Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by Beeve
Raw
GM
Avatar of Beeve

Beeve Uncomfortable bee witch

Member Seen 3 yrs ago


5:00AM


Marie


The clock read 5:06AM as Marie slowly sat up in her bed. It was September the 4th; the day the new tenants arrived at the house. Her childhood house which held so many memories... some she'd gladly forget.
Pulling a shawl around her she rose from her bed, feeling her old age in her bones and winced as she straightened her back. Looking over at the clock once more, she sighed. For the past week she hadn't been able to sleep well, worrying about the house. Guilt plagued her chest but she quelled it; after all, she had needed the money and she was sure nothing bad would happen... nothing too bad.
Opening her curtains of her bungalow, she gazed out upon the quite street. Birds and the glow of sunrise on the horizon broke through the tranquil murkiness.
Biting down upon her worry and fear, she traced the white scar on her upper arm which she had received in that house years before. Her skin had never healed properly on the area, leaving a brash white area of scar tissue which stood out against her olive skin.
First rays of sunlight hit her weathered skin and a small tear slipped from the corner of her eye as the guilt she'd been pushing down since putting up the house for rent engulfed her chest. Letting out a stifled sob she retreated to her kitchen and began to prep her herbs for the day; pushing all thoughts of 34 Newton Road out of her mind.


5:50AM


The house was restless. Shadows traced the walls, creeping around corners and sat in doorways. Waiting and watching. The minuets ticked by into hours. Cold sunlight poured through the open windows, illuminating the interior with a soft yellow light. A light coverage of dust lay over the floors and worktops, in certain places tracks had been left in the dust and drawings as well as smaller tracks disrupted the worktops. The shadows could sense the presence of new arrivals and in the eerie silence as they waited with a form of hunger crawling at their insides.
A car pulled up outside, the slight screech of the tires abruptly stopping resonated throughout the house. Faces turned towards the front door, looked over the banister into the hall and started out of windows; all in anticipation for the new tenants.


Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by Dealdric
Raw
Avatar of Dealdric

Dealdric Essence of Purgatory

Member Seen 12 mos ago

@Beeve

"Humans...always being sad."

Dirka sat cross legged on a bed examining a ring she found in the wall. She could feel the sadness coming from her only friend. Her claws examined the metal with a sad but inquisitive look in her eye. Her antennae drooped low. She sighed. Then she heard the screech of a car. "Huh?"
She quickly hid the ring in the mattress and shifted through the walls to the old lady. She stuck her head through the floor out of the ceiling. "Did you hear the screech? The tenants are here!" she said with glee and dropped down next to the old woman. She saw the sadness. [color=92278f]"I don't see another way for you to keep the house, but I will try to assist and keep the others from going overkill if I can. And should the human welplings be any trouble, I'll keep them in line if necessary. Would that please you?"
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by BeautyoftheDark
Raw
Avatar of BeautyoftheDark

BeautyoftheDark Lady Midnight

Member Seen 7 days ago

"Keep them in line," Ravus said, his tone a low grumble, "humans love having their wills challenged." He cast a look about the space, the energies were a mix bag of anticipation, doused in excitement. What was the big deal? Nothing special happening, except now their space was about to get a major invasion. There went his quiet solitude.

He leaned back in the chair, swept his feet up and over the table, well, at least things would get a little interesting right? He flicked the end of the cigarette on the glass ash tray, cracked and dusted on the table.

Marie had a weight literally cloying around her shoulders. A dense fog of guilt and sadness that followed her motions like shadows. He wouldn't manipulate her essence, she didn't like it and he wasn't about to listen to her ramble on about boundaries again.

"Or, you could just kick 'em out." That was all he'd say on the matter. He rested the end of the cigarette between his lips and crossed his arms, what else was he to do? This was every damn day and night, blurring together into an endless stream. He "haunted" the kitchen, the central space was usually calm. Also, he fell into the routine of watching the old woman cook, mess with herbs, listen to her whenever she spoke up.

Maybe something slightly good could come from this, the humans were literally the only thing connected to the outside world. Getting that much from them, not a bad deal. He sighed. Blinked away the sight so his vision cleared of the subtle shades of auras. The humans would bring their own as well, that crazy amount of energy he wasn't about to endure.

