Hidden 13 days ago 6 days ago
Zeroth Post
Raw
Zeroth
Luthias, our "lovely" home.

The city of Luthias is flourishing city-state next to the great ocean. This is a melting pot where people from all corners of the world come to trade goods and Ideas. It houses many riches, both in knowledge and in gold. But Riches tend to attract attention. Both in form of honest workers and not so honest workers.

Places of interest

A bag of weasels.
This is our home. Or atleast our base of operations. We’ve “persuaded” the owner to let us run our business in his basement. It’s run down tavern in the middle of the slums. It smells horribly and it can be pretty hard to sleep at night but we get our drinks for free.

The slums.

Home to the blackmarket, dirty brothels and rowdy taverns. This is where most shady business takes place. If you wander into here, make sure to keep one hand on your purse and the other on your sword. And if you aren’t looking to punch in some fools you should probably stay out of the alleys.

The market district.

The market district is where most commerce takes place. It is home to many of Luthia’s middle class citizens and a pickpocket's dream. A large plaza filled with market stalls is the most prominent feature of the district. Around the plaza are many narrow alleys with shops on either side and apartments on the floors above them.

The waterfront.

This is Where goods come in and where goods go out. Not many people live here but a large portion of the city work here. As sailors, fishermen, merchants and labourers. Some opportunistic thieves might try stealing the valuables right off the ship before they’ve reached a store. And if you’re feeling particularly daring you might even try your hand at some good old fashioned hijacking.

The noble's district.

The noble's district is, as the name implies, home to the nobles, the aristocrats and the wealthy merchants of Luthia. They live in overabundance in luxurious villas with beautiful gardens. These are prime targets for burglars although security is usually very tight. Just getting into the noble's district can be hard.

The grand duke's palace.
This magnificent palace is home to the grand duke of Luthias. It's probably the juiciest target in the whole city. It is a massive citadel made out of solid marble and stone. No one knows what riches are hidden inside. But you'd have to be some kind of magician to get in. Elite guards are posted everywhere, eceryday. But a thief can always dream.

Location:Annie's Tavern

Hidden 6 days ago 6 days ago Post by KatherinWinter
Raw
GM
Avatar of KatherinWinter

KatherinWinter Frustrated GM

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Location:The slums. North
Interacting with:@FalkiThomas, @HumanMusic, @SantosGabriel77
The slums weren't the best part of town. People in this time had little to nothing. This part of the city was very run down. Most of the buildings were made of whatever the residents could find or steal. The good thing about this area was there was lots of places to hide and people tended to mind there own business.

Location:The market district. South
Interacting with:@Simple Unicycle, @Raptra, @bloonewb-
The market district was the busiest parts of town. This was where most of the business were located. All kinds of business. Almost anything you could want could be found here. The people here are nosey. They want to know what everyone is up to.

Location:The waterfront. East
Interacting with:@FalkiThomas, @HumanMusic, @SantosGabriel77

The waterfront is a very popular place. This is where most of the trading happens. The docks are always full of sailors. Ships come in almost everyday. The people here have lots of information if you are willing to pay for it. They will mind their own business for the most part unless they thought they might benefit in some way.

The noble's district. West
Interacting with:@KahleenCuthald, @King Tai, @ineffable

The Nobel district is where the upper class live. Most of these houses in this area are very grand. The people in this area don't have to work so they have nothing to do but be in other people's business. They judge everyone they see. They control most of the other districts.

Location: Annie's tavern
Interacting with:@DriveEMOut & @Raccoon Eyes
Annie's tavern was located near the city. It was a popular place. People from all over the city came. Some came for the food. Some come for the ale. Most came to hear the last need. It was a place where you could found out just about anything that was happening in the city.
1x Like Like
Hidden 3 days ago Post by KatherinWinter
Raw
GM
Avatar of KatherinWinter

KatherinWinter Frustrated GM

Member Seen 5 hrs ago


@LadyinInk, @KatherinWinter, @FreeElk, @Simple Unicycle, @Raptra, @bloonewb, @KahleenCuthald, @King Tai, @ineffable, @FalkiThomas, @HumanMusic, @SantosGabriel77, @DriveEMOut, @Raccoon Eyes
Roxy never considered herself a leader. She wasn't even a people person. So if anyone had told her that she would be responsible for organizing a group of any sort she would have laughed at them. As much as she hated it there were benefits to working with a group. Like being able to plan a huge heist. She wasn't one who cared about money but many of the others in the group were very interested in money.

