Hidden 2 yrs ago 2 yrs ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 0-24 hrs ago

Nylah





"I'm happy you're ok too, Miss Calra! Akala did send us, though truth be told I had been wanting to come by to offer help at some point before Enli told us about the situation here."

It was one of the things that made her happy, seeing her cute teacher alive and well enough given the circumstances. Yet at the same time, as the spider woman's cheery demeanor fell down some, the Mothraki listened intently to Calra's list. She was dedicating each piece to memory and thinking over what she'd been taught about them before giving a hearty nod in return, and doing her best internally to mull over the locations and imposing what each thing looked like on her mind in a rather deliberate manner. As best as she could do this, of course. She was an apprentice and a novice at that, and worried about being able to frankly get anything out there she wanted to put a rather serious effort into this. Anything to help get more herbs to bring back to help.

...and anything to frankly assist her mother's condition as well.

Even so, she did see what Calra meant when noting the Slug Mucus and Coral Moss would be not so easily found. Especially with the stories of what was happening to the fish on top of that. Was whatever was out there going to come so close to shore or onto the beaches though? She had no idea, though suspected it likely wouldn't. Either way those p[articular supplies were still necessary.

"Don't worry! We'll try to get as many of those as we can. I'll stop by our practice spots first, and see what we can find from there before nightfall. Hopefully it will be enough to tide things over until tomorrow, though in the meantime I wanted to drop off what herbs I have left in my pouch in case they could help in any way in the meantime."

Nylah would finish speaking before pulling up her satchel, removing what herbs she had left and putting them gingerly into her teacher's hands. It wasn't much of anything, but it was more than nothing at least. She hoped.

Still, with her compatriot seemingly pumped up to get started the Mothraki turned to her and nodded. The energy of this other girl was almost infectious in some manner of speaking, ultimately putting a small smile on Nylah's face in return despite the seriousness of the matter.

"We can look for the Kyr Reed and Wind Leaf most easily, and hopefully where I want to head first in the Forest. I'll describe them to you along the way, but we'll need to hurry if we want to make use of the remaining daylight!"

With that in mind, the twenty-one-year-old Mothraki motioned for the other girl to follow her as she moved back toward the front door. She did not want to seem overly hasty, but it was obvious she was a little anxious at least.

"We'll be back soon!"

And with that final call out to Calra, and hopefully Lissa following her, she would exit and begin making her way toward her first destinations in the Forest.

@Click This@Rune_Alchemist

Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
GM
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Absolute Depravity

Member Seen 0-24 hrs ago



A hunting we go
@Cu Chulainn@VitaVitaAR



Akando listened to each of their words carefully. The hunter glanced into the distance, nodding slowly until Seelay and Gideon finished speaking.

“Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from an Elf of Tamaln.” He’d reply, sounding a bit impressed. “Then we’ll go for the deer. If we happen to find a Pandillo along the way that’ll be a bonus.” He’d say, standing up from the tracks. “With some luck from the goddess…maybe we won’t have to deal with anything else.”

The trio would thus, head deeper into the forest. For expert trackers like Akando and Seelay, it was easy enough to find tracks and identify them. Foxes. Wolves. An occasional bird feather or track. It would be some time though, and they would be well and truly deep within the forest now. The trees blocked out a good bit of the sunlight, creating a somewhat cold, lonely and perhaps, somewhat eerie atmosphere that made it feel like they were being watched by something, somewhere.

Perhaps they were.

“Deer!” Akando would stop at the top of a hill that would slowly decline into a small clearing, kneeling to the ground with a quiet shout. At the bottom, one could see a grouping of about five deer gathered, grazing on the shrubs and grasses of the forest floor. “If we could each get one - that’ll feed us for about a week.”

It was difficult to tell from the distance, but Seelay’s elven eyes would be able to see two of the deer…had just the faintest streaks of blue in their fur.

“How do you two want to handle this? Me and Seelay have a bow…Gideon?” It didn’t seem like Akando had noticed either, but not far away from their position were more tracks - Wolves. Chances were, they were heading towards the same deer they were currently tracking.

Thankfully Sionna seemed to have returned to wherever it was she normally hid in Seelay’s pockets.






The Missing huntress
@ERode@Pyromania99



Vammy’s fireball would ignite the remaining ashes in the fireplace, coating the room in an immediate dull glow - though it oddly didn’t seem to immediately make the place any warmer. Vammy moved quietly into the kitchen, a thin layer of frost not even her flames could remove covered everything - but at least it did light the place up enough for her to see.

A table, a few countertops to prepare food. Some small wooden boxes that had been used to store berries and things from the forest had been completely frozen, only about half gone and mostly inedible. A few slabs of dried meat hunt on hooks, and what seemed to have been meat had been left on the counter. A knife was left embedded in it, as if whoever had been preparing it had left in a hurry. Her eyes would eventually be drawn towards the window, one of the wooden shutters hanging loosely while the other had been entirely ripped off, laying uselessly on the ground within the cabin. Had someone pulled them off from inside?



A small piece of cloth could be seen laying on the ground just outside. It was stained a dark red color. It was hard to tell exactly how long it had been laying there, but it looked like half of it had been buried under snow.

As for the Huntress, though…Atzi called for her atop her perch, but there was only the response of the cold wind. The snow covered roof held no secrets it seemed. A still few seconds passed as she’d stand atop -

Wait.

In the distance, to the north east, she could barely make it out. The loud howl of a wolf - coming from the northeast, deep within the forest. Could it be Tallen? But what was he doing so far out there? No doubt he was with Maira if they were safe, but it was odd for them to be so far out, especially that far and deep within the forest.

