Pokémon: Hoenn – Make a Wish
The Hoenn in this RP is an Alternate Universe to that of the game, anime, and manga.
Natural sources of energy (wind, hydro, compression, heat, etc.) are gathered to power all of Hoenn. Under Fairfax Corporations' guidance and oversight, Mauville City oversees all collections and distributions of energy. This allows all of Hoenn to be largely pollution-free.
The culture of this Hoenn is liberal (socially, sexually, morally, etc.). Most believe technology and nature can work together in harmony and that if technology negatively impacts nature, it does not belong.
There are 18 Gyms, one of each type. All 18 badges are required to challenge the Elite Four, which are stationed on Victory Road. The Pokemon League is where the Championship takes place, which is held in the summer each year. Participants are only required to have "successfully" defeated their region's Elite Four to compete in Hoenn’s Championship.
Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Dynamaxing/Gigantimaxing do not and will not exist in this universe.
There is no maximum to the number of Pokemon to which an individual has immediate access. All are stored in one’s Gauntlet or carried on their person (per the individual's preference). There is no PC system and trading is performed by hand.
There are themes, topics, and realities that exist in this universe, such as Pokemon eating other Pokemon and humans eating Pokemon as there are no real-life animals that exist in this universe. For example, Miltank/Tauros/Stantler/Sawsbuck can be farmed/hunted for their meat and Miltank/Gogoat can be processed for their milk. Pokemon and human death are very real possibilities. The wilds can be and are lethal to those untrained/unprepared.
There is no evil team in this universe.
- There is no minimum or maximum post length.
- Posts need to progress your plot. Responses will not be written for your post by a GM unless your character takes an action.
- Please be conscious of grammar. Ironically, my reading comprehension is lower than average and good grammar will help things along tremendously.
- Criticism, from all parties, should be constructive and respectful. Over PM is always best.
- Character Sheets need to be PM'd to all GM's before posting in the Character Tab. CS's are not to be posted in the OOC. WIP's are not to be posted anywhere in the OOC or Character Tab. Only completed and approved characters are allowed in the Character Tab.
- You may be allowed to play more than one PC, but it will be expected that you give equal attention to both.
- Characters must be 18+. This is not the RP for a child's Pokemon journey.
- Characters should have some kind of profession or specialty. They must have a short and long-term goal, which must be added into your character's backstory.
- Players must be 18+
- R-Rated topics and language are allowed and will be used if not alluded to. X-Rated content will be fade-to-black.
- Posting will be once after a GM posts. Exceptions to this rule will occur.
- This will be treated as a Hybrid between Sandbox and Railroad. Major events will occur that affect all characters in some way, but all characters are not required to be in the same place at the same time.
- Time consistency will be required. When a GM's post moves the time forward, it is expected for the following posts to catch up.
- Collaborating on posts is allowed and encouraged when it would be efficient.
- PvP is allowed but only if all parties involved agree.
- GM's can and will instigate combat/battles as the story progresses.
- Combat/battles will be expected to be played out responsibly. Each side is expected to take hits and losses. Dodging or enduring everything is not allowed. It is expected for everyone to be reasonable and to tell an interesting story, not win every battle.
- There will be very few, if any, encounters that are not winnable. Retreat is always an option.
- Creating/controlling NPC's is encouraged. Please check with GMs beforehand in the case there is a key NPC that has already been made for that place or role.
- This list may change.