: Torok VencorNicknames/Alias
: “Sleeper” or “Rook”Age:
: Russian, with some Norwegian heritage.Hometown:
outskirts of MoscowDate of Birth:
11th of JulyAppearance:
Torok tends to wear loose fitting clothing with natural colors, mostly brown, tan, or green colors. He does have a bit of facial hair already even with his age and has green eyes that go surprisingly well with his blonde hair.Height:
IvoryWeapon of Choice
: He does wield a spear as a melee weapon with two large knives for back up, and favors dual heavy caliber pistols for mid-range engagements.Magic
: This one is a strange case, being a legacy; one would expect him to be well versed in magic. Well not this one, he is what you would call a late bloomer. Not only that, but even though he is a Ivory his magic is not the type normally associated with his family. However, once his magic does manifest he will find the ability to wield and manipulate light. To the eventual degree of being able to bend light around objects and living things making them invisible, being able to form solid objects from light, and possibly being able to purify the corruption of demons. Although, that last one will take a while to get too.Strengths:
- Composure - Keeping a cool head in engagements and stressful situations.
- Close quarters combat – he has received a lot of combat training due to having no magic manifestations yet.
- Optimistic – always seeing the bright side of things.
- Courageous – you can count on him to step up to any challenge regardless of his handicap.Weaknesses:
- No magic – so far he hasn’t had a magic manifestation. He has had some rudimentary magic training but that’s it.
- Big – he’s a big guy and doesn’t always fit in the smallest places. He also tends to be a little slower than others are.
- Range – his training doesn’t account for long range combat and unfortunately he’s not very good at dealing with anything from a distance.
- Selfless – he doesn’t tend to consider his own needs or safety when it comes to the needs or safety of others.Fears:
- Never manifesting his magic.
- Losing someone, he was meant to protect.
- Letting down his family by becoming a lesser reaper because of having no magic.
- A cage.Personality:
Torok is what some would call loud and boisterous. Because of his upbringing, his family revel in good times, laughs, storytelling, and just having a good time at any opportunity. There is so much death and destruction in the world and their jobs mean that they could be killed at any moment. Because of this, he tries to live every moment of it, making people laugh and feel comfortable and safe, getting to know others and making friends, always trying to make others smile through jokes and gifts. Being selfless with his time, energy, and finances.
This does not mean he is innocent or arrogant as to the line of work he has chosen or the world around him. No. he knows how cruel this world is and it could always use a little more light. To some this can come off as annoying or that he is ignorant of the world around them and which they live. Not many others have the attitude and out look to see the world around them as he does. He will always be there to see others succeed and lift them up and out of the gloom, which surrounds them.Likes:
- Good food
- Good friendsDislikes:
- Seeing others sad
- Not being able to work with magic
- Not being able to help
- Others who just want to bring people downBackstory:
Torok was born to a family centered closely to the leadership of the Ivory. His father, Darrius Vencor, is a reaper and strong leader. He heads specialized strike teams aimed at taking on demons were collateral damage has to be low. His mother, Valerie Vencor, was a reaper in her younger years but now manages most of the communications, requests, and sightings that come with being a reaper and talking with the other houses. She is very good at multi-tasking.
He is the youngest of four brothers and five sisters, all of whom have reached high positions within their house. So far, he has only lost one sister while she was working. Even though his magic still hasn’t manifested, even while being a legacy, his family don’t look down on him or treat him differently. The worst they have done is tease him with the name ‘sleeper’ because he’s a late bloomer. His upbringing was just a little more combat orientated because of it.
He has spent most of his days doing just that, whenever he wasn’t going through school to learn the basics of this world, he was training. He knows his upbringing wasn’t as tough or hard as others but he doesn’t want to flaunt it either. He chose to keep working towards this job to protect and help. what kind of person could he except to be if he didn’t at least try even if he didn’t have any magic.Hobbies/Interests:
He likes to sing when he is bored and can’t meditate. Often one can find him meditating when he has nothing better to do. Finding or making gifts for the people around him, normally jewelry or trinkets.Other:
if he had a theme song it would probably be, “Matter of time” by Tribe.