She’d hear a commotion from within Maira’s cabin.

”Behind us you dumbass!”

As Vammy had been investigating the kitchen area, the area cooled even further frost and ice covering the ground, a low growl coming from the living area. Out from Maira’s bedroom walked a creature - an almost ethereal, and blue ghostly creature that looked vaguely like a cat that was the size of a wolf. The top of its head was flat, covered in ridges near the edges, going down either side of its body until it reached its rear, where it would form into a single line down a long, sinuous looking tail with a sharp spike at the end.

It turned its eyeless gaze towards Vammy, the spines on its back growing taller as it hissed at her.

One of Azral Suralng Rimebeasts! A second one would slowly slink out of Maira’s bedroom, immediately making Vammy their target. The first would leap at her, ghostly claws aimed for her neck! The second inhaled, letting out a high pitched roar and sending a wave of frigid, frozen air towards Vammy.

”Tch, careful. Getting hit with any part of their attacks isn’t going to be good for us!”





An eight legged herbalist
@Click This@Crusader Lord



“Aw, thank you Nylah.” Calra giggled. “I’ll put these to good use…soon as I take a break. Ugh. I’ve been working my tarsus’ off…” As the two left, they’d see a group of hunters carrying in another person. Skin bitten with frost, but alive led by Soyala who would give them a curt nod as she’d head inside.

“Working hard, spider?”

“...ugh another one? Haa, put them on an empty bed…”

The exchange trailed off as the two would make their way towards the forest. While Kyr Reed was common along the Icewind river, Wind-Leaf tended to grow mostly in the southern regions of the forest, and Kyr Reed could be found along any small river usually as long as there was a current. Thankfully Nyla knew exactly where a small river was, a small branch of the Icewind not far into the forest where she could find a good bit of both.

With the sun finally rising well into the sky, the duo would finally make their way to a small brook, the water gently flowing from the mountains towards the river. The edges of it had frozen over, but thankfully the Reed was still growing - and a small collection of Wind-Leaf could be seen growing tall over the trees.

The only problem was, they were definitely not alone here.

Blue furred deer were eating the Reed.

Nylah would know at least, the Kyrnith’s deer seemed to enjoy eating the Reed. Running them off though, might prove difficult, especially if the Kyrnith took it as an act of aggression…but if she didn’t do something, they were going to eat all of it before she could get any.

Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by ERode
Raw
Avatar of ERode

ERode Odd One Out

Member Online


A howl.

Tallen, if fortuitous. Simply a wolf, if not. But Atzi leaned towards optimism more than pessimism, and possessing no talent in tracking, she was fine with heading northeast in search of the wolf and the huntress.

And yet, in the vacuum of noise that was the howl, there was another sound. Like the crystallizing of ice, crackling against a snow-drenched pond. The hiss of a beast, starved and ferocious, predatorial rather than threatening. A sound she recognized, and a sound drawn in the wake of the blizzards that levelled Dawn. A Rimebeast. A fucking Rimebeast!

Without hesitation, Atzi leapt off the roof, her feet sinking into the snowbanks before she grabbed the cabin’s doorway and practically pulled herself out. Snow coated her brown skin, melting instantly at the heat of her body, and she bulldozed through the space just in time to see two feline monsters ambushing Vammy.

“Duck!”

With two hands on her wooden club and a roar hurtling out of her lungs, the barbaric woman stepped right past her demonic companion and took a powerful, horizontal swing, aiming to smash the leaping beast right in the face and send it flying ceilingwards.

And as for the one that blasted out cold air?

Blast it, she could take it!
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

For a few moments, Seelay regarded the deer carefully. While it might have been difficult to tell from this distance for the others, she could discern clear streaks of blue in the fur of two of their number.

The wood elf nodded to herself wordlessly before whispering to her companions.

"Those deer," she began, gesturing to each of them in turn, "Are under the Kyrinth's protection. The remaining three are not. I can kill these two myself, as long as nothing breaks my line of sight."

Quietly, she indicated to the two ordinary deer nearest to one another. She was confident in her ability to lethally injure both of the animals before one could escape, which in her mind left only one of the three deer to the others.

As it should be. The more she had control over hunting, the better.

"The third of our number should focus on scaring off any predators who will be attracted by the commotion and the scent of blood. Wolves aren't inclined to approach us as prey, but they might try to steal from us."

Even as Seelay spoke, she was preparing to nock an arrow, awaiting the others to choose their roles and prepare

The moment they were ready and in position, she would loose two arrows aimed at piercing the deer she had selected through the heart or lungs.

@Rune_Alchemist@Cu Chulainn
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 0-24 hrs ago

Nylah





The Mothraki held a silent arm out in front of Lissa, unsure of the traveler was in any way familiar with the situation before them. The Kyrinth. She knew its deer liked the Kyr Reed, but to get the ire of the Kyrinth was not something she wished for either. Would not bode well for the situation if they couldn't even go into the forest for herbs. It would also be bad if the deer ate everything as well. A bad situation overall to be sure. The girl quietly swallowed the ball of nervousness that had begun to build up in her throat, before looking to Lissa and speaking quietly but well within being able to be heard by the latter.

"These are the deer of another Elder Beast who lives in these woods locally, the Kyrinth. If we harm those deer, it could spell a lot of trouble for most definitely more than just ourselves.

But if we could do something like scare them away or such perhaps...or maybe.."


