tents and whatnot for the camp. This whole situation was practically gushing out bad vibes to the ranger. Like a spring-loaded trap just waiting for some unsuspecting schmuck to trigger it and blow up in their face. He should have done something earlier, but regrets only happen in the end. He couldn't do anything about it now. "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Oscar muttered to himself as the mist practically gave him zero visibility farther than five meters. This was the kind of environment where ambushes and surprise attacks would be perfect. He was sure of it; he would do the same if enemies camped in this kind of place after all. Oscar paced around the camp perimeter to collect both his thoughts and some sticks for kindling. While he collected sticks and his thoughts to rationalize an outcome where they don't get killed when they are most vulnerable by the stranger. An intrusive thought shot through his mind. A visceral image of their bodies scattered on snow stained crimson, each mangled beyond recognition and in the process of freezing solid. The mysterious figure standing before the gruesome scene, grinning ear to ear as it cackles demonically as it revels at the sight. All their efforts and hardships; all for nothing just cause they got caught when they least expected it.

THUNK!

The ranger slammed his balled fist onto a pine tree he was gathering at, a fierce hate ridden scowl replacing the frown on his face.

...that disappeared just as quickly as it appeared as a clump of snow fell atop his bare head. Apparently, the force from the sudden and powerful strike was enough to jostle the tree and cause what little snow that accumulated on the higher branches to fall down; as if nature herself was telling the ranger to cool his head before he made any brash decisions. Slowly but surely, the man calmed himself and reassured himself that things would be alright if they played it safe. As the icy cold waters of melted snow dripped from the top of his head to the bottom of his chin, the calm and jovial demeanor returned. Now more relaxed, Oscar approaches the horses and lets them have their well-deserved rest. As was feeding the horses the hay and letting them eat clumps of snow to rehydrate, the Knightess appeared suddenly from the mist. "Done already, Ettamri? Rather quick." He comments to her offhandedly as he piles the hay and snow for the horses to eat before trying to fulfill the large woman's request of a campfire.

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Th3King0fChaos
Raw
Avatar of Th3King0fChaos

Th3King0fChaos The Weird

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Argen dislikes the idea of of leaving the others by themselves, but Ettamri and Muu can handle themselves so he isn't worried as much about them and Katya. He does feel extremely suspicious still, but that is something he will have cleared up when he figures out who the person is. His work is easy today, good he needed something going his way as it would be even worst of a head ache if they were sent through all of that hell just to be put through heavy work of making some place to sleep. Argen stayed his normal stoic silent as he worked his work, yet he notice another voice that surprised him, Ettamri.

She came back quite quickly, a bit too fast to have really done any proper cleaning. She probably didn't want to go and wash with the pilgrim, but this left Muu and Katya by themselves. He sighs out as he says to Ettamri, "Yes it is Argen, so I'm going to assume the person is no danger". As Argen is grabbing his supplies to set up for cooking.

He is slightly annoyed that she left the others, yet she must have a good reason to do so. There was no way she would just leave them with the stranger without a good reason.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by OwO
Raw
Avatar of OwO

OwO what's this?

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Well, even if he was a champion, the group was most likely safe. For someone as strong as the champion, he could have probably easily crushed the party in his birthday suit. Thankfully, Tithemal wasn't a cruel bastard. Rather, he was a warrior through and through. He wouldn't go out of his way to crush random strangers.

Maybe.

Renauld was putting all of his faith into Tithemal rather than his own party. After all, they wouldn't be able to best such a man. If Tithemal wanted them dead, they would be dead. That was all there was to it. It was best to just stay out of his way and try to finish the convoy. Renauld had few worries about letting the women in the party relax in the springs with such a man. At the end of the day, however, there was little reason to worry about them. In fact, the men had more to worry about. Ettamri was a walking hulk of destruction. She was with Katya and the rest, and they would be safe. Well, unless Muu and Ettamri decided to duke it out in front of the orc. The camping crew was considerably weaker than them. They lost 2/3s of the group's power. She was really a linchpin for the party. There was no point in thinking to deep about any of this, though. If something would happen, it would happen. That's all there was to it.

This time, the camp was considerably easier. Packing down snow and setting up tents at peak weather was easy. Much easier than building a hovel from scratch. Really, if they had the tents, why didn't they just do it the first time around? No sense dwelling on it. It was what it was. Even though he wasn't a hunter, the setup for the tents was easy. Just put up the supports, drape the tenting, and nail everything into the ground.

With Ettamri coming back without a worry, the others were most likely safe. There was still no reason for him to worry. For Renauld, a nice dinner and rest would make the arduous path they took bearable.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Seen 1 hr ago



If nothing else, Oscar was a practiced firemaker, and they soon had a small, cozy flame with which to cook their butt-steaks. The snow was easy to hammer nails into as well, and within a relatively short period of time, the camp was set up: a wall to serve as a windbreak, tents to sleep in, a fire to cook in, and an Argen to do the actual cooking with. For all his lingering pains, the Phalanx didn’t have too much trouble with cooking: Oscar had butchered the meat relatively well, and without any oils or particular spices on hand, all he had to do was either boil it in his little pot or toss it on a hot rock and watch it go. Fat dribbled from the meat, causing the fireplace to crackle and pop. Renauld warmed himself by the fires again, same position as always. They were all tired, from both the lack of sleep as well as the forced march, but now, sitting in the camp, it wasn’t all that bad.