She walked into Annie's bar with the confidence of someone who knew could handle themselves in almost any situation. She might be barely five feet tall but she was was a trained assassin. Despite her small size it wasn't easy for anyone to get the upper hand in a confrontation. Not that she sought them out. She didn't like random violence. She only killed those she deemed deserved to be killed. She made her way through the traven. She stuck to the shadows so that she drew as little attention as she could as she made her way downstairs where she planned to meet the others.
Hidden 2 days ago Post by HumanMusic
Raw
Avatar of HumanMusic

HumanMusic Your favourite kind of music

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

@KatherinWinter
Thom sat alone in the corner of the basement, apple in hand, he was asleep. After a sudden noise, steps, he woke, almost dropping his apple he stood and greeted the woman named Roxy. "Uh, hey-y...", not his best introduction but it was enough, "I'm Thom, yeah, you must be... Roxy?". To add to the awkwardness of the situation Thom tried to take a bite out of his apple, he ended up hitting himself in between the eyes.
Hidden 2 days ago 2 days ago Post by Raccoon Eyes
Raw
Avatar of Raccoon Eyes

Raccoon Eyes

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Ashoka walked stood on the top level of the bar throwing darts into a haggard old cork board in the wall. She knew where she was supposed to go to meet everyone else but fancied a bit of fun first. Her short blue hair was tousled and her appearance was that of most others in this area, trouble. Despite her noble blood she was anything but that.

Her foot tapped against the floor and her rhythmic humming filled the air around her. Ashoka often would make entertainment for herself if there was none on hand. Though she appeared distracted she took careful note of everyone that entered and exited.
Hidden 2 days ago 1 day ago Post by SantosGabriel77
Raw
Avatar of SantosGabriel77

SantosGabriel77 NCR Ranger has cool armor

Member Online

Tristan did not notice Roxy but is rather too busy swapping rumors with the barkeeper. The inn was filled with patrons. A drunk patron was beating up a wall and others are drinking. Tristan saw the inn to be a little disorganized and chose to go to the basement.

"Gotta go now.." Tristan would grab a drink before going down to the basement to drink peacefully but after going down he saw Roxy and Thom

"Oh i see you two are here." Tristan sat on a crate and drank his drink while staring at the entrance to the basement.

@HumanMusic @KatherinWinter
Hidden 2 days ago 2 days ago Post by bloonewb
Raw
Avatar of bloonewb

bloonewb lv 20 wizard

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

@FreeElk

"Thanking of you for letting you of use me your inn," Shi stuttered, tripping over some of the words. He has yet to master this language of this foreign land, far from home. "I of wishing there was to pay you back. Unfortunate, business is slow. Too many of guarding, no money to take. If I am to returnings your generosity, I must have good team." He slumped in his barstool, waiting for Annie's response. She had taken him off the street, out from wallowing in his dishonor, and allowed him to use his skills to best effect in this city he didn't understand. He owed everything to her, and was thankful to all the deities that may exist that he had such a friend. She even took time out of her day to teach him the common local language. "Money becoming very little. I cannot make payment to many guard anymore, or give many loan. If you having business I may assist, I would be grateful to my death."
Hidden 2 days ago Post by DriveEMOut
Raw
Avatar of DriveEMOut

DriveEMOut The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Member Online

Reeve Thybaut sat hunched over his chemicals journal, muttering to himself. He was close to a breakthrough on a guaranteed safe container to carry the acid he used to burn through most metals, but Reeve was having some serious trouble with brainstorming ideas to refine the material he planned on using into a container like safe. A bucket would work, but it wouldn't be safe without a lid, which was where the trouble came in. He vaguely noticed someone enter the basement, but ignored it.
@KatherinWinter@HumanMusic
Hidden 2 days ago Post by FreeElk
Raw
Avatar of FreeElk

FreeElk

Member Online

Annie bustled around, collecting emptied tankards and chatting with her customers.

"Now now Tiny, talk like that is just going to cause trouble." She said, laying a hand on the shoulder of one of her patrons, a huge man glowering at his opponent. "How about you boys talk about it proper? Don't want you causing trouble for Annie, eh?" She said with a motherly smile, patting the giant on the shoulder. A civil tone had merged back into their conversation by the time Annie made it back to the bar.

Annie was cleaning tankards and watching people entering the bar, calling out to those she recognised...or at least those that didn't mind the attention. She recognised some of those who entered as members of the guild, slipping in for the meeting downstairs. Others she didn't notice enter but knew their punctuality meant they had passed without her notice.

@bloonewb
Shi pulled himself up onto the barstool in front. She liked the little man, where others shunned the dwarf Annie saw past to the brilliant mind which lay inside.