The real question remained. Did he honestly care if they perceived him?

He didn't mind if the old lady did so... Why start now? However, he wasn't gonna welcome them either. If they didn't like it, tough shit.

@beeve


Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by Beeve
Raw
GM
Avatar of Beeve

Beeve Uncomfortable bee witch

Member Seen 3 yrs ago

Marie


Marie glanced over at Dirka, a soft smile on her lips at the demons kindness.
"Thank you sweetie, I'd appreciate that."
She gazed around at the dusty surroundings and then down to the limp feather duster in her hand, "I should have started this hours ago" she mumbled under her breath. Sighing she began dusting again, watching Ravus out of the corner of her eye as she did. She didn't bother responding to his earlier comments, he knew why she couldn't kick them out, he knew she needed the money. She also knew that he wouldn't like the new tenants; after all they were students, they were loud and he wasn't fond of loud, nevertheless she had faith that he wouldn't cause too much commotion. It wasn't him she was worried about.
As fast as she could she dusted around the kitchen, glancing at the herbs on the shelves, noting inwardly that they needed to be removed as soon as possible. Although she knew her last efforts of cleaning were basically pointless, she still carried on, trying with strained effort against the aches in her back to make the surrounding area look in some from presentable.


@BeautyoftheDark


1x Like Like
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by GreenGo
Raw
Avatar of GreenGo

GreenGo Prince of Mousethieves

Member Seen 2 yrs ago

Timothy-James Macburl stepped out of his car and looked around, hoping that nobody was around to notice the screeching tires and skid marks that he'd made attempting to escape his responsibilities. Walking around to the trunk he reflected on the night he’d had. What was supposed to be a basic meeting with Professor Stein had turned into an all-night discussion on the plausibility of King Arthur having been a Roman, followed by a last-minute packing frenzy, all fueled by Pizza and Coffee.

T.J. threw his duffel bags over his shoulder and surveyed his new house-share, taking a deep breath but making sure not to relax too much, he’d hate to collapse on the steps of his new place on the first day!

As he opened the gate and stepped onto the path T.J. felt something stir. He couldn’t define what had stirred, he couldn’t even really describe what it was he’d felt, but he had felt it. However, lacking anything in his surroundings looking out of the ordinary from what he could see, T.J. shook himself and looked at his watch, 6:30am, (a little early but that shouldn’t be too much of a problem) continued to the door and, somehow managing basic arm movement around the three duffels thrown over his shoulders, he knocked.
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by BeautyoftheDark
Raw
Avatar of BeautyoftheDark

BeautyoftheDark Lady Midnight

Member Seen 7 days ago

Droplets spotted the windshield. Freya winced when the wipers squeaked in protest. The sun was still shining despite the drizzle, a witch is getting married. At least, gran used to say. Shaking her head she parked the yellow buggie along the side of the house. In the trunk, she pulled out the luggage case and messenger. Well, this was it huh?

The house was perfectly adorable with plenty of traditional charm. She loved how close it was to campus too. Whilst approaching the house, she couldn't help marvel at the ivy arching up the sides, and the bevy of wildflowers and greenery claiming dominance throughout. Nature reclaiming its land, and yet it complimented the old house. She took the steps and hesitated, someone else was here. Another tenant.

"'Morning." She said, offered a small smile and then she checked her cell. Was she too early? She slipped the phone away and bit her lip. The air was chillier around here. She rubbed her arm, even with the field jacket, an odd chill seaped through. Or was it just her?
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by GreenGo
Raw
Avatar of GreenGo

GreenGo Prince of Mousethieves

Member Seen 2 yrs ago

After the knock T.J. noticed another car pull up behind his, a small, bright yellow bubble-y thing. The driver seemed awfully interested in the weather, which suddenly caused T.J. to notice it himself, a light drizzle had begun to wet his hair despite the sun warming the back of his neck. An omen of interest if the stories had anything to say about it, but they were just stories, right?

T.J. watched out of the corner of his eye as the young lady acquired her things and walked up towards the step next to him. He pretended to be fascinated by the landscape, the pattern on the door, and the ground so as to avoid an awkward confrontation. It wasn't until after she'd reached him that it even occurred to him to offer her assistance, oh well, her bags didn't look THAT heavy anyway.