Just a moment of reprieve, really. Maybe this time, their sleep wouldn’t be disturbed by a collapsing shelter.

Time passed meanderingly for Ettamri, Renauld, Oscar, and Argen, the four of them having nothing to do but watch the fire slowly cook the meat. Smoke rose up, obscuring the stars. Snow melted above, dripping down in cool drops. The smell of meat became more pronounced. If they had some sea salt, that would have been wonderful. If they had some spices, that’d be a dream. No conversation passed, only the grumbling of empty stomachs.

And then, by general consensus or expert opinion, they decided enough was enough and went for a bite.

The texture of the steak was definitely tougher than expected, and there was a weird stickiness that accompanied the meat. Had the fat congealed too much with the muscle? Their attempt at caveman cooking clearly wasn’t the best for this particular cut; if they had time and fuel, slow roasting the monkey butts may have been a better option there. The meat itself tasted relatively decent though. There was a gaminess and a bit of a bitter aftertaste, but the initial flavor was akin to overdone beef: not amazing or mindblowing, but at least it was edible. Savory, even. The monkey butts were never going to be finger-licking good, most of them had expected that. At least it didn’t taste like poop. At least it was fresh meat.

A figure emerged from the darkness and descended upon them. Katya, her skin aglow and flushed, patted down her wet curls with her robes (perhaps not the smartest idea in subzero temperatures), before looking at them. For a moment, there was a gleam of excitement and hunger in her eyes, before rationality set in and quickly turned to disgust.

“Ew,” she said, scrunching up her nose, “you’re all butt-eaters now…”

A slight pause, and then she continued nonchalantly eying the steaks still slowly cooking. “Also, uh, you can all go take a bath now too, just saying. So I think you should all do that. Cause you all smell like poop. And, uh…Muu wants you all to go too. So yeah.”

A firm nod. That was the story she was running with.

“Yeah!”
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago




Things went better than expected.

But Oz knew better. Things tended to get real cozy and comfortable before something struck and made things shit again. But this small reprieve was more than welcomed. The smell of roasting butt meat and pinewood smoke relaxed his body and encouraged his appetite. The warmth of the flame and calm and serene silence between him and the boys, plus one girl, was profoundly relaxing. He could already feel the worries and fatigue he had accumulated ebb away. Perhaps this was the party? The one party where he wouldn't be a transient member in. The one that will finally get him to settle down and keep a permanent position in it as their ranger and scout?

Nah, unlikely. This was probably a one-time thing and as soon as they were finished, the party would disband and he would be back to being his old self. Tagging along with any other group that needed a ranger or just going solo...but the notion of it left a pit growing in his stomach and a wrenching feeling in his heart.

A sudden and sharp crack and pop of the fire brought him back to the present. He shook his head side to side gently to get the thought of it out of his mind and instead takes note of the food they were cooking. "If the old man taught me anything, he taught me how to instinctively know when the meat is done. And I say the meat is done." Oscar smiles and takes a stick of the flame-roasted monkey butt meat and waited for it to cool down before taking a hearty chunk out of it. It was not the best roast meat Oz he had eaten, that rank is forever held by the old man's kebabs, but this was not half bad. A few times the meat nearly slipped off the stick as Oz battled with his meal. But it was an enjoyable meal none the less.

It was around this time that the small one appeared from the darkness. In an instant, Oz's free hand was on the grip of his machete, and ready to fight...but he soon relaxed as he saw that their intruder was just the priestess. Rather refreshed from her trip to the hot springs. She seemed ecstatic at first but she instantly remembered that the party was eating butt meat and she didn't like that idea and clearly voiced her disgust and disappointment with the party. Causing the ranger to openly laugh as he caught her lingering gaze on an untouched stick of monkey butt roast as well as her not so thinly veiled lie. "Oh, is that so? Sad to hear that you aren't interested in eating your share of the meat. It actually isn't that bad." Oz says as he finishes off his share and tossing the sticks into the fire as extra kindling. It was time to teach her a lesson in lying by teasing the poor girl a little. "C'est La Vie. I suppose you are content to only have some bland and dry crackers instead for dinner tonight." The ranger then acts as if he were going to gather up Katya's share of the meat and distribute it among the boys and Ettamri. "More us then. Who wants extra?" He asks enthusiastically to the rest of the party.

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Seen 1 hr ago



Hoh? Oscar dared challenge her?

Katya grinned smugly as she plopped herself down on a comfy mound of snow. "Wow, Oscar, so eager to do away with food! Shouldn't you be a little more patient first? After all, Muu hasn't even had a chance to eat yet, and already you're handing away extras?" The little priest closed one eye as she waved a finger at him disapprovingly. "All that butt-eating must have gotten into your head, cause now you're even acting like a poopyface! Why don't you all take a bath and clean yourselves up? I'll make sure to protect all this weird butt meat from predators while Muu's not here yet."
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago




Ah, it seems that the little one didn't back down. Suddenly, things got a tad bit more interesting as he saw her defiance to his teasing. Well, it takes two to tango.