"You're very welcome dear." She said with a smile, remembering the first time she had to explain dear as an endearment, rather than an animal. "I might just know of a group..." She said, cautiously - did she want to expose Shi to the group? He would handle it okay, they were all nice really, deep inside...some deeper than others. After a few moments she put down her towel and tankard, asking her husband to watch the bar, and guided Shi down to the basement.
Hidden 1 day ago Post by Raptra
Raw
Avatar of Raptra

Raptra

Member Seen 11 hrs ago

The teenager swiftly made his way through the city past the bustling crowds, alert to the possibility that anyone might be following him. Having been out at sea for most of his life, the city streets had taken some getting used to, though, it did not take long for Kai to learn how to find his way around Luthias, where he had found himself after the mishap that wiped out the crew he had been travelling with. It was not the time to dwell on that, however, for he had his new 'family' to return to. The young woman he had come to know as Roxy, or the 'Black Widow' had called a meeting to discuss something important.

The tavern owned by an older woman named Annie soon came into view. The basement that Kai had been calling home for the past few days was just under this place, but he knew better than to enter the tavern to get to it. The last thing he needed was questions from nosy grown-ups wondering what business a 'boy' had at a drinking establishment. Instead, he went round the back, where a small trapdoor offered another entrance to the basement. Glancing around to ensure that there were no witnesses nearby, he then lifted the trapdoor and slid in, quietly closing it above him.

Kai scrambled down a few rungs before hopping right off the ladder, sighing in relief. He was slightly puzzled at a few new faces, but assumed that everything would soon be explained by Roxy, whom he spotted and greeted upon his arrival.

"The Urchin has reported to base, Capt- uh, Ma'am!"

With that, he proceeded to take a seat in a corner while waiting for the group to be addressed.

@KatherinWinter @HumanMusic @SantosGabriel77 @bloonewb @DriveEMOut @FreeElk
Hidden 1 day ago Post by LadyinInk
Raw
Avatar of LadyinInk

LadyinInk Drink Slinger

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Nadya waltzed into the bar, the free spirit was always wearing a smile. As she walked in barefoot, the Gypsy girl placed her hands on her hips looking for any sign of anyone. Then saw Annie heading to the basement, oh - so everyone is down there already? She quickly followed behind the two in suite, not recognizing the man Annie was leading. "Mama Annie how are we today," The wandering soul finally exclaimed - she adored Annie. Like the mother Nadya never had. Well, she had one, they just weren't very close at all. And quiet frankly she had no clue if she was even alive.

Following them down the stairs, Nadya made her way over to a little nook in the wall that she had claimed as her own a long time ago. It had a candle, and some sage she burned occasionally - it annoyed a few others in the group when the girl did this. Many not liking the smell. The little nook had blankets, and a very small chest located underneath that just held some different clothes and jewelry for the girl. Her real stash not located in this building, though she loved the members of her team - she didn't trust them. As she sat down in her nook, and curled up she looked over to everyone "The streets are sooo busy today, it'd be a great day to go dance and if someone wants to pickpocket?" She leaned down and grabbed her jangling jewelry and sash - shaking it to get anyone's attention.
Hidden 1 day ago 1 day ago Post by Raccoon Eyes
Raw
Avatar of Raccoon Eyes

Raccoon Eyes

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@Raptra@LadyinInk@FreeElk@DriveEMOut@bloonewb@SantosGabriel77@HumanMusic@KatherinWinter

Ahsoka walked over to the tavern wall pulling the darts away from it and returning them to the old satchel she carried with her. She noticed the patrons empty out slowly as the room became more quiet. Some of the others had already arrived so she finished her drink deciding it was time to head down.

The young theif made her way down to the basement, the buckles on her worn boots making clanks with each step. As the room came into view she saw a few familiar faces. Quite the serious crowd today the girl thought as she saw most everyone was tucked into a corner not speaking. Ahsoka stood mid-way on the staircase and leaned over the bannister casually propping her elbows on it.

She settled onto her position on the staircase just as the gypsy girl spoke. She spun a piece of her hair around her finger as she listened. "Now that sounds like a good time, however I like to think a little bigger. I mean why assemble all these people just to take a few coins from some pockets?" Ahsoka replied making her appearance known.
Hidden 1 day ago 23 hrs ago Post by DriveEMOut
Raw
Avatar of DriveEMOut

DriveEMOut The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Member Online

Reeve looked up, exasperated, at the rest of the group. "Do you all mind? I'm in the middle of a very important breakthrough, and I would appreciate if you all would be quieter!" His chest heaved, obviously very serious about his work. "I hope this experiment fails and the acid burns through your heart." He muttered to himself as the went back to poring through his notebook, mouthing random metals and better ways to forge a container as he pulled seemingly random materials from his bag. He didn't really feel connected to the rest of the group. They probably thought of him as scum, being a formal noble and all. Whatever. If he had learned anything, it's that you either use people, or they use you. There was no in between. And there certainly couldn't be any trust in a group like this. He sighed.
[@Racoon Eyes]@Raptra@LadyinInk@FreeElk@bloonewb@SantosGabriel77@HumanMusic@KatherinWinter
Hidden 1 day ago Post by SantosGabriel77
Raw
Avatar of SantosGabriel77

SantosGabriel77 NCR Ranger has cool armor

Member Online

@DriveEMOut

Tristan looked into Reeve.He never saw the reason why he was this angry.Tristan knows how to keep the blade on the sheate but if Reeve stands on the way of getting money he will gladly kill him.