"Morning, T.J. Macburl" he replied mustering all the energy he could in his rather dilapidated state, and sticking his hand out at the redheaded woman who had suddenly appeared at his side. Offering a return smile as he did so, T.J. looked her up and down, she didn't seem as if she'd be too much trouble to live with, though to be fair he supposed that looks could be deceiving.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by BeautyoftheDark
Raw
Avatar of BeautyoftheDark

BeautyoftheDark Lady Midnight

Member Seen 7 days ago

"Freya." She met him halfway and shook his hand. Then adjusted the strap over her shoulder. Was anyone home? She diverted her gaze to the door, "Um, have you been waiting long?" She hooked her thumb toward the door, maybe they were too early and the landlady was asleep? Should have called earlier .
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by Beeve
Raw
GM
Avatar of Beeve

Beeve Uncomfortable bee witch

Member Seen 3 yrs ago

Marie


Marie jumped at the knock on the door. Turning in a circle she decided to place her duster on the table. Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves and running a slightly shaking hand through her hair and gazed upon the kitchen once more; it was fairly clean from her frantic dusting but she open the back window to air out the room just in case. As she opened the window she noticed the drizzled that had began to fall, she watched as it caught the sunlight and as she did a genuine smile curled at her lips. Rain like this had always been magical to her.
Snapping out of her trance, she turned her attention to the hall, or rather, what lay after it. The front door.
Quickly she walked towards it, wishing she'd hovered the carpet in the hall as tiny dust clouds appeared where she stepped. Pausing a moment before she opened the latch, she spoke in a firm voice to no one in particular, "Right You lot! I know this isn't idea for some of you! But this is how its going to be from now on and you're just going to have to deal with it. No funny business now.". Taking another breath in to calm herself she opened the latch.
Outside in the dizzle she saw a young man and lady bringing up luggage to the front step; she forced a large smile into her face, hoping her eyes didn't show her real emotions. "WELCOME!WELCOME! Come inside out of the drizzle sweeties! Id help you with your bags but my back is acting up again, you see".
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by BeautyoftheDark
Raw
Avatar of BeautyoftheDark

BeautyoftheDark Lady Midnight

Member Seen 7 days ago

Living with humans just might be a helluva pain. But she needed the money. Ravus got that much. He snorted at her quip, what, did she think he'd screw up this thing she got going for her? Now, he couldn't speak for the others, what they did, was their problem. "We'll see." He flicked ashes on the tray, exhaled smoke into the airs. Wait 'till the humans getta load of this, what would their reactions be like? Too late to back out now.



Freya felt her cheeks burn at the sight of the landlady, no wonder she'd taken a while to reach the door. "Ah, no, it's OK. I got this."

She pulled the case by the handle and rolled it passed the threshold. The air in here tickled her nose, she ducked into her sleeve just as a sneeze came. She should've taken her allergy meds. Maybe the room would be clearer. She glanced back, left her luggage beside the couch, "Can I get some water?" She fished out the meds from the bag. She held her sleeved hand to her nose or she'd end up in a sneezing fit.

Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by Dealdric
Raw
Avatar of Dealdric

Dealdric Essence of Purgatory

Member Seen 12 mos ago

@BeautyoftheDark@Beeve

Dirka helped clean as much as she could, and started making tea but fast enough were no one would notice her. She let a few cups of it steep on the table. Then she watched through the window at the humans. I wonder which one will get my room she thought. Then she heard Marie's shout and the door open.
Dirka made herself scarce from the human eye then glared at the lounging demon. "Oh, come off your high-horse and quit being an arse. It's not good for you to aggravate Marie." She said kicking him out of the chair. "Now are you going to go hide and mope like usual or are you going to make my morning more bothersome?"
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by Beeve
Raw
GM
Avatar of Beeve

Beeve Uncomfortable bee witch

Member Seen 3 yrs ago

Marie


"Allergies?"Marie queried, her smile faltering for a second.She really hoped it was allergies to pollen and not dust; if it was dust then she'd be in deep trouble. Hopefully the amount of cleaning she'd done so far would be enough. If not she'd have to ask Dirka for help and open the back door and windows around the house.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by GreenGo
Raw
Avatar of GreenGo

