This is a moderate event
and as such can accommodate three or four players at most. The content of the event is directly tied into the ongoing NYC gang war as well as the superhuman arms race in general. As such, the outcomes of this event will have a noticeable impact on future events.
As a mini-event, you as the players are in direct control of how it is resolved. I as the GM have set up the plot, but I leave the rest to you. While I am happy to answer any clarifying questions in the OOC, I will not be contributing to the event in the IC until it is completed. All NPCs are jointly controlled by the responding players.
The parties involved are:
- Antonio Rodriguez AKA Armadillo - an up until this point unknown superhuman who has been genetically modified. He is employed by Roxxon Energy Corporation to see to the safe transport of their illegal weaponry out of the city.
- The Big Man's assault team made of various gangbangers and thugs, led by mercenary Mortimer Norris, and wielding an impressive array of firearms and some minor high-tech gadgets. They are, including Mort, a total of fourteen men strong after the untimely death of one member.
- Various civilians on the surrounding NYC streets.
To be considered safely resolved, the following must be achieved:
- The safety of all innocent civilians in the area.
The following are additional, secondary goals that can be achieved:
- Prevent more loss of life for the assault team.
- Defeat Armadillo.
- Apprehend some or all of the assault team.
- Secure the (currently still hidden) advanced weaponry inside the tanker's drum.
A reminder that not all goals need to be achieved. In fact, the responding players can choose to fail any or all of the above, including the primary goal. Failure to resolve, such as writing the death of civilians and/or the escape of the criminals, is entirely within your power and choice, and will equally be considered an end to the event. All outcomes are valid, positive or negative, or a mix in between. I will take whatever outcomes of the event occur and make note of them for the future.
I recommend using the OOC to coordinate with other responding players. Please use your best judgment in choosing whether to participate based on your characters' locations and current predicaments.
Most importantly, have fun!