Nylah unconsciously grimaced in some distaste as she said the 'or maybe' part, but internally she knew what it meant at the very least. Enthralling Dust. Basically coercing the deer or trying to frighten them with hallucinations. Safe to say it was perhaps a very valid tactic, but one she'd been discouraged from using all of her life thus far. She'd been informed about it, and knew how to go about using it, but her mother had been very particular about emphasizing the dangers of just outright using it...or even thoughts of abusing it for that matter. After all, people did not take well to the idea they might be being manipulated by another person like that.

Truth be told, she did not want to go with that option unless she really had to. The idea left a sour taste in her mouth, and she was not sure how the Kyrinth would react to it either for all she knew.

"...never mind."

Perhaps Lissa had an idea or two as well?

@Click This@Rune_Alchemist



Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Cu Chulainn
Raw
Avatar of Cu Chulainn

Cu Chulainn nuts

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Dawn
Wolf in Raam's Clothing


Seelay's insights, while both welcome and more assuring, were quite strange to Gideon. He never found wolves to taste particularly foul. Then again, he never really has an opinion on most of the things he eats. After all, a Raam needs to eat much more than a human of their size would require. Such biological needs have likely lead to Gideon abandoning his sense of taste for the sake of surviving with whatever he can eat.

But then again, this wasn't the right time to ponder about the tastes of certain meats.

The situation seemed pretty dire, all things considered. It wasn't exactly one Gideon hadn't found himself from before, although he also didn't have to factor his quarry potentially incurring the wrath of an Elder Beast. Still, of the three, it was clear what his role was in the situation at hand. While Seelay and Akando could likely get the three deer with their combined prowess, Gideon was better suited to scare the wolves off, or at least draw their ire away. Of all the foes he had faced in his travels, wolves were among the most numerous he had encountered.

"Understood. Good luck on the deer." Gideon responded as he made his way towards the wolves, scooping his hand downward to retrieve a handful of rocks. The trajectory, the force he needed to throw each rock, the place where each rock would land... all these were calculated by Gideon on the fly. A lethal shine could be seen from his eyes as he gazed upon the wolves, allowing the rocks held into his hand to fall between each of his fingers as he prepared to make his throw. And no sooner than this did Gideon finally released the rocks, once at a time, to their respective targets.

The wolf that Gideon had detected as the "alpha" of the pack would receive a flurry of harsh boops to its snout as a hail of rocks pelted its face.

As the leader of the pack would suffer a horrifying fate worse than death, Gideon would then leap a few paces in front of the pack, utilizing the weight of his steel body to create a sense of gravitas. Quickly, he extended his arms outward to his side to make himself look bigger than he really was before bellowing a fearsome roar, imitating that of a bear. He wasn't sure of their natural instincts inclined them to fear bears specifically as he wasn't quite sure whether or not they existed in this ecosystem. Still, it was quite scary how eerily close Gideon was to imitating the roar of a beast...
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Click This
Raw
Avatar of Click This

Click This Part-time Kaiserin

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Lissa


With Calra’s directions and Nylah’s help, they found their wanted Kyr Reed quickly enough. Unfortunately, they were being hogged by troublesome, if cute, blue-haired deer. Under normal circumstances, Lissa would have just run them off with some loud noises—no harm done. In fact, despite their unusual color, they could have made for a very tasty supper with the right seasonings and spices, and a hearty meal for some clearly ailing villagers.

Unfortunately –or fortunately—Nylah’s timely warning put a quick stop to Lissa’s culinary thoughts of a roasted venison dinner, even if she was sorely tempted.

“Kuh…” She couldn’t help but to stagger, as if wounded, by her words. “There goes dinner. Really, though! A second Elder Beast? You folks must live in some dangerous parts of the woods,” Lissa replied, shaking her head.

“Well… I don’t see why we can’t just scare them away? Or will that also anger this Kyrinth? At this rate, it looks like they’ll eat it all,” she muttered, giving a questioning look at the moth girl as she muttered her own words.

“Why don’t we just go up to them and start picking? They’ll just have to learn to share, and we just won’t touch them.”


If Nylah had no objections, she would do just that.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Pyromania99
Raw
Avatar of Pyromania99

Pyromania99 Double-edged Austerity

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

"Geez, Atzi has some damn iron lungs..." Vammy said, covering her ears as the woman had suggested. After the yelling was over, the demon removed her hands from her ears and gave a sigh. The place was seeming very odd, that was for sure. That damn huntress hadn't been home for a small bit, she was pretty sure. She was also pretty sure there was something here. Something to make it colder than outside, somehow. Then, the demon spoke to her, calling her... What? A dumbass! "Who's a dumbass, dumbass!" Vammy exclaimed as she turned around to some cat... ghost.. thing... Hissing at her. "Why didn't you say something earlier?" The demon sighed as another leaped right for her face.

"Duck!"

So she dropped down, one knee hitting the ground as her muscly ally swung her club at the creature. If she didn't know better, she'd almost think the woman was trying to get her! But, it was fine. She was a nice, kind and friendly demon. She wouldn't hold any grudges that would require her to seek retribution. Definitely not. But, that wasn't all. There was the other one that had aimed a blast of cold air at her. "Haa.." She returned her own blast of fire at the creature's attack, intercepting it. She wouldn't cause the place to go on fire since she could put out anything she started. Well, hopefully. Then, another blast at the creature that fired the shot. One she could shift direct minorly toward the creature if it dodged. "What the hell are these things?" Vammy asked, unconcerned about actually being attack. She seemed far to use to this, if Atzi would notice.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
GM
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Absolute Depravity

Member Seen 0-24 hrs ago



A hunting we go
@Cu Chulainn@VitaVitaAR



“Huh…you're far more observant than I thought.” Though, of course from this distance human eyes would have trouble seeing the telltale signs of blue within the coats of the deer. Akando shook his head, no doubt imagining what would have happened if he had been by himself and decided to track all the deer. “Alright. I’ll take the third. We’ll fire at the same time. Give less chance of them getting spooked…”

As Seelay set up, Akando would do much the same, grabbing an arrow from his bow and knocking it. Crouching low, near some bushes just to make sure he’d not be so easily seen as he’d pull back on the string, inhaling a breath to steady his hand. Assuming Seelay was ready not long after, with a nod the two would loose their arrows, sailing through the air.

Gideon meanwhile, would choose to engage the wolves that had been slowly slinking their way towards the deer. It wasn’t hard to find them, the beasts being mere meters from their prey, almost ready to pounce themselves…until a barrage of rocks would careen through the air, one of the wolves responded with a loud, whiny howl.

This of course, had a negative effect on the deer that were being hunted. The sudden loud howl of a wolf would cause all five to stand at attention, only to have two of the three arrows hit true, fatally injuring two while the third would respond with a startled leap just in time for the arrow to embed itself in its hind leg, stumbling just slightly as it would land and attempt to flee.

“Cruses…!” Akando shouted under his breath. “Follow it!”

The two deer belonging to the Kyrnith, responded much the same, bolting from the scene.

The wolves Gideon had intercepted numbered no more than three. The one that had become familiar with geology had fallen back, whining as it’d tuck its tail under its legs, cowering before Gideon while the other two would growl in return, backing off as the Raam made his best impression of a very, very, angry bear.

The wolves would then look between him, and the fleeing deer. The two uninjured would bolt away from them…and seemingly after the same direction the Kyrnith’s deer had run.






The Missing huntress
@ERode@Pyromania99



The sound of wood impacting ice. A harsh, cracking like the surface of a frozen lake as Atzi’s club found its mark, the Rimebeasts not having noticed her approach. The beast was knocked clean out of the air by the strong womans blow, sending it careening into the far wall with a similarly sounding crunch where it would fall onto the ground, just a bit dazed momentarily.

The blast of fire from Vammy though, seemed completely ineffective. The blast of frost tinged air ripped through the cabin’s interior, passing through the fireball as though it was a mere annoyance, the flames seemingly fizzingly out in mere seconds as most of it would slam into Atzi, chilling her entire body to the bone as a thin layer of frost would coat her skin, unnatural fatigue washing over her as the beast would follow it up with a leap of its own, aiming for Atzi seeming to believe she had been weakened enough.

The beast that had been flung across the room was struggling to stand. A few cracks had appeared in its spectral visage, a limp in one of its legs before howling again and leaping on one of the nearby counters, shards of ice forming from its mouth as it would lob sharp spikes of ice towards the pair.

”Annoying little creatures! They suck up any form of magic and feast on it. You’ll have to get deliciously physical to do any real damage!”





An eight legged herbalist
@Click This@Crusader Lord



A simple enough solution. The deer were rather peaceable most of the time, content to keep to themselves. Lissa approached, the deer paying her no mind aside from a curious glance as she’d head to gather the Kyr Reed. She’d end up with less than she’d have if they’d scared the deer off, but honestly, it could have gone a lot worse all things considered. Perhaps it was for the best not to potentially antagonize the deer.

As Lissa and Nylah would go around gathering the reeds, the Mothraki would notice something…odd, within the snow near where she was collecting them. A large footprint of some sort had been pressed into the snow - large enough for her to stand in, and about three inches deep. It seemed to be tipped with five claws. The tracks, led into the forest. That was odd. She couldn’t recall any animal that large or with that footprint ever being in the village - not that she’d be an expert…perhaps she should ask Akando when they returned.

Towards the end of their harvesting though, the deer would lift their heads, looking towards the forest…and promptly bolted away from the area. They would leave nothing behind but an eerie silence as the Raam and Mothraki were left alone. The cry of a deer from within the forest was heard. A panicked, frightened sound.

…it was probably nothing. They got what they came for.


Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by ERode
Raw
Avatar of ERode

ERode Odd One Out

Member Online


“Rimebeasts!” Atzi shouted back. “Azral Suralng’s spawn!”

As Vamessa’s bolts of flame fizzled out against the wave of incoming cold, Atzi drew her cloak out in front of her, the soft leather hardening as frost formed over the surface, the ambient cold seeping deep into her bones. Her head swam at the sudden sense of fatigue, the woman stumbling forward one step as her vision swam. Magic? Or just the natural effects of a sudden change in temperature. Whatever it was, it became a moment of weakness.

Weakness that was taken advantage of. Weakness that was temporary.

Her left hand snapped out, snatching the leaping beast by the throat. Fatigue was nothing she wasn’t accustomed to, and Atzi was even more accustomed to working past the fatigue, maintaining deathly focus through the long hours that her craft demanded. Immediately, she could feel her fingers stiffen, her blood retreating away from the terrible cold that coursed through the Rimebeast’s body, but what matter was that? It will break before she did.

With the entirety of her body weight behind it, Atzi slammed its skull into the floor, then set the saw-edge of her club against its neck and ripped at it, intent on beheading the Rimebeast in a singular stroke. And as for the ice spikes…well, what of it?

Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Click This
Raw
Avatar of Click This

Click This Part-time Kaiserin

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Lissa


Well, that worked easily enough.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as usual. After a bit of initial caution, Lissa joined the azure-furred deer in decimating the local Kyr Reed population, settling into an almost companionable silence with them as she crouched down to gather up the herbs after waving for her Mothraki companion to join her. Pulling out her trusty knife, careful to not startle the protected deer, she cut the reeds at their bases, taking care to bundle them neatly with spare twine as she placed them in sets in her bag for safe carriage back to the village.

Lissa had collected just about all there was to collect when her attention was brought back to the deer. Although she was focused on the harvesting, she had taken care to pay attention to the fauna in the corner of her eye in case they reacted poorly.

And react poorly they finally did, although she was fairly sure it wasn’t to herself or Nylah, judging by where they looked and where they ran off too. Lissa glanced back at her companion with a curious look.

“Hmm… predator? What’re the types you folks have around these parts?”


She asked her question with idle curiosity, one that became more focused when she heard the distinct cry of a deer in trouble. “Say, Nylah… Does this elder beast –the Kyrinth, was it?—take offense or react when the other wildlife harms those deer? That is, should we intervene?”

If the answer was a no, and the predator was a wolf or a pack of them, then Lissa would be reluctant to step in. On the other hand, if it was a bear, perhaps it could be manageable and give the village –and herself—a nice gift in the in form of some bear meat.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Pyromania99
Raw
Avatar of Pyromania99

Pyromania99 Double-edged Austerity

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Of course these things sucked up magic. Really, she was surprised that they didn't just melt to her fire. "Gah! Tell me that first next time! And what the shit is 'deliciously physical'?!" She had to exclaim aloud to the voice in her head. "Fine, I'll just rip it apart." The demon sighed as she looked up to see Atzi taking care of her own beast and then there were some ice spine firing at her from a counter top. The demon's hand burned warmly as she snap upward, dodging to the side and slapping the ice spines to the side if they looked like they were heading for Atzi.

Vammy then took a quick step over to the beast and slapped it down to the ground from it's spot on the counter top. Her hands alight, she pounced on it and took many good swipes at the beast, intent on ripping it apart with her bare hands. It didn't really bring her any joy or excitement. She had never interacting with these creatures before, but sometimes one was forced to resort such gross means in order to survive. And now, she needed to finish this thing off so she could walk over to Atzi and warm her up. She took a mighty cold blow to the chest and that could be dangerous for humans. She liked Atzi, for whatever that meant for a demon. It would be a shame to see her perish without being able to feel up her muscles, of course. Such were the thoughts of a demon, after all.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Cu Chulainn
Raw
Avatar of Cu Chulainn

Cu Chulainn nuts

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Dawn
Chasing Wolves


Logically speaking, the wolves killing the Kyrnith's deer would more than likely just be interpreted as an unfortunate circumstance rather than an insult, a case of nature taking its course. Still, there was also the chance that the wolves killing these deer may draw the ire of the Elder Beast of Howling Winds. Moreso, given the fickleness of these deific beings, the Kyrnith may even interpret the villagers allowing these deer to be slaughtered by the wolves as a grave insult. While this was normally something he would be fine with disputing, Gideon knew that Dawn could not handle another Elder Beast attack. Because of this, Gideon had moved quickly, easily understanding the gravity of their situation.

First off, he would swipe the edge of his spear's head to the one demotivated wolf's calf, ensuring it wouldn't encircle him from behind. The Raam would then run at an angle in a way where his spear wouldn't accidentally pierce one of the deer. With a calculated throw, he would release his spear, aiming to hit the farther wolf at its center of mass to ensure maximum accuracy. Finally, he would run up an inclined log, leaping towards the third wolf and using his sheer weight to steer his momentum closer to his target. Gideon had stretched his arms outward as he threw himself, his hands ready to grasp at his final target. If he wasn't able to completely land on the third wolf, Gideon would at least ensure he was able to grab it by its hind legs to stop it in its tracks.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 0-24 hrs ago

Nylah





...It was embarrassing how the newcomer was doing better than her, but the idea of angering another Elder Beast had made her freeze up a little. Just the thought of those howling winds and such outside before they'd been able to get out and see the aftermath, and the thoughts of what had been seen afterward had stuck her in place without much thinking. Even so, the Mothraki silently bit her lip and came over to assist when beckoned by Lissa.

That was right, they weren't doing anything to the Kyr Deer, just getting the reeds hopefully before they could eat them all. It made the work that much more of a relief as she gathered as much as she could stuff into her bag before she noticed the footprint underneath her feet. It made her take pause whilst standing in the middle of the thing. She was no expert in these woods, but it was not a good sign for what could be lurking around at least. Predators lurking around where prey, such as these deer, lurked. Yet as thoughts of talking to Akando about it rose up, the Kyr Deer seemed to go alert before bolting away from the area.

Then came the panicked deer sound from farther in.

“Hmm… predator? What’re the types you folks have around these parts?”

“Say, Nylah… Does this elder beast –the Kyrinth, was it?—take offense or react when the other wildlife harms those deer? That is, should we intervene?”
Lissa


"Akando and the other Hunters would be the ones to ask about predators in these parts. However, with all the damage the other Elder Beast brought through, I would not be surprised if any we had here naturally would be desperate for food....or maybe something of the other Elder Beast's children lingered behind as well."

She said the last part with a notable amount more wariness and slight dread, a chill running up her back and causing her to shudder a little in response. Even so, it was a very brief reaction as she kept as cool and calm a face as possible as she moved to control her own breathing to help her focus better. Just as her mother had taught her. Nerves existed, she just had to keep control over them as best as possible. Yes.

"I would not know if the Kyrinth is against other creatures targeting the deer, but I do not think it would be loathe with us if we assisted one. A predator would also be a source of more food for the village, perhaps provide a pelt or such for the injured under Miss Calra to be warmed with as well.

In truth, I would like to return to Miss Calra with the herbs for safety's sake. If we were injured, it would only worsen the situation. At the same time, however, if this predator is a desperate one then it might put more people in danger if there's too little food around here."


@Click This@Rune_Alchemist



Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

"Tch...!"

One of the deer had remained alive and able to move, and was already off and running. Seelay knew there was little choice but to catch it as quickly as possible. Not only was it best to end its suffering as swiftly as possible, but the spread of more blood would easily attract more predators.

The Cosain elf was off already, sprinting after the deer at top speed. But no matter how confident she was in her own ability, she was well aware that chasing the deer down on foot and catching it was unlikely.

And so there was only one course of action in mind.

Even as she ran, she was drawing another arrow from her quivering, smoothly knocking it. The angle was difficult, but if she kept this pace for long enough she would be able to hit it.

Seelay had the utmost confidence in that.

She raised her bow, judging distance and trajectory as quickly as she could. But to find the deer after it had been hit, especially if it didn't die instantly, would have been quite difficult.

And so she would ensure the body would be found, and any potential predators would be spooked by the sight.

Seelay felt magical energy run through her body, a tingling sensation through her arms as she began to prepare the arrow. A green glow spread across its surface, and then it flashed brightly, swirling emerald light surrounding the head and shaft.

"Oh, Fae Light, guide me!"

And so the arrow was loosed.

@Rune_Alchemist@Cu Chulainn
Hidden 2 yrs ago 2 yrs ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
GM
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Absolute Depravity

Member Seen 0-24 hrs ago



A hunting we go
@Cu Chulainn@VitaVitaAR



The wolf that had been rock blasted responded with a pained yelp, its calf sliced cleanly, sending it limping back to wherever the wolves den was as Gideon set off after the other two. The thrown spear whistled through the air, sailing at a near perfect angle as it would impale itself right in the second wolves body, ending its life near instantly. The leaping, went just a bit worse though. He sailed through the air about as well as a metal ingot, unable to land completely on it his hand would just barely grasp the wolves ankle.

The wolf, startled, would immediately howl and twist itself to face Gideon, its sharp teeth digging right into the Raam's neck - or at least it would have, had another Arrow not penetrated its skull mere inches from Gideons own face.

“...whew.” Akando let out a breath. “That was a stunt. If you weren’t a Raam, you’d probably have had your neck ripped out.” He’d say with a small bit of levity as he’d watch their Elvish companion do her thing.

Akando had let Seelay take care of the Deer, deeming himself being more of a detriment if he had tried to help. Expert precision would be loosed from her bow. The arrow sailed through the air, and seconds later, it was followed by the call of a deer, a pained call as their target would thus, fall to the ground.

“Ahaha, see! We’re the best!” It was of course, about time for a certain fey to show back up. “And some human doubted us!” She’d say, standing on top of Seelay’s head with a confident smirk and a laugh.

“I would never doubt one of the forest people.” Akando replied with a chuckle, helping Gideon get back to his feet. “Alright, we should get the deer and the two wolves and bring them back. Pelts could be-” Akando would cut himself off mid sentence.

A silence fell over the area.

A stillness.

The feeling of being watched from almost all directions.

From within the treeline, Seelay’s eyes would see it first, while Gideon’s foresight would indeed tell him…the Kyrnith was here.

“What’s the matter, huh? Fairy tongue-tie you?”

It was a deer, a large, tall one that was slowly approaching from deeper within the forest. Lanky legs with a slender body that when standing still together one could easily mistake for a tree or small shrub if one wasn’t looking closely. Its antlers easily as tall as the branches of the trees as it moved, though it seemed to have no problems moving.

It looked to the deer that had been killed, then to the hunters.

Akando visibly tensed, hands tightening on his weapon. Seemed he was preparing for the worst.

“...what is your business in the forest, children of Dawn?” An airy, distant voice, and as it spoke the wind too, did move slowly from it.






The Missing huntress
@ERode@Pyromania99



“Its when you beat something until they enjoy it.” The demon laughed in a taunting tone. “I can show you if you want, just lemme take a crack at these little beasties. Oh, and that thick slab of sexy woman in front of you, too. I’m sure we’d both like that. Come ooon, you don’t let me have any fun at all these days~”
The beast attacking Atzi hissed, growling shrilly as its throat was grabbed. Sharp claws dug into the muscular woman's arms, tearing her flesh. A small mercy was that no blood poured from the wounds, though that was merely because the wounds would freeze near-instantly, leaving a dull freezing ache upon Atzi’s skin as her blood would start freezing in the affected area.

But she would at least, be able to finish the beast off. The ethereal beast would be slammed to the floor with a crunch, its translucent flesh cracking like glass. It struggled more, though its dazed struggles barely amounted to much as the womans club would then come down upon its neck.

There was no blood, only the beast falling limp, its flesh cracked along where it had been cut, head severed.

Vammy would in turn seem to do as the demon had suggested and get ‘deliciously physical’ with the second Rimebeast. Hands alight with crimson flame, she’d deflect the shards of ice, breaking them into inconsequential shards as they’d miss their targets. As she ripped the beast from the counter she didn’t know it, but a smile would be plastered on her face as her hands would rip into the beast. Crimson flame bled from the beasts, the fire taking the form of claws at the ends of her fingertips as she tore into the beast that was now whimpering under her until it ceased, its chest cavity having been completely tore open, ribs and all burned and still bleeding fire just slightly.

Vammy might not have wanted to admit it, but she would feel some creeping sense of enjoyment from absolutely beating the shit out of this beast…well, perhaps she wasn’t, but considering her body was being shared, they might as well be her own at this point.

“See? Now wasn’t that fun. Come on, admit it, ripping out its guts was so veeeery, veeeery, enjoyable.” The demon chuckled in Vammy’s head as the bleeding flames would slowly dwindle, leaving only a burned corpse behind.

They had dealt with the beasts, and the area was probably safe now. Just left them to figure out what they were doing next. Atzi’s arm was properly bloodied, and it was definitely going to get frostbitten unless she could have a certain demon warm her up, but even then she’d likely need to bandage it.

From the kitchen’s doorway, a small trail of blood could be seen coming from what was Maira’s room…it seemed dried. It was probably nothing. The longer they took here, the longer Maira could potentially be in danger.

Poking her head into the room, Atzi would be greeted with both a disheartening and grizzly sight. Against the far wall next to a bed, was a frozen corpse. Much of its chest cavity had been eaten out - the Rimebeasts had apparently just been lazily snacking on it since they had gotten here it seemed...yet they were obviously not the cause of death. No, that was saved for an Arrow that had been shoved in the corpse skull.

The only blessing perhaps, is that it wasn't Maira. No, a quick look would show whoever it was, was male, and they were wearing clothing traditionally worn by the village hunters. The face was too frostbitten and the rest of the body was too mangled to make a clear identification, though.





An eight legged herbalist
@Click This@Crusader Lord



As the two came to the conclusion that should it be a predator, it wasn’t worth their life, the deer’s cries would be abruptly cut short. The wind in the area would similarly die down, a somber and somewhat eerie quiet falling over the river area, only the wind leaves above catching any hint of the cold wind.



After collecting the Wind Leaf, the two would begin the trek back to the village. Thankfully it would be just as an uneventful trip back as it had been there, at least for the initial trek. Once the pair had gotten some distance back towards the village, just on the treeline they would find something that was equally as welcoming as it was concerning.

A horned woman was bracing herself against a tree, dressed in foreign clothing. Unsteady on her feet, and one of her arms looked painfully twisted in an unnatural way, no doubt broken. There were several old wounds on her body that looked like they had both been bandaged and then re-bandaged later after reopening them.

It was a face, at least familiar to Nylah.

Haruno - an Oni that was Mie’s personal guard. The black, demonic mask would turn towards them.

“...You…are Nylah?” Haruno made an attempt to step towards them, but her feet failed her. Judging from the amount of blood on her own clothing and the small trail that was behind her, she had lost quite a bit, and it was clear she was not doing well. In fact, if she didn’t receive some form of immediate medical attention she might not even live long enough to make it back to the village.

Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 0-24 hrs ago

Nylah





The Mothraki darted forward as the Oni guard's feet failed her, her body moving without a second thought as she want about reaching out to grab Haruno and keep her from landing hard on the ground. She was familiar with the Oni's name, though considering she was Mie's personal guard and was so wounded it was a panicking sight to see. At the same time, however, it seemed to phase Nylah less than the deer cry had earlier. She seemed to go into near tunnel vision as she cradled the oni in her arms, slowly lowering her down to the ground and onto the Mothraki's own lap as the blood began to get all over Nylah's own attire and bag strap.

The girl's eyes raced over the Oni's wounds, trying to take a basic note of what was going on before she spoke to the latter.

"Haruno...yes, it's me. Nylah. Stay still, or I'll use magic to make you. You won't even make it another step without something being done right here and now," she said, her tone of voice oddly stern and unwilling to take argument despite the soft manner in which she had said it.

Her head then turned to Lissa, using a single freed hand to wave her over. Whether Lissa was already close to them by this point or not was off no consequence to the Mothraki. In fact, whevenver or if Lissa got close enough she'd speak out to the secret Raam without hesitation. A striking comparison to her earlier trepidation when it came to the potential predator, perhaps, though it was not the time to ponder such things in a deeper fashion (at least in Nylah's own mind).

"I know this is sudden, but I need you to be a second set of hands for me as I try to make something to stabilize Haruono. If we don't treat her immediately, she will not make the trip back to the village in any fashion."

Reaching into her bag, Nylah grabbed some amount of Kyr Reed and Wind Leaf, seeming to carefully consider the amounts, before digging for her mixing tools. She would lay them out as quickly but safely as she could, her eyes racing from the supplies and tools back to the injured oni girl and vice versa. She then looked back to Lissa once more. A light shake seemed to run through her hands as she knelt on the cold snow and other debris of the forest floor, perhaps even a tremble running down her spine for a moment, though whether it was all from the cold or some kind of nerves or both was not entirely clear.

"I am going to prepare some Kyr Reed to staunch the bleeding, and I need you to help apply pressure to some of the worst of these wounds until I get it ready. It will help slow her bleeding a little until I get this ready.

Then once I am done we will both need to apply the Kyr Reed to her wounds as quickly as we can before she bleeds out. Also try to keep as much of her off of the cold ground as you can."


Nylah didn't wait for a response, even though it was a lot to ask on the fly, immediately going for her Kyr Reed and tools to work it for basic use. Something simple to help stop the bleeding. The basics. Yes. One of the first thing's she'd learned so far underneath Miss Calra tutelage in this area of things. The Mothraki also seemed to more naturally go into a sort of controlled breathing state, in and out and in and out, as she would go about preparing the Kyr Reed.

She just hoped that they could stabilize her, at least enough to make some solid pane of light using her magic to float the oni over to the village. She'd carry her on her back if she had to beyond that. Yet the Wind Leaf she'd taken out was in case...er...well they'd come to that if she needed to make something else to help keep Haruno alive for the trip. For now, though, stabilizing the bleeding and trying to keep her somewhat more warm with physical contact was the imperative. Especially the former.

@Rune_Alchemist@Click This





Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by ERode
Raw
Avatar of ERode

ERode Odd One Out

Member Online


Rising from the wreckage that had becometh the Rimebeast’s body, Atzi clenched her left arm tightly, the effort cracking open the ice that had formed over her wounds and forcing hot blood to thaw the chill within. It hurt, yes, but the pain burned rather than froze, and she turned a gaze too to witness what carnage the demon-possessed elf had wrought upon her own foe.

Well, it was a good thing Vammy was friendly.

Drawing her arm over to the fire to let the heat chase away what fatigue remained from fighting such frigid beasts, the dark-skinned woman pulled up the hem of her shirt, lifting it up to expose her midriff before holding it in place with her teeth. She looped her club back into her belt and then drew out her knife, slicing into the cloth and ripping strips out of it. The bandages weren’t anything amazing, but it’d staunch the flow long enough for her to find Maira and return to the village. Her cloak too had thawed out during this, and she draped it over her shoulders once more, noticing only a bit of dampness on the furred outside. And as for the trail of blood…

Without hesitation, she shouldered her way in and stopped at the threshold. A mangled, half-eaten body, frostbitten and with an arrow through the face. But not Maira, at least not based off the frame. Which hunters were still missing? Which hunters were dead? Was this a mercy kill, or the sacrifice made to escape from two Rimebeasts? Or was it all something else?

Atzi bowed her head forward, lips parting for a silent prayer, then turned her back towards Vammy, kneeling down slightly and slapping the back of her shoulder.

“Hop on. Heard Tallen from the north east.”

There will be time to retrieve the corpse later. Time to apologize for the wreck that the cabin now was. There was no time left to spare though, if her friend was freezing to death out in the woods.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Cu Chulainn
Raw
Avatar of Cu Chulainn

Cu Chulainn nuts

Member Seen 1 mo ago

Dead
Probably time to reroll tbh


Gideon accepted the help from Akando graciously, clenching his neck tightly as he had stood up. Gideon wouldn't affirm or deny Akando's assessment, especially given that from what Gideon knows, the wolf would've likely ripped his neck right out regardless. After all, it would've likely gone for the parts that weren't steel. Still, it wasn't like Gideon didn't have a plan should the wolf try for his neck regardless. After all, he had spent quite a bit hunting wolves in his travels. His arms were already near his neck. All he needed to do was grasp at its jaws and rip...

Postulating about his chances of wrestling with a wolf had to wait, however, as Gideon felt a chill down his spine. It was a chill far colder than the blizzard he had survived through just moments before. A bitter cold that almost froze Gideon to his bones. His senses of danger suddenly surged, the blessing within him ringing in his ear. It's as if the Forgefather himself screamed to his Raam child that he was in grave danger. The sage nearly winced at the piercing headache he had received. No sooner than that, the source of this danger made its presence known, and Gideon could not help but quiver at its appearance.

The Kyrnith stood before them.

Luckily for the trio, it seems the Kyrnith was not offended quite yet. It instead posited a simple question to the group, merely asking what they are doing in its forests. Gideon was quick to compose himself, thinking of a measured response to this Elder Beast. He bowed his head slightly, although he did his best not to show too much reverence. He was not sure just how the Kyrnith would take to such conduct, so the best course of action was to go for a middle ground. After all, he did not want to appear subservient to the fickle Elder Beast.

"The village of Dawn has suffered the brunt of the Rime Frost's march. Our supplies have been heavily diminished. We simply seek meat and furs." Gideon began, gazing upon the wolves he had slain. "We wish not to disturb you and your kin. We've even made sure to stop the wolves from seizing the opportunity our hunt opened and going after your children. We have made sure that your deer will not be harmed as a consequence of our hunts, and will continue to do so. All Dawn asks is for an accord, at least so we can recover our losses."
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Pyromania99
Raw
Avatar of Pyromania99

Pyromania99 Double-edged Austerity

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Vammy frowned after she had calmed her disembowlment of the Rimebeast. And then a sigh. "Enjoy it? I dunno. Might be better than that time with the deer. It took forever to get those stains out and I didn't have anything to clean up with easily." The demon elf mentioned as she looked at her hands. Not blood, luckily. It was just kinda annoying really. It got all over her clothes and she liked to have her mostly nice, neat and tidy clothes. Well, what little clothes there were. She turned to Atzi while still looking at her hands and making sure there was no blood on them.

"Oh, right. You took some cold hits didn't you, Muscle Gal?" The demon walked over to the bigger human and looked to the spots that were rather cold. "Let us head out, but first lemme just do this and that." The demon unabashedly touched the spots where she was cold and poured some warmth through her hands. "It's best you don't die before we find that bi--." She cleared her throat and then continued. "That... Bow... Woman... Hunter, right. Anyway, if you die, I'll get blamed by that damned priest and I sure as hell don't care about that chicky out there, where ever she is." After she was confident that there was no chance of frostbite, she allowed herself to be manhandled by the muscular woman again.
↑ Top
© 2007-2024
BBCode Cheatsheet