GreenGo Prince of Mousethieves

Member Seen 2 yrs ago

"No, actually I had just pulled up when..." T.J. trailed off and put on a weak smile as the landlady opened the door and graciously welcomed them into the house. Stepping inside the large building with his bags over his shoulder, T.J. placed them down immediately inside. While the others conversed, T.J. looked the place up and down, it was well decorated, a bit old, and there was some dust doing its utmost to stay hidden from sight. Perfection. His eyes drifted and he could swear he heard something clinking around in the kitchen, but he could see nothing but a couple of tea cups on the table from where he stood.
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by BeautyoftheDark
Raw
Avatar of BeautyoftheDark

BeautyoftheDark Lady Midnight

Member Seen 7 days ago

"Contemplation and moping are two highly distinct things, Dir, don't confuse 'em." He caught her by the ankle and held firm before releasing. "They're gonna find out sooner or later anyways. So what's the point in this bullshit?" Hey, if she wanted to hide, he wasn't going to stop her. The humans had to deal with them, since they're the ones stuck here. Marie had no problem living here. So the rest would just have to follow her lead.



"A bit, but I'll be alright once these kick in." Freya held up the little packet of meds, "I'll be fine, really." It'd shoot her concentration to hell but no one had to know that.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by Prosaic
Raw
Avatar of Prosaic

Prosaic Local Ghost

Member Seen 29 days ago

Gregory O'Connor.


Living in a house surrounded by other people was the first mistake, moving there in the rain was only the second mistake. As soon as he heard it pattering on the roof of the car, he could feel his mood sinking. He wasn't always so sulky but he'd never been any good in social situations. The idea of talking to people had simply no appeal to him and it was making him feel overheated in his coat. The car bumped along as it approached the house, he could see it getting closer and closer and he could feel himself wanting more and more distance from it. It's a nice house, I guess but there's already two people here.

The car stopped at the curb, he didn't offer the Uber driver any smile or any word in parting. He did throw a vague wave in her direction though, shouldered his bag, and left her vehicle. The rain hit his cheeks as he trudged in through the gate, keeping his head down as if to protect it from the drops. He could hear the squeak of wet rubber from his sneakers almost immediately, it only served to sour his mood further. The boy was a cloud of gloom for the demon collective, a walking, talking, cloud of gloom.

He quietly maneuvered the steps, seeing his new roommates up close. A girl and a boy respectively.

He tried to offer them a smile, it was very tight lipped, it resembled a grimace. "Hey." he got out the word through his teeth somehow, it almost sounded welcoming. If welcoming sounded like someone who was in great pain.

He looked at the older lady, his gaze scanning over her. He was grateful for her offering up her house to them, he was bound to be courteous to her. "Thank you for the place to stay. I tried to pack light, I didn't want to clutter your home." actual words spoken in an actually kind tone, though they weren't accompanied by an actual kind face. He seemed to remain mostly impassive but he held up his duffle bag as if to prove that he'd packed light. Whatever was in the bag of mystery, it was assuredly light.

"Sorry I'm wet, I mean- You obviously know why I'm wet but I'm still sorry about it." He was an absolute wordsmith. He wanted to slam his head into the nearest wall but he'd refrain from making an idiot of himself until he was comfortable in his own room.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by mmarage
Raw
Avatar of mmarage

mmarage The Great Detective!

Member Seen 6 mos ago

I was sitting in silence in the back of the cab. I was looking at the few boxes that I had brought with me, the rest being in the trunk. Books, clothing, files, and a laptop. Basically my entire life. I always find it funny that I can easily pack up everything that I have gathered from these 21 years of life and be ready to move at a moment's notice. The cab slowly drew to a halt outside of the house.

I opened the door, taking a few boxes with me. "I-I'm sorry, but can you wait here for a little bit? I have a few more things to grab." I said to the cab driver, he just grunted. I knew that the meter would still be running, so I'd have to be quick about it. I walked through the wrought iron gate after a little bit of difficulty pushing it open, and walked towards the door, doing my best not to let the boxes fall out of my arms.

I saw that the door was open, I momentarily hesitated and then called out, "I'm coming in." I walked into the house and quickly set the boxes down next to the door. "S-Sorry, I-I'll be right back." I said, before rushing back outside.

I rushed from the cab and to the house with two more boxes, and then finally extracting a bike from the cab driver and putting my backpack on. I shut the trunk of the cab and walked to the passenger window and gave the cab driver his fee. I walked back to the house, leaving my bike outside. I'd ask about where I could store it later, but I made sure that it wouldn't be in anyone's way before walking back inside.

"S-Sorry." I said when I finally got inside. I looked at my boxes. "T-There's a basement room, correct? Er... if no one has any objections, I'll take it." I said, finally looking up at everyone.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by Dealdric
Raw
Avatar of Dealdric

Dealdric Essence of Purgatory

Member Seen 12 mos ago

@BeautyoftheDark@Prosaic@Beeve@GreenGo@mmarage

"Fine, but if you scare them half to death on their first day, I will make the rest of your time here our equevlent to our 'place of birth'! And don't call me DIR! It's DI!" and she kicked him one more time for good measure.

Di went back to tending to the tea she made. "One for me, one for Marie, a few for the tenants..." she said as she removed the teabags from the cups and gathered them in her left hand. She started walking to the trashcan when she stopped, realizing she would be seen through the doorway. "Shit!" she said stomping her foot. The stomp, however, could be heard by humans. "Oops..."
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by Beeve
Raw
GM
Avatar of Beeve

Beeve Uncomfortable bee witch

Member Seen 3 yrs ago

Marie


Marie nodded at Freya, I'm sorry about the dust then sweetie!I've been tidying all morning but the damned stuff doesn't want to move! .
Noticing the new arrival she turned to him, "Well hello there! And don't mind about all those formalities and yes I know why you're wet " she raised her hand to the dizzle and chuckled before beckoning him in with the others.
Marie started down the hall, taking over her shoulder as she spoke. She hoped she wasn't rambling, she rambled when she was anxious. OK GUYS! I'll put some tea on and you guys can sit down - OH can you also close that door behind you? I'm sure the others will be here soon but still! . Marie paused as she saw the tea but smiled she realised it was Di's doing butin her haste she didn't notice the 2 demons squabbling in the corner.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by Sewer Rat
Raw
Avatar of Sewer Rat

Sewer Rat Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

Member Seen 2 mos ago

D'yavol had been in the basement, listening to some classical music. It's sound was so loud it drowned out the noise outside. Though, one noise had alerted him.A car. He stood up from his belly down position, his face grew into a mischievous smile.

He floated up toward the other's, "Hello!" Volki said in a perky way," Humans! Oh how I just love humans! So predictable!" Then he heard the creaking of the door, and his face grew even more exited. Volki should have introduced himself to the new humans, but he had to play smart, he mine as well mess around with Marie. Floating over her, whispering to her so onoly she can hear, " Now where did you these A-Holes in this house, Mar-Mar? aiming to annoy her.
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by BeautyoftheDark
Raw
Avatar of BeautyoftheDark

BeautyoftheDark Lady Midnight

Member Seen 7 days ago

Was that right? He'd love to see her try. Dir, Di, made little difference. And who was scaring who? "You worry too much, D," He deflected her second attempt. Saw it coming. "Hell, between you and I, you're scarier." He chuckled then and dragged on the cigarette. Tea and normal drinks and not a single bottle of scotch or even bourbon around. Marie wasn't the type to go on alcohol runs. He could get a sucker to fetch him one. Now, who will it be?

He shook his head at Di's futile attempts, sneaking around just wasn't the demon way. "Just give in already, you know you want to." It was stupid to even try. Why she bothered was beyond him.



Freya pocketed the meds, she turned to their newest arrivals and offered a small wave. "Hey." She spoke up, her voice muffled behind the sleeve. Ah, the basement... Placement, rooms, what room was she getting? Well, Marie would give out the keys soon. She still had to get back online and.... Was there any WiFi here? She glanced at Marie, maybe she shouldn't ask that yet.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet