P r e m i s e
As you may have guessed, this is but a humble successor to Bluetommy's and Inkarnate's iterations of A Game of Thrones - Blood Runs Over Westeros. Many days, weeks, and months have passed since we've last seen a true Game of Thrones role-play here on the Guild, and to that end, I offer you a chance to reclaim those long lost glory days of old.
The year is 364 AC - The Wreckage of King Aerys IV's ship is found.
Long ago did Aegon Targaryen VI cross the Narrow Sea with the might of the Golden Company at his back, reclaiming his ancestral place atop the Iron Throne. The War of the Five Kings, raging all across the breadth of Westeros, finally came to an end in 302 AC, marking the glorious beginning of King Aegon VI's reign to come. Yet, even the greatest of Kings have their fair share of troubles to contend with, as the Gods are cruel and never ending in their machinations of man. Dark Wings, Dark Words, as the Night's Watch brings tidings from the distant North, for the King is dead, his ship's shattered hulk found upon the shores of Skane, while the fate of his mission to Braavos unknown.
Across the Summer Sea in Essos, Daenerys Targaryen returned to Meeren at the head of a mighty khalasar, hardened by the harrowing experiences of the Dothraki Sea. Westeros mattered not to this Queen, instead, she would form an Empire all her own. New Valyria - a free empire in which no man, woman, or child would ever again be a slave, all of Essos would have the chains of slavery and cruelty shattered once and for all. And for her enemy's, there would be no mercy... Meereen, Yunkai, Astapor, Tolos, Mantarys, Elyria, New Ghis, they all fell before Queen Daenerys and her dragons. Fire and Blood, her words of condemnation to the slavers and cruel masters of Slaver's Bay - now Dragon's Bay, as one by one, her foes fell before her like freshly sewn wheat. Now, decades later, after wars with Volantis and Qarth, the Free Cities and beyond, the children of Daenerys sharpen their blades and mount their dragons, readying for another war of conquest.
Sixty two years have passed since the end of the War of the Five Kings, and the supposed defeat of the ancient evil far to the North. In that time upon the shores of Westeros, many events, both great and small, have transpired, further shaping the course of time. It would be to the children of Aegon Targaryen VI and his lady wife, Shireen Baratheon, to leave their place upon the history's of Westeros.
- A note to House Arryn, Stark, and Baratheon players/Players choosing a House depicted in this family tree: Feel free to change names/relay names to me in order for this to better reflect in game lore.
Now, after rebellions, wars, religious uprisings, a plague, and the loss of a King, the realm is without a clear heir to the throne, though many will claim they have the greatest right to the seat. A Great Council is needed, before any more chaos can spread, who will hold the Iron Throne is unclear, but one thing is for certain for the soon-to-be future. Westeros will bleed.
I n f o r m a t i o n
Expected Release Date:
October 15th - November 5th
Advanced Section expectations; adjustable posting activity.
Several A Song of Ice & Fire sandbox RPs that have run on RPG in the last several years, and the great GM's that ran them in the past.
It's a public game, however, applications will be based on the merits of their quality.
Houses or Individual Characters.
Book Lore vs HBO Lore:
This world is primarily based on the novels written by George R.R. Martin, however, certain events depicted within the T.V. show will be grafted in to the overall lore and timeline of this RP. ((E.x. The destruction of the Great Sept of Baelor by Queen Cersei Lannister, the Sacking of Highgarden,)) When in doubt, refer to the books over the show when crafting your historical progress through the years.
Players have the autonomy - within reason of course - to decide their House's history and how it played into the conclusion of the War of the Five Kings that saw Aegon Targaryen VI crowned as King of Westeros. Furthermore, as more of the story is revealed in a more indepth OOC page, should enough interest come to fruition, players are more than welcome to participate in key events in history that lead to the games start.
- House Baratheon: Survived via the return of Edric Storm, who was legitimized at the behest of Queen Shireen Baratheon.
- House Arryn: Robert Arryn mysteriously died... thus Harrold the heir took his place, and married Sansa Stark. Littlefinger?
- House Stark: Good old Davos Seaworth brought Rickon back from Skagos, and King Stannis restored him to his rightful seat.
- House Tyrell: Willas survived the sacking of Highgarden, and your line of pretty flowers descends from him.
- House Lannister: Martyn, son of Kevan, is your source of golden haired fun.
- House Tully: Restored to Riverrun via King Aegon VI, Edmure and Roslin are your main bloodline.
- House Harlaw: Stannis burned Theon as a sacrifice, Asha was married off, and King Aegon named Harlaw the new Lord Reapers.
- House Martell: Arianne and all her womanly charms. You get to choose your paramour, and the rest.
- House Florent: They lost Brightwater Keep, them darn Tyrells. However, Queen Shireen granted them Tarth, as old Lord Selwyn left no heirs.
- House Targaryen in the North: What, what is this? Jon Snow (Jaeharys Targaryen) leaves the Night's Watch after being murdered, and subsequently resurrected by Melisandre. He goes on to marry Val, sister of Dalla, and by decree of King Aegon, rules over the Gift. ((He pays his taxes to the Night's Watch, rather than to the Iron Throne.))
- House Connington: Lands and wealth restored, along with being lords again. Thanks Aegon VI.
- House Redfrey: Emmon Frey and Genna Lannister, after losing Riverrun, take the lands of Castamere as their own. Rolph Spicer dies tragically fighting for Queen Cersei.
- House Frey of Darry: The bastard is never legitamized, with the lands of Darry now ruled by the children of Amerei Frey and Lyle Crakehall.
- House Frey of Rosby: Olyvar Frey takes the lands of his distant kin, having already been there as the late Lord Rosby's ward.
- House Frey of the Crossing: A localized civil war breaks out over the rule of the Crossing when old Lord Walder dies. However, outside help comes from the Vale, as the Waynwood Freys get family blood line support. They end up removing Black Walder Frey from power and his allies, turning them over for the King's Justice for their role in the Red Wedding. ((Walton Frey and Deana Hardyng bloodline rule now - Steffon, "Fair" Walda, and Bryan Frey.))
- House Hornwood: Restored via the bastard, Larence Snow being legitimized.
- Other Houses that are not extinct, but lost lands due to the war: Within reason, they are returned their ancestral lands.
War is bloody and brutal, and sometimes, certain Houses go extinct due to their black reputation. House Karstark ceases to be ((1. Replaced by House Thenn, and also because Stannis burned a whole bunch of Karstarks for his Red god. House Bolton is a goner, with both Roose and Ramsay dying on the field of battle, and Walda Frey giving birth to a daughter, furthermore, its lands are no more, having been divided among the neighboring lords. House Greyjoy is a goner too, replaced with House Codd ruling Pyke now. House Clegane is dead... etc. You get the point, a number of Houses went the way of the Hoares, nothing but ashes. Applying for these houses will not be options, not even some random bastard, copy. Most other houses are open for talking points due to the precedence of player autonomy.
Aegon VI did not take control of Westeros with some ink and a signature. Many a man and woman died in that war, fighting for their respective sides. Members of the Golden Company, Margaery Tyrell in the Sept "fire" along with other Tyrell's ((At the player's discretion)), Stannis Baratheon at the Wall, etc, etc. Basically, if a character doesn't make much sense living past their necessary footprints, they're probably dead. Discussions will be open, but remember convincing arguments are as good as Valyrian steel. ((Most folks are dead by now anyhow, due to the timeline.))
Discord Server for BROW Mk4