Oz offered his own smug smirk back at the little girl. "Not all of it, Kat. Just your share, cause you did say that eating butts are gross." He holds up his hands to reveal the three skewers that were meant to be her share. The roast meat steaming enticingly in the air. It may not have been the best meat or cut ever, but hunger is one helluva spice. He even waved the three skewers in front of the small priestess, letting the aroma waft over her. She may deny not wanting to eat any of the butt meat, but her body wouldn't. "Perhaps, perhaps. But I don't deny that this meal was one of the better meals of the trip." Oz lets out a faux breath of disappointment as he abruptly moves the skewers away from the priestess. "Alas, I cannot allow you to valiantly guard the camp alone. It would be simply too dangerous." That and he didn't trust the mystery man at the springs. "Thus I volunteer to stay and guard the camp with you. The rest can go enjoy the springs."

Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Rondo of Blood
Raw
Avatar of Rondo of Blood

Rondo of Blood a horrible night to have a curse

Member Seen 9 mos ago



Of course they would run into him. With Siwon's luck, an encounter like that was bound to happen. At the very least, the Orc Champion did not wish to fight with the party for now. Despite this, the Fiend Knight had a gut feeling he should avoid the Orc. As much as he does it anyway, Siwon is well aware that his ramblings would get himself killed from those less patient than his allies are. Even if it meant sacrificing a nice and relaxing bath, Siwon would resolve himself to sore legs if it meant his survival would be more assured. His small encampment was already set up, which only left one more thing for the Fiend Knight to do...

"... And alright, circle's fine." The Fiend Knight wrapped his hand with some spare cloth, having cut himself by the palm in order to produce enough blood to make a circle of offering on the ground before him. The circle itself appeared to be the maw of a wolf's, and one that looked quite well done from one hand-drawn with blood. Taking the small piece of flesh procured from the Abom he had totally slain single-handedly, Siwon placed it within the center of the circle before kneeling in front of it.

"A sacrifice in the morning I have failed to procure, but I hope this death I have dedicated to you shall bring me back into your good graces, O Jaws of Death..."

And so the Fiend Knight began to offer a prayer to Kur-Inuus.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Th3King0fChaos
Raw
Avatar of Th3King0fChaos

Th3King0fChaos The Weird

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Argen watches the fire as he sees the food. He sighs as he looks away and starts fiddling with his gear as he looks back as Oscar states it's done. In a quick hurry he pulls the meat off of the heating rock and onto a cooler one so it can cool, worried he burned it. He is quite excited as the food is not burnt and it has a nice taste, definitely one of the better meals he had in a while really. He is in a better mood now as well as his headache has subsided and has allowed him a chill out for a bit. So when Katya has came over and called them butt eaters he had a slight smirk come at the edge of his lips. He was feeling better as they did reach a nice place and was about to head off to take a bath, so he was quite happy.

Argen stood up as he looked towards the others as he stretches as he says, "Well I'll be heading off to the spring then, who's coming?"
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Skyswimsky
Raw
Avatar of Skyswimsky

Skyswimsky uwu

Member Seen 2 mos ago

Muu


A moment of peace and silence was a welcome change. And never had Muu wanted a bath as much as right now. Even if the mere existence of the 'Orc' was somewhat frightening, it was a fact he was not hostile currently. And neither Ettamri nor the bubbly Katya seemed to mind. In fact, they were all kind-of doing their own thing now, one way or another. Surely the male people of her small party would do something like taking a bath after the girls. It was only natural. But for now, she could simply enjoy the warm embrace of the hot waters herself. The only question was, how long? Was it really able to be called fully relaxing though? After all, the only thing she hadn't parted with after undressing herself was one of the daggers. One could never be too sure.

Left alone in thoughts for now, her mind wandered towards the brand on her upper thigh. Another relic of her past. How long had it been there, anyway? Did it even matter? Was it there in her memory? Despite her best efforts, it was still too fuzzy...
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by OwO
Raw
Avatar of OwO

OwO what's this?

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Hunger often made for the best seasoning. The monkey meat had been seasoned with nothing more than prayers and smoke, yet Renauld couldn't stop eating his share. Even if it was overcooked to the point of being brown throughout, the mage's day had been too long for him to care. Even if it was gristly, dry, bland, and tough, it was still delicious. His body, however, wasn't quite as well as satiated as his stomach. Despite warming by the fire as often as he did, it did little to help the days worth of sweat that had clung to his body. His wool undergarments were in a constant state of uncomfortably sour. The cold did little to clean his clothes.

When Argen announced that he was going off to the hot spring, Renauld got up and gave him a solemn nod. Tithemal really wasn't a danger to cowards like them. Unless he left and the party got attacked by the local wildlife, they'd be fine.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet