Tabitha Valfort "Jackal"Age:
"Take a good look at my body, this is what the Ascendancy of Man is all about. Not the pretty things of the elites."Important items:
- Memento:A bone carving with an intricate design and the motto "Per Aspera ad Astra" a saying in a ancient Earth language. A memento of her father.
- Persephone Chassis: A near full-conversion cyborg body, it is designed with versatility and interfacing in mind, as as such it lacks the plating heavier models have. It also allows short-term exposure to vacuum without major issues.
- Argonaut Navigation Interface: An inbuilt cranial interface that allows Jackal to display the smart information of her ship's systems, thus allowing a significant reduction in reaction times.
- Omni-tool: Miniature Computer that allows for communication, calculation, augmented reality navigation and small-scale hacking.
- Galactic Credits: Some credits, mostly for small change operations
- Railgun Rifle: A weapon that operates on a similar, but more powerful principle than coil weapons. This weapon has a recoil so powerful that it requires cyborg limbs to be operated safely (normal arms would shatter upon firing), but it packs quite the punch.
- Nanite Toolbag: A multi-purpose bag for performing small-scale repairs.
Tabitha was born in the Taurus-445 system, one of the fringe worlds that the Ascendancy of Man possesed prior to the war. A system characterized by a single rocky, desertic but inhabited planet, surrounded by vast gas giants and Asteroid fields, the tricky gravity of the system and large amount of planetoids made both space mining a very profitable, but dangerous business. The remoteness of the system and treacherous navigation through the debris made the system fairly isolated, and not all of the Ascendancy policies and fancies got through.
Cheap metal and a large number of accidents made that the population of Taurus-445 had a rather staggering rate of injuries that had required cybernetic implants, and biotechnology was almost unheard of. Tabitha grew up with people looking half-vending machine, half penal colony reject, although the scarce resources of the system made them develop a strong sense of community and unity. From a young age, Tabitha had always a magical touch when it came to precision machinery, and indeed, at age 17 she was chosen to be one of the Vultures, half miners, half mad pilots that bore in the asteroids fields in search of minerals. She did acceptably well, only losing the occasional body part and limb.
War then happened, and the entire system was drafted. Due to their backwater and unimportant location, mixed with their good skills at navigation through complicated space areas, most of Taurus-445 recruits, including the Vultures, were given the frontline transport and offensive jobs. The Ascendancy bled them to keep pressing on the Rau've. One day, Tabitha realized that she was the most senior combatant among her diminished troop, and the thought filled her with dread.
Proxima was the next battle. Tabitha was thrown in the meat grinder, and not expected to survive, only a strategy to buy time so those of core worlds would survive. Against all expectations, the pilot skillfully kept fighting to the last sputter of her ship's thrusters, being a tenacious little fly in the oinment for the Rau've crushing victory. When she looked back, though, less than one tenth of her comrades made it out alive. Her body was mangled beyond repair, requiring more cybernetic fixes to even stay alive, which earned the pity and disgust of her superiors. She was discharged honourably due to wounds (being little more than a torso and one arm with wounds and wires dangling), forever designing her a cripple, and sent her merry way back to the depopulated Taurus-445.
She decided she had enough, and she established herself as space pirate, making her base of operations in the crevices of said system.Exceptional Skill List:
Exceptional Navigation x 3
Exceptional Engineering (to repair the wrecks her piloting does to his ship as well as some parts of her own body)
Exceptional Agility (cyborg body)
Exceptional Endurance(cyborg body)
Exceptional Strength(cyborg body)
Exceptional Aim(cyborg body)