"Are even doing something incredible?" Tristan said in a mockish tone.

Tristan would stand up go to a barrel,open it and grab a bottle of water before heading back to his sitting position.
Hidden 1 day ago 1 day ago Post by Raccoon Eyes
Raw
Avatar of Raccoon Eyes

Raccoon Eyes

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@DriveEMOut

Ahsoka raised an eyebrow at the boy who was reading, he seemed familiar but they had few interactions. "Well, I'm sorry if all this noise is bothering you." She purred a small laugh coming off the end of her sentence making the sarcasm quite evident. Getting curious she hopped over the bannister not bothering to walk down the rest of the stairs and made her way over to the angry boy with his nose in a book.

"What's this breakthrough you're so worried about?" She asked genuinely curious echoing Tristan's question. Eventually perching herself over Reeve's shoulder as she tried to see if she could get a look at his book, though she doubted she'd understand all of it.
Hidden 1 day ago Post by FreeElk
Raw
Avatar of FreeElk

FreeElk

Member Online

@LadyinInk
"Come on down dear." She greeted Nadya with her familiar motherly smile, pleased to see another who had made it back safely. She made her way down into the basement and moved around the room, greeting everyone one by one.

@KatherinWinter
"Good to see you're safe Roxy" Annie didn't want to embarrass her in front of the group so she kept it to a minimum.

@HumanMusic
"Nice to see you're awake Thom." She said, patting the sleepy lad on the shoulder.

@Raptra
"Glad you made it down Kai" She greeted the youngest with a smile, just holding herself back from pulling him in for a hug.

@Raccoon Eyes
Ahsoka was speaking so Annie just smiled and nodded at the girl, not wanting to interrupt.

@SantosGabriel77@DriveEMOut
Reeve needed quiet to concentrate but there was a meeting, he had riled some of the group with his request for quiet. Tristan in particular seemed keen to provoke further reaction.
"Now Tristan, no need for that tone." Annie said, her face taking a sterner facade as he sat back down with his water. In fighting was the last thing they needed. Luckily Ahsoka was on the move too, occupying Reeve - whether intentionally or not she had helped quell a potential dispute.
Hidden 23 hrs ago 23 hrs ago Post by DriveEMOut
Raw
Avatar of DriveEMOut

DriveEMOut The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Member Online

@SantosGabriel77
Reeve rolled his eyes at Tristan. "This "something incredible" could save your life. Thank me later."

@Raccoon Eyes
Reeve looked up in surprise of her interest. "I'm trying to sculpt a certain metal into a sort of vial so I could contain a very corrosive acid. The trouble is mostly making a lid for it. The metal's very difficult to shape." He looked at Ahsoka. "Apologies, for earlier. I can be very rash when it comes to my work."
Hidden 19 hrs ago Post by King Tai
Raw
Avatar of King Tai

King Tai The Black Lion

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Walking towards the tavern with an arm around some drunken prostitute, Isago caught sight of his destination. More than likely, he was late which was nothing new but he was expecting to see what was new this time around pushing the woman off of him when she tried to sweet talk her way back into Isago's bed the next time they saw each other.

Simply turning and smiling at the prostitute, Isago entered the tavern and made his way down to the basement to catch sight of the others who have made it. "Hm? Interesting..." he pretty much mumbled to himself while crossing his arms.
Hidden 18 hrs ago Post by KatherinWinter
Raw
GM
Avatar of KatherinWinter

KatherinWinter Frustrated GM

Member Seen 5 hrs ago


@LadyinInk, @KatherinWinter, @FreeElk, @Simple Unicycle, @Raptra, @bloonewb, @KahleenCuthald, @King Tai, @ineffable, @FalkiThomas, @HumanMusic, @SantosGabriel77, @DriveEMOut, @Raccoon Eyes
Roxy nodded. She never knew how to handle Annie. She had never known her mother so having the other woman act like one, or atleast like some she had seen, confused the hell out of her. Kindness wasn't something she was used to. She didn't understand how Annie had gotten involved with the darker side of the world. The older woman didn't seem the type. But she wasn't the type to snoop. She wasn't going to share her story so she couldn't expect others to share theirs.

"It's going to get louder once everyone gets here Reeve either deal with it or take a break until the meeting is over. I don't care which. But I am not about to whisper when I have so many people to talk at once." Roxy snapped at the scientist. She didn't understand Reeve anyone more than she did Annie. The man was crazy smart. Or just crazy she wasn't sure which. All she knew was that everything he did was well beyond her.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet