Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Sola
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sola

Sola Vᴇʀᴍᴇssᴜɴɢ ᴅᴇs Gʟᴜ̈ᴄᴋs

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago






Life, in its natural form, was never rainbows and candied sweets. It was never a perfect utopia. People bitched and moaned on social media because--despite having the newest phone or the fanciest car--life was unfair to them. The poor complained that they didn't have enough money to feed or properly clothe themselves, only to shoot up with needles or get high on prescription medication. It was a dog eat dog world, where even the highest bidder could dictate who was allowed to have their basic human rights and rights guaranteed by law. There was no joy in life but only the false lies people told their children as they put them to bed.

In truth, life had always been shit, yet the grousing of yesterday soon became irrelevant when the darkness of the present arose. No one knew what brought them. During the beginning, no one knew their insatiable hunger would bring down civilization. Humanity found themselves unaware as neighbors and loved ones turned on each other with either deadly weapons or savage teeth. As a fictional character put it, chaos was only but a ladder. Some tried clinging to their old beliefs, only to pay dearly for it. Others turned into twisted shells of their former selves, reveling in the new world as if it was a sandbox.

Blood was blackened as madness befell humanity. Words, like currency, soon meant nothing. Trust meant betrayal, and having supplies meant you were prey. There was no liberty in choice once the world changed. To survive, you ate what you hated and you bandaged yourself with stolen supplies. Buildings were forcefully broken into as they were scavenged to the last drop as if a flock of carrion birds raided it. The laws of the old were nonexistent, and the new continued on with no semblance of order. The world had become an abyss, staring back at those who dared to stare as it begun to claim all hope from those attempting to live...







"Get him inside!"

The shout shattered all reality of hoping for a peaceful night months into the apocalypse. It served as a reminder of the evils that lurked within the concrete jungle that was Brussels. A hopeless place of deteriorating structures where the dead severely outnumbered the living. Humanity was swept into the rising tide of chaos once more as the scavengers--with a well placed kick--sent the door flying open and vaulted inside with a bloody and bitten man. The blood mixed with the oil stains on his mechanic jumpsuit, creating quite a palette of colors on the man's clothing. His breathing was labored as he faded in and out of consciousness, while his body turned feverish, clearly brought upon by the bite on his shoulder.

"What the fuck happened to Enrique?!"

"Gott hat uns verlassen... Wir sind bereits tot!"

"Quit your shouting! We've got company!"

Everything descended into chaos. People soon rushed to the door, fighting with all their might to keep the walkers out of their hideout. Rotting limbs poked through the gaps as the walkers pushed back; the clattering of their mangy jaws being heard even over the shouting and confusion. First it had only been a few, but then more and more began to join their dead brothers and sisters in their attempt to get inside. The bashing and banging drew more of them like a flock of mindless drones, and the sound of shattering glass as they broke through the windows would only serve to their advantage. An endless tide of undead would break through, unless they were dealt with before they could.




It was supposed to be a peaceful morning--as peaceful as it could possibly be in walker-infested Belgium.

Was.

The group had been held up in a sort of bookstore, or so Hiroko had thought. Whilst Hiroko could not understand anything of the French language, the supposedly French building was outlined with shelves for all the eye could see. That was until they were broken down, and plastered to the various windows that surrounded the walls of the bookstore. They gave the group a small moment of peace, but keeping the walkers out was only one of their worries. Food, along with some other supplies, was falling into a shortage, and it was only a matter of time until got the idea to betray the group or they all died to starvation.

And so, a few members of the group sought to remedy this problem. Using a map of the neighboring areas, the group voted on where to search and scavenge for useful material to at least allow them to live another day. Some of the scavengers were volunteers, having wished to search for supplies to play the hero, or simply to escape the tensions that existed within the bookstore encampment. Whether it was pre-walker or post-walker tension, it clearly existed, with several members of the group not seeing eye to eye. In any case, those that were sent to scavenge soon left the area, but not without cracking the skulls of a few straggler walkers that roamed near the building.

Seeing at the time there was little for those inside the bookstore to do outside of counting cans over and over or preforming maintenance on the few guns they had, Hiroko moved to one of the various booths that existed within the building, and sat down to read one of the books that had not been yet burned for a cooking fire. It wasn't too engrossing, but when you're stuck in a post-apocalyptic world, there isn't much one can do for fun or to pass the time. Eventually, the minutes turned to hours--hours that felt like an eternity. The group had not yet returned, having been gone longer than the established time for them to return until...


"Get him inside!"

The shout pulled Hiroko from the lure of the book she had been reading. Shouting was dangerous in the apocalypse, as it could quite literally turn the heads of both living and dead. If Hiroko and the rest heard it, surely a number of walkers heard it too. Regardless of who heard it, however, the group had bigger problems. Those who were busy scavenging burst into the bookstore carrying a bitten and bloody Enrique, whose oily mechanic jumpsuit had been stained with his blood stemming from his shoulder. Confusion set in, with walkers trailing in and those within the building arguing among themselves. With the sudden panic, Hiroko took a moment to calm herself to have a level train of thought.

Inhale.

Count to four.

Exhale.


Having relaxed herself, Hiroko snatched the map while others struggled to hold the door shut against the impending walker doom. Glass began to shatter as the walkers reached their mangy arms in, but Hiroko needed to do something.
"The fenced off alleyway next to the building. We can use that to escape," Hiroko spoke in the best calming, fluent English she could before being cut off by someone screaming about how they wouldn't abandon Enrique. "Let me finish. A gate connects it to the street. We can use it to maneuver around the walkers before they attract more. Do we have a plan or not?"
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Todd Howard
Raw
Avatar of Todd Howard

Todd Howard Formerly Raddum / An Anti-Hero

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago







"Scavenging would be fun!" They said. "You'll be fine as long as you're careful!" They said.

Fucking bullshit, how did he end up believing that?!

What should've been simple was turned into a mess of a situation when Enrique got bit. His scream seemed to have alerted every walker in the world, if Michie's quick observation was accurate. Now here they were, running away, trying to get home. Or at least what was home as of now; Lush furniture and comfortable temperatures were a thing of the past. Now it was huddling in corners and being depressed. Unless you kept yourself occupied, which Michie generally liked to do for his own sake.

Helped others, too. Shame things were looking so damn bad.


"Hang on, brother, we're almost back!" Michie said in an attempt to soothe the man. Didn't know him, not really, but anyone who wasn't against you wasn't someone you wanted to see dead. Humanity had to live on, right? No good in leaving him for dead with these walkers.

Especially after Michie abandoned so many when this started. He didn't want to go down that road again.

Michie had no idea what the hell the guy was saying, but it didn't sound positive: The panicked tone of his voice making that clear. Not to mention the bite wound on the man's shoulder that nobody could take a look at. There wasn't any time: If they stopped running, the walkers weren't going to listen to a timeout. The bookstore was just ahead...


"Get him inside!"

Someone took the front; Kicked the door open, letting them get inside. Unfortunately, this meant that the walkers could get inside as well if nobody did anything: They'd get swarmed, with no chance. They needed a moment; As much time as they could be bought.

So Michie slammed the door shut, and pushed against it trying to keep the walkers out. The banged against the door, the force almost making Michie lose his footing; But he pressed back in an act of survival, not wanting to get eaten. He could hear a voice behind him; That japanese woman that'd been around for awhile. She seemed pretty smart; Calm, too. Clearly so as she was talking about a plan rather calmly right now as he was fighting with the walkers trying to open the goddamn door.

Michie winced at the sound of glass breaking. Oh, god.


"We aren't leaving Enrique!" Michie screamed back before the woman could finish; She was quick to respond and shut him down, however; As she finished explaining her plan. It sounded good, yeah, but they needed to start moving. Quick, as Michie wasn't going to be able to hold this door much longer; If he was lucky enough that the door wouldn't fall off the hinges and smash him or something. "Yeah, it's a good plan, but we need to hurry up! I can't hold this door!"

1x Like Like
Hidden 11 mos ago 10 mos ago Post by RumikoOhara
Raw
Avatar of RumikoOhara

RumikoOhara Goddess & Benevolent Dictator

Member Seen 1 hr ago

[hider=Dixie]





Dixie had broken away from the other scavengers feeling that they were too noisy for her nerves but kept close to them just in case they needed any help and then they went and got one of their number bitten; Enrique. Then the dam fools wanted to drag him into their hideout knowing as many survivors did that getting bitten was not only a death sentence but a hazard to the living when they turned.

Sure she felt bad for the man but that didn’t mean she was so sentimental as to believe he wouldn’t turn and because they couldn’t face reality were endangering people who were still healthy. Now because of all their noise the group was a target for the walkers and Dixie was already exhausted from the effort she put in defending the fools.

It was so bad that Michie was presently straining to keep the door shut so they could escape into the next building and they were still going to drag the doomed man with them so that eventually they’d have to smash his head in as they had so many already.

She thought of helping with the rear guard but then it occurred to her that someone needed to clear the building they were hoping to move to and she was likely the only person here with urban tactical training.

She headed over to the other building and began her work even though she knew it was only a temporary shelter at best.

As she searched the building with a Tonfa in each hand she remembered how close they were to the Digue du Canal where there were bound to be long barges and the canal tugs or those that were self propelled

1x Like Like 1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Burger
Raw
Avatar of Burger

Burger sick

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago







L'Effet Cumule'.
Reflechissez Et Devenez Riche.
L'Amour.


Leeroy had thumbed through the books on the ground. He didn't understand a lick of French. It was a fruitless effort to find something useful for him. Nonetheless, he still searched through the books for something useful. Anything that could teach him something would be useful - survival handbooks, the anarchist cookbook, even a nudie mag would suffice. His search for anything useful came up with nothing. He couldn't even tell what anything was with all of the French titles.

Earlier, Leeroy had been dismantling shelving and reinforcing the windows. He had been doing a good job of it. But besides that, Leeroy had been doing nothing. Searching for anything useful in a bookstore was difficult. Tinder was everywhere, but flammable objects weren't in short supply. Without much to do, Leeroy had decided to try to rest up. Picking a nice spot in the corner of a booth, Leeroy sat and tried his best to catch any bit of sleep he could.

His dream was frightening. This time, he was a shambling corpse. No control of his own body, but fully lucid. Simply trawling through the streets, moving with the legions of walkers. It felt like an eternity to be trapped inside of that prison he called his body. Thankfully, his sleep had been broken with a crash of a door and plenty of screaming.

"...the fuck...Enrique?!"

"Gott...Wir...tot!"

"Quit...got company!"

The yells of the others had been obfuscated in the confusion of Leeroy waking up. Another slam. Groans. This was serious. Leeroy's stupor was instantly cured. Moving quickly, he grabbed all of his things. He slung his bag over his back and kept the two make-shift knives tied with rope on his thighs. He left the booth, grabbing his glorified stick and went to assess the situation. The glass began to shatter. Leeroy had faith in the barricades, though he didn't trust the nails to be a permanent solution.

"The fenced off alleyway next to the building. We can use that to escape," a calm but accented voice said.
"We aren't leaving Enrique!" A voice had screamed, replacing the first.
"Let me finish. A gate connects it to the street. We can use it to maneuver around the walkers before they attract more. Do we have a plan or not?" the first voice finished.

Leeroy ran to the front of the store only to see Enrique on the ground with the scavenging party around him. With no more than a cursory glance, he could tell that Enrique was, for lack of a better term, fucked. Michie had been holding the door shut as legions of walkers tried to break through.

"Enrique's fucking dead. He's been bitten!" Leeroy sternly stated to Michie, "whoever tries to carry him is going to die when they finally bust through." His words were harsh, but Leeroy didn't want to die. If need be, he would shove a knife directly into Enrique's soon-to-be-turned skull. Trying to carry out Enrique, who was little more than a ticking time bomb, was an extreme risk. One that he wasn't willing to take.
2x Like Like
Hidden 11 mos ago 11 mos ago Post by Sh1nya
Raw
Avatar of Sh1nya

Sh1nya

Member Seen 8 mos ago

"I knew I should have taken French" Astrid whispered to herself as she tried to read the labels on the food. She had been asked to go through what they had left and make a list of what the group needed and while she had to admit it was not the best use of her skills, she would have done anything to keep her mind off of hearing those things groan. Just thinking about those flesh hungry psychopaths was enough to make her skin crawl. The boredom of sitting around was even worse, she was glad to be doing menial tasks no matter how mundane they were.

"water is fine, we're stocked with what I can only assume to be-"

"Get him inside!" with a slam of the front door was all the girl had heard from her side of the room. The girl hastily peered over at the front door to find that the scavengers had returned safely...almost safely, what they brought with them left room for argument. Walkers, dozens of them had followed them back to the bookstore and by the looks of things, the man with the bleeding shoulder had led them there. The walkers, eager to get in, lashed at the door furiously, as the man screamed. It seemed they would have to flee from the bookstore as soon as possible.

Things were frantic as she reached the front of the store. The man Enrique had been slowly bleeding to death, Michie had been trying to keep the walkers at bay, and there had been talk of plans for escape. She had overheard the man was bitten and she knew what came next. As much as she hated the idea, they would have to leave the man behind.

She had heard Michie's protest against leaving Enrique and wanted to Side with him. Of course she wanted to save Enrique, she hated leaving anyone behind just as much as he did, but bringing the man along meant putting everyone at risk.

"We don't have a choice, there's nothing we can do for him"

(sorry it's so short I'm posting on my phone)
1x Like Like
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by Sirkaithethird
Raw
Avatar of Sirkaithethird

Sirkaithethird Lord of The Sea

Member Seen 15 days ago

Koen awoke the same way he had for the last 6 months, hoping it was all a dream, instead here he was laying ontop of a semitrailer in the cool predawn chill. He quickly packed up his bag, not hard considering that he had next to nothing packed. He leaned over all the edges checking for Mort-vivant, after he was satisfied that all was clear he jumped down onto the tarmac of E19. In the distance he could make out the beginning of Brussels and there was his goal.


It was 11:00 when Koen wandered into Brussels cautiously he worked his way to the main train station, it was the only place he knew, there was certainly a map somewhere in the station. Finally at 1300 Koen wandered into the marble halls, he had dodged the Mort-vivant at the main entrance. As he walked in he noticed that all passageways to the platforms were locked, presumably there was Mort-vivant down there. He walked to the information desk, the door swinging in some unfelt breeze, inside he found a collection of maps. Koen pulled them out into the brighter light, he discarded all repeated maps and kept the rest, putting them in his bag. A flash light would be nice he muttered to himself in a mix of Dutch and French. If only I could find a gear closet, he wandered into the area marked staff only, "Not like they will mind" he walked in and continued down the hall, after finding what seemed to be storage he searched but found nothing. He walked back to the large skylit lobby and figured that this must be a beacon for survivants. He found a darkened corner where he could hide if necessary and set up camp.
1x Like Like
Hidden 11 mos ago Post by ReusableSword
Raw
Avatar of ReusableSword

ReusableSword The Mighty.

Member Seen 18 min ago

Lucas Stromberg

Currently feeling content and ready for some fun.


It was still daylight while he slept, the strange man that joined this rag tag group a few days prior. He just so happened to be enjoying his favorite pastime of killing the risen when a few people thought he was in trouble and came to help, telling him to join them in their humble abode. They were glad to know he had medical skills but began to distance themselves when they noticed the things that made this man off. Multiple personalities, talking to himself, hearing voices, and the ever so subtle modified straight jacket he wore under his trench coat didn’t seem to ease these people. But Lucas didn’t give a dam, he figured that it would be fun to stay with people again until it got boring.

But it would seem that this place would not settle for being boring, although he never really talked to anyone or get to know them. This strange man wouldn’t settle for sleeping on the floor or under desks like the others instead he stacked a few chairs on a table and made a bed in the false ceiling, finding a reinforced area near a wall to sleep on. It was small but out of the way of the others, he could also keep his things up there while not worrying about anyone going through his stuff.

Then it came with a scream, the beautiful sound of chaos and despair. Lucas woke with a start he was already gathering his gear when they burst through the door. He could hear yelling and shouts of trouble, his heart felt like it was going to leap from his chest as his adrenalin spiked but all he did was smile when he dropped from the ceiling and onto the table and strapped his gear onto him. Lucas didn’t seem to care or hide how disturbing it was with what he sung for all to hear, “Despair, you come to me, with your poison and your misery. Oh death, you come to sting with your poison and your misery” breaking glass and moans from the undead outside seemed to drown the man out as he leaped from the table making his way towards the door.

His voice was louder now, the dead were coming, and they would make it in eventually. “Death surrounds me, singing to me softly. Let the shadow spreads his wings, around me. In the night, close your eyes, for it means to come in. In the night, close your eyes, I'll be here to call. I can feel the shadow creeping in my mind. Don't close your eyes!” making his way to the few survivors that surrounded the wounded man and seemed to be starring on in shock, he decided to take the initiative. “Quick!” he shouted at them pointing to a desk against the wall, “move that to the door it will give us time!” short and simple, something easy to get those just standing around to do something.

Even through the language barrier they seemed to understand, he waited for them to move off before kneeling down to the sweating and crying man who was lying in a pool of his own blood. At first glance he knew, he knew this man in his current form was not long for this world, and he would soon join the others that were clawing their way inside. So he would wait, wait for the others to look away or gather their things. Slowly while kneeling next to the man cradling his head in his arms he whispered while taking Enrique’s green butterfly knife from his hand, “Shh Shh, everything’s going to be okay and you will be free of this pain.” Lucas gripped the knife in one of his hands as he kept talking. “I am the Ángel de la muerte” this seemed to stop the man’s whimpering for only a moment as if understanding what was happening. The swift small movement of his hands ended that moment and with it Enrique’s life as Lucas pulled the knife from the base of the other man’s skull.

He knew what that phrase in Spanish was, angel of death, one of his friends at the ward would occasionally call him that when he had one of his episodes. He also understood where he needed to strike someone in order for them to stay down, one of the first things he did was experiment in both the killings of the dead and living he needed to see and understand how it all worked. Feeling like Enrique wasn’t coming back he stood and smiled as he looked to the others, “Well it’s another day in this beautifully chaotic world, now then in case you all still need direction.” He paused for a moment and looked to all of them, “I kindly suggest you all get your shit and get out! Enrique here has made a noble sacrifice and will stay behind to slow down the risen that will get through.” With a laugh and a smile the insane man picked up his ax strapped on his fire helmet and walked out the side door towards the planned escape route.
2x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Artymis
Raw

Artymis friend

Member Seen 11 days ago

A R T H U R I R V I N G


Arthur had awoken that morning expecting the usual. He was partially enjoying this new reality he was in, however gruesome and disgusting it was. And whilst the day for the most part had gone normally, a problem had occurred within the group of survivors he was around. He wasn't particularly fond of them nor did he like how stupid they were when it came to making rational decisions, but they were decent protection from the walker and he could always throw one toward the group in case he needed a getaway

As it turned out, another stupid decision was being made right before his eyes in the group, and it was seriously starting to annoy him. The walkers were busting through the door of the hideout and it would only be a matter of time. Not only that, they had brought someone who was bitten straight into their den. Were they retarded? How could they make such an obviously ridiculous decision to risk the lives of the group, and much more importantly, Arthur himself? It was blasphemous in his eyes.

At this point, survivors were doing all sorts of nonsense. One with curly blonde hair was trying to take him with us, whilst an older asian woman was trying to formulate a plan. It sounded decent, in honesty and he was surprised she could keep her head whilst someone was trying to save a dead man. Giving a nod of respect in her direction, he looked back towards the scene. Some people with some common sense finally stated their protest to this action and he supposed he would to, because no-one was going to disagree with the smartest in the room.

"Listen. Drop that fucking corpse and leave. He was stupid enough to get bitten, so he will suffer the consequences of his actions. Unless you have become a doctor overnight and discovered a cure for this shit, we will go." he spoke in a commanding tone.

It was at this point someone who was even taller than him came from absolutely nowhere singing a creepy tune. It wasn't exactly the time, but it made a nice change to the screaming of the survivors as he watched what he was doing in interest. He commanded some people to move a desk toward the door to hold it, which was a smart move. But what he did next surprised him. He took the guys own knife and stabbed him in the head. He laughed out of instinct because he didn't exactly have another response to the shock he just witnessed. Whilst it might have been hypocritical, he didn't expect an action like that from such a soft group. It surprised him. Feeling unsafe remaining in the location however, he figured he'd stop watching the show and go toward the escape route. He didn't want to be food for the walkers, or that giant for that matter.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Sola
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sola

Sola Vᴇʀᴍᴇssᴜɴɢ ᴅᴇs Gʟᴜ̈ᴄᴋs

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago





The seed of fear and darkness, of anger and confusion began to encompass the survivors within the bookstore. Danger was certain as it continued to gnaw outside like a freezing breeze nipping at one's bone, yet even then it was hard to come to a decision. Despite Enrique's infected condition, some wished to save him while others wanted to flee or at least do something with the bloody Spaniard before he rose from the dead to munch on their faces.

While no one could decide on what to do with Enrique, one took advantage of the disagreements that existed. Like a monkey, Lucas leaped downwards from his false ceiling bed compartment, and crashed down on a table. It was obvious that even Hiroko was startled by the schizophrenic giant as he swooped downwards and sung an odd, eerie, and most importantly, creepy tune. Hiroko knew it wasn't right to judge Lucas, but she couldn't help but to feel distant and almost distrustful of the giant Norwegian. After all, Lucas had the ability to scare fear into even the most jaded of people, clearly making some of the survivors uncomfortable after seeing his coup de grace.

Nonetheless, Hiroko and the rest could not solely focus on Lucas. Whatever fear the Norwegian might've imposed on the survivors quickly became second to other issues, namely the fact that Michie was faltering as he held the door closed and free of walkers.


"Right, this way!" Hiroko exclaimed, assuming temporary command as she shoved what belongings she had in her satchel and hastily left with the rest of the group. She had no idea if everyone would make it, to which Hiroko hoped Michie would run like hell out of the building. Having known Michie's desire to leave no one behind, Hiroko hoped he wasn't trying to drag Enrique's body as they fled. Hiroko, too, didn't wish to leave the Spaniard behind, but like in education, sacrifices were needed to be made.

Sacrifices that may had been pointless had Hiroko remembered the gate was still closed with a tight chain keeping it shut. However observant Hiroko was, it was clear her mind was still clouded with stress.
"No, nonononono.... No!" Hiroko muttered as she rattled the gate, but soon a lightbulb went off in her head.

"Hey, de la muerte man, Arthur! I need a hand with getting everyone over this fence, and quickly!" Hiroko called, indirectly referring to the few stragglers that begun to pour out the back door instead of going for the all you can eat buffet. She was certain that the fireman's axe Lucas had could easily chop through the chain, but Hiroko felt uncomfortable with a crazy man like him swinging his axe around wildly and not at a walker such as those trailing behind the group.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Todd Howard
Raw
Avatar of Todd Howard

Todd Howard Formerly Raddum / An Anti-Hero

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago







Goddamn it.

Michie's heart was racing; He felt like it was going to burst out of his chest at any moment like he swore these fucking zombies were about to burst through the door. But the zombies weren't the only problem; He was also getting plenty of negative opinions on his words, and while he wanted to argue about it, he was trying terribly hard to focus on not losing his footing at the door. He knew Enrique was fucked, but he didn't deserve to just be left and eaten! They had to do something for the man; Anything. He was suffering, and Michie knew that he alone couldn't get the man out.

Leeroy was a respectable enough guy; Kind of funny, at times. His words were harsh and hurt Michie a little, honestly. But Michie understood that Leeroy had to look after himself; The others, too. Someone else would get hurt if they took him, and the man wasn't wanting to let that happen. Michie didn't want to see anyone hurt, either... Michie wouldn't forget Leeroy's opinion.

Astrid was more on his page; But again, she was against bringing Enrique along in the end. She was right; They couldn't do anything for him, could they? It was all fucked up the moment that he got bit. It's a disease that couldn't be cured, as one of the taller and more well built individuals in their group pointed out to him.

Michie wasn't a doctor, and he didn't have a cure. Enrique was doomed. Michie began regretfully accepting this.


"... Man..." Was all Michie could mutter as a response, unable to say much more. It was obvious by his face that he was upset; Perhaps with himself, for thinking he could do anything about the bite. This wasn't a world where mistakes could be fixed; They costed you everything. Since he was still alive, did that mean fleeing and leaving his friends was the right decision? Compared to them, Enrique was a random stranger; They could hardly communicate, let alone know each-other. Sometimes Michie wondered if there was more to morality these days than Living and Dying. Good, evil, these things seemed to have disappeared. Everything became a moral gray zone after the outbreak.

He wasn't sure he liked that.

Suddenly, one of the strangest men in their group dropped down from his resting place above. He was odd; Michie didn't really know him too well, all he knew was that the guy had an axe, and seemed to talk even when nobody was listening. And now, he was singing some tune that had Michie on edge; If this were a better situation, he'd say throw some heavy guitars and drums behind them and turn it into something metal. But at the moment he was freaked out, and wasn't sure if he wanted to hear much more.

Time almost felt like it stopped with what happened next.

Lucas had ordered the others of the scav team to push a table over to the door; Which Michie appreciated because this was getting more difficult by the second. But as they were doing that, Lucas was doing something... Strange. He knelt down, saying something or other to Enrique. And Michie swore he could see at least a split moment of understanding in Enrique's eyes. Whatever Lucas was doing, it seemed to at least give Enrique a small amount of peace.

The table was almost here. He just needed to hold the door a bit longer.

He faltered as the knife went into Enrique, ending his life quickly. He choked on the words he wanted to say; How terrible that had been, what the fuck kind of monster Lucas was. But at the same time, Enrique at least seemed to show some sort of understanding at the end. It didn't make anything better, but it was over now. He was dead, and now they'd leave his corpse behind. At least he wasn't going to die being eaten alive; Michie supposed that was all he could ask for at this point.

Unfortunately, Michie couldn't hold out long enough.


"Shit!" Michie swore, the battering from the door becoming too much for him to handle. He was jutted forward as the door swung open forcefully, walkers beginning to enter the building. Those that had been trying to get the table to the door in time panicked and began to flee; And Michie had to run, too. Or else he'd be dead.

Thankfully, Michie didn't worry much about the table. He just ran towards it, and took a leap: His legs pulled up, a palm pressing onto the table as he surfed right over it, landing on the other side and continuing to flee. He eyed Enrique's corpse as he passed; Almost bumping into Astrid on his way towards the exit as he wasn't paying attention until the last second. He thankfully side-stepped and avoided her, muttering an apology without offering much else. Now wasn't the time for smalltalk, he knew that. He was also a bit distressed and didn't want anyone to really see it, though.

As Michie bolted out, he figured the walkers would be momentarily busy Enrique's body. The thought wasn't pretty, but it was buying the rest of them time. He hoped that wherever that man was now, he could forgive the mistakes that were made, and the things they couldn't do to help him. He kept near the wall; Keeping a fair speed past the others and jumping up on the fence; His fingers gripping and within a few moments, the young man had already brought himself to the top. Not that he had any intention of going farther, at the moment.

Rather, he sat on top of the fence; Looking down and noting Hiroko's plan. He reached a hand down hoping to help pull anyone up that needed help. Between those bigger guys lifting down there and him pulling up here, they ought to be able to get everyone over, right? Hopefully?


"C'mon, somebody grab hold and get up 'n over!" Michie called to the group below, intending to still get who he could out of here before those walkers started piling out. They'd have to hurry, though, or everyone was going to end up getting eaten in this cage they now had themselves pretty much locked in. Michie tried to focus on the escape, rather than Enrique's death.

1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Burger
Raw
Avatar of Burger

Burger sick

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago







It was much to Leeroy's surprise when one of the survivors had sung that song. Eerie and ominous was the wrong way to put it. To Leeroy, the only thing that song meant was that whoever was singing it was obviously not right in the head. Dark humor was Leeroy's escape. That song was not humorous. But, putting aside the song, the group needed to go. Leeroy's hand gripped his metal bar as he went in for Michie, worried that he would have to kill Enrique. While it was something he was willing to do, he had never killed someone who was still unturned.

However, whatever moral ramifications he had would have to wait. Lucas, whom Leeroy never liked, had already jumped the gun. Stabbing Enrique in the back of the skull while speaking of death. The only thing that Leeroy could think was that Lucas, while Leeroy never had a high opinion of him, was bad news. He would be a major risk factor.

But now wasn't the time to bring it up. Hiroko's voice overcame whatever shock Leeroy had. Now was time to go - and Hiroko's exclamation was music to his ears. Without any further disturbance, he began to run.

The alleyway was a momentary haven. The fresh air, while filled with the stench of death and decay, was a welcome break from the smell of fetid arms clawing through windows with rotten blood and flesh dripping. Unfortunately, the only way out of was through a fence - one that was obviously chained. As Hiroko became panicked by the chain, Leeroy noticed a spark about her. Rather than break down, she constantly took command. She ordered two people to help lift the others out. In that moment, Leeroy knew that whoever this Japanese woman was, she was most likely the most trusty one here. In a moment that was uncharacteristic of Leeroy, he decided that he would be the first one out.

Michie had managed to reach the top of the fence first, ready to pull anyone over. Leeroy followed suit. He tossed his pole through one of the holes in the fence and began to climb the fence. Taking Michie's hand, he sprawled over the top, careful as to not jostle the fence or knock Michie off. After a quick glance around the street, it was apparent that the street was vaguely safe. Most of the walkers were occupied with the front of the building. Without any room to turn around, Leeroy jumped. His landing was less than spectacular. Legs first, his feet slammed into the ground. The momentum continued, causing his legs to buckle and, in a desperate attempt to stay upright, fall onto his back.

He quickly rose up, recovering from his fall. Grabbing his weapon he tossed through the fence, he was prepared to knock any stray walker that had decided to stroll near the fence.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago 10 mos ago Post by RumikoOhara
Raw
Avatar of RumikoOhara

RumikoOhara Goddess & Benevolent Dictator

Member Seen 1 hr ago






Dixie heard the call to hoist over over the fence so she stabbed the tips of her retractable tonfa into a nearby wall then shoved them into their gortex holsters and reached her arms behind her gathering up the tail of her trench coat and cenching it behind her using it’s belt. Then secured she slips on her gloves as she bolts towards the fence.

She feels transported back in time:: It was spring and she was following her team as they ran through Paris’s best Parkour spots; and ahead ran Geoff the man she had to end when all this began, a man she once loved. He was a powerful leader in the oh so physical sport that had woke in Dixie a primal state that felt so natural as she cast off fear knowing the limits and ability of her body; he lay bitten and spitting blood.

She hadn’t hesitated then when he gave her not a word but his beautiful blue eyes forced her to see the logic of her actions. She only worried that it wouldn’t be quick and saw the last thing his eyes ever told her as the steel baton spun at its most deadly angle with the force of her entire body in an execution strike………..

Her left foot struck one corner only slipping about 2 inches as she used that friction to throw all her weight at an angle upwards so that her tucked right leg could strike into the metal cloth fence her toes now as pointed as a ballerina's into the weave. Next she threw her arms up as her right leg uncoiled threw her almost level with the top rail of the so she could grab it and fling herself up in a dry breaststroke like action to spin astraddle the bar facing @Raddum Michie.

“Allo, shall we join forces and split the load” says Dixie cheerfully looking into his eyes.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Sh1nya
Raw
Avatar of Sh1nya

Sh1nya

Member Seen 8 mos ago


None of this felt right to her, having to leave Enrique, the walkers coming down on their shelter, none of it felt right. For now she would have to put her feelings of uneasiness to rest and focus on getting out in one piece.

To say that things had not been going well was an understatement. Hell to say things hand gone from bad to worse was an understatement. The group had to evacuate and they had to do it fast, it did not matter where they went, they just had to get away from here. Hiroko taking command, told everyone to head out the back door into the alley way. Out of everyone in the group she had always been one of the ones the girl could sort of trust. If anyone was to lead this group she thought it was Hiroko. With her plan in motion that just left what to do with the man slowly dying in front of them.

Before they could think about what to do with Enrique, a tall man whistling a haunting tune stepped from out of the shadows. Stabbing the now infected man in the hea,d he mentioned something poetic in nature before telling everyone to get ready to leave. Astrid never thought much about the man named Lucas. If anything, she tried to stay out of his way. Out right avoid him if she could, but then again she was not really big on getting close to anyone especially Lucas.

She did not like what he did, but to her, it was better than turning into one of those things. The ends would have to justify the means. There was no time left as Michie could not hold the door any longer.

The walkers burst through the doorThe girl rushed to grab her belongings and followed the rest of the Michie out There was only one thing stopping them, the gate had been locked tight. Wonderful, as if things were not falling to pieces already. Luckily Michie had already made it up the gate to help the group over as well as well as Dixie. She ran towards the gate and grabbed Michie's to hoist herself over the gate.

"Thanks luv" she mentioned to Michie. She jumped over the other side and tried to land on her feet. She stumbled as she reached the ground and used her hands to keep from falling. She was not the first one over as she had seen that Leeroy had already made it over, but she was just happy being away from the walkers.
2x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Artymis
Raw

Artymis friend

Member Seen 11 days ago

A R T H U R I R V I N G


Arthur was not keen on the suggestion by Hiroko. He'd known the girl a while, and she was fairly level headed, but this was an unruly suggestion. Having to lift people? That would belittle him to the role of a chair holder, and as he looked down at his wrist to re-affirm himself, he realised that this role was in fact not for him. Still, he thought that this was the right decision to keep him alive, as if his cannon fodder died this early, he'd have some problems on his hands. Figuring that this would only last a minute and he could easily live with the slight shame of saving a life, he began lifting people up.

One by one, he sent them up to the two sitting on the fence. It annoyed them that they were weak enough to have to have two people help them over when he could probably box jump the fence by itself if he tried hard enough, yet he continued regardless. Stopping after he realised he might get stuck with the crazy one on his own, he realised he needed to get out. Climbing across with ease, he figured that the people he was working with must have had some piss poor physical conditioning given that it was literally just a fence.

"Make sure you soft pussies don't hurt yourself on the way down, or do you need me to catch your fall?" he spoke with disgust in his tone, taunting them as he stood waiting to go, brushing off his hands and jewellery.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Sola
Raw
GM
Avatar of Sola

Sola Vᴇʀᴍᴇssᴜɴɢ ᴅᴇs Gʟᴜ̈ᴄᴋs

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago





As a team, the group of survivors began to help each other individually over the gate that obstructed their freedom. By no means did it appear a skillful escape, but with cannibalistic corpses barreling down on their behinds, they needed to get over the fence--now. Grabbing a hold of someone's hand, Hiroko vaulted over what she hoped would be the last obstacle denying the group freedom and safety from the walkers.

Yet hope in the apocalypse was often a lie.


"Scheisskerl!" A voice had shouted, and the sight that spurred the shouting forced Hiroko to grimace. As if Arthur had jinxed it, one of the group members--Maureen--had quite the nasty fall. The Belgian's ankle was twisted upon impact, and one could see even without being a doctor that Maureen wouldn't be walking upright for some time.

However, it soon became clear that the ankle was not going to be the only issue the group had to deal with. Whilst at the time the only sign of walkers were those attempting to gnaw through the chained gate, the once seemingly clear street was hardly safe as well.

One walker turned into two, and those two turned into four, then a dozen and so on. It became apparent that the shout had awoken the beasts of Brussels as countless walkers continued to flood from the various buildings and side streets that connected to the main road. Someone desperately needed to think of a plan, but what could they do?

They couldn't go back. They couldn't go forward. There was no place for them to go... except down.

Hiroko wasn't a history teacher, but she did know a thing or two about simple logic and Brussels itself. Such a large city with a canal system was likely to have some way to control the water and sewage as they saw fit, and Hiroko began to quickly look around for any sign of a manhole or grate that might exist nearby. Nonetheless, it was to her luck that Hiroko noticed the opening directly next to a few walkers that had been shambling towards the group.


"There, the manhole!" Hiroko exclaimed as she reached for the aluminium baseball bat she had been using to protect herself. "Someone needs to help me lift it and keep them off me!" She continued to exclaim, not waiting for the group to play 'not me' as Hiroko headed into deeper danger.

Reeling the bat backwards, Hiroko swiftly cracked open the skull of a walker as the rotten blood caked the aluminum bat. The next one nearly caught Hiroko by surprise, as it nipped with its crooked jaws; the only thing separating the two being the bat as Hiroko held it back. With a shove, Hiroko pushed the walker into an outdoor table set, immobilizing it for the time being as the walker was caught in the various broken pieces of the table and its umbrella.

Once any kind of threat was out of the way (or at least those currently near Hiroko) and in an more manageable form, Hiroko slid her fingers through the small openings within the manhole covering in a possible vain attempt to lift it out of the way so they might escape from the horde that had surrounded them.

Whether there might be be a ladder or a cushioned spot to fall down was still something to consider, but Hiroko felt it was the better of two terrible options to have a broken bone than being chewed on by something that shouldn't exist.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Burger
Raw
Avatar of Burger

Burger sick

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago







One by one, they had hopped over the gate. Most had followed Leeroy's example. The Belgian woman had managed to follow Leeroy's example a little too closely, rolling her ankle as she landed. Her scream, unfortunate as the situation was, made Leeroy upset. She didn't intend to fuck up her ankle and yelp in pain, but Leeroy wished that she could have at least a shred of self-preservation and kept her mouth shut. The infected legion, of course, responded swiftly and without prejudice. Crawling out of the woodwork, they seemed to begin to pour out of every orifice the street had to offer.

"Motherfucker..." Leeroy whispered to himself, his grip on his weapon tightening.

With the dead filling the streets, Leeroy became worried. He had never dealt with this before - after all, he always played it safe when he was alone. Maybe this group stuff wasn't what it was cut out to be. Too many liabilities, too many ways to fail. Leeroy liked the simple life - scavenge for food and live to the next day. But, this wasn't the time to dwell on such thoughts. After all, there was a horde of walkers waiting to devour every little bit of flesh still stuck to their bones. And Leeroy liked his flesh still properly attached to his bones.

He decided to look at their fearless leader. Rather, their fearless leader that was already smashing skulls with her bat. Like a bat outta hell, Leeroy thought. His sense of humor, despite only being seconds away from his possible death, still hadn't depleted.

"There, the manhole!" Hiroko had exclaimed.

Leeroy saw the manhole. An escape via sewers wasn't in his day-plan, but he would rather smell shit than be gobbled up by some dead things.

"Move! Fucking move!" Leeroy yelled at Hiroko. This was no time for games. He wanted the fuck out. His sense of self-preservation was stomping out his sense of humor. Quickly charging towards Hiroko, he jammed his bar into one of the holes. With a twist and a shove, the bar was wedged deep into the hole. Using all of his weight, Leeroy pushed onto the bar, bending it as for it to become jammed inside of the hole. Using all of the strength he could muster, Leeroy pulled the manhole cover off and embraced for the worst.

He lucked out. It wasn't a sewer - it was simply an ordinary storm drain. And thankfully, there was a ladder down.

"Everyone fucking in!" Leeroy commanded to the others. He didn't want to jump in first - after all, it was pitch black down there. Who knew what would be down there? Walkers? Cannibals? Angry Survivors? Clowns? Leeroy didn't like the sound of any of those. He readied one of his janky knives. For the time being, his bar would be out of commission.
3x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Todd Howard
Raw
Avatar of Todd Howard

Todd Howard Formerly Raddum / An Anti-Hero

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago








Michie tried to keep a small smile on his face as he helped Leeroy over the fence; He was still stricken by what had happened.
But he couldn't focus on it right now, as he had other obligations: Specifically getting everyone over this fence. First to come up was Leeroy.
"Welcome to the safe side." Michie remarked, eyeing the man's crude landing. Christ, what was he trying to do, break somethin'? He got up fine, so Michie figured all was well.

Michie didn't have much time to think about it; Before he knew it, Dixie had already brought herself to the top of the fence as well. The man blinked for a moment, having not expected it, but he snapped out of it as the woman spoke. He nodded in response, appreciating having an extra hand to lift the others out. Team effort was something that came natural to him given his old life.
"I'd appreciate that." He responded, trying to widen his smile a bit. She seemed a bit cheery, though maybe that was just to shadow over the current situation. He could understand that.

Hand going back down to scoop up another person, Astrid had ran up and gripped him; The man helping her get up and over quickly as to head onto the next person. He took note of her words, replying:
"Safe landin'!" As she hopped down. He didn't hear bones crunching, so he assumed she nailed the landing somewhat. Success, yeah?

Michie continued helping people over, working together with Dixie, Lucas, and Arthur to shovel the others out. Before long, Arthur himself climbed out with ease seeming to not want help; He didn't really need it. That much was clear as he landed on the other side, taunting those left, Michie included. Michie smirked a little at this; Sure he was being an asshole, but a little bit of trash talking could serve as a good motivator. Michie was helping one last person out aside from Lucas-- Maureen, and right as he had her at the top, and she began to prepare herself to go down the other side...

Lucas started pulling himself up.

Using his axe for leverage, the large man shook the fence while ascending, throwing the woman off; She landed harshly during her drop, and the sounds she made on impact wasn't pretty. Arthur sure jinxed that shit, though Michie couldn't be a smartass; As his thoughts carried him into other, much simpler words as he quickly jumped off the fence.
"Damn, man!" Michie growled out with a bit of irritation. He bent his knees and stuck the landing, straightening out and taking note of their new situation.

Zombies. Zombies everywhere.


"Oh shit.." Michie exclaimed, a bead of sweat slowly making it's way down his forehead as he momentarily froze. He shook himself out of it, and took a knee to check on their newly injured member. A quick observation made it clear that she wouldn't be able to walk, at least. But she wasn't bitten! There wasn't a fucking excuse to leave her for dead; He wasn't a doctor, but he was pretty sure things like this healed over time. But she couldn't run, so how the hell were they going to get her out of here?

"There, the manhole!" Hiroko's words caught Michie's attention. He watched her and Leeroy quickly work on an escape route; And figured that it was possible to get the woman that far. Even if she had to crawl.

"We got an exit, someone gonna help me lift her so we can get the hell outta here?" Michie questioned, eyeing those still around: He figured Arthur wouldn't, but he still had to get to the manhole; So if Michie could get some help getting her off the ground, that douche could at least knock a walker or two out of the way. Though, when it came to strength, Arthur was one of his few options. Not that he doubted the others could help, but the guy was pretty big. The only real competition being...

That man who killed Enrique. Who was just making his way over the fence.

Michie's expression was filled with uncertainty on what would happen next.


1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by ReusableSword
Raw
Avatar of ReusableSword

ReusableSword The Mighty.

Member Seen 18 min ago

Lucas Stromberg

Currently feeling content and ready for some fun.


The alley was small and tight, at one end was a tall fence at the other was a gate that looked nearly 8 feet high. Thick bars with four large hinges bolted into the brick buildings, and only a few doors leading into the cramped space. The French woman had already clambered through to the alley, her movements suggested military or police training, “watch her she will turn the others against you.” A strange voice echoed in his head, “they are already against me” he spoke aloud gripping his ax and synching up the straps on his pack while he waited.

The rest of the group followed suit, one at a time getting their things and getting out of the building and past the tall man. He stayed there waiting for them, looking past those that came through the broken door, it was a bottleneck. Right where he stood he could take down quite a few of the risen that followed and that was exactly his plan, let the others see that he was useful. After all, even if this group doesn’t exactly like him doesn’t mean that his chances of survival are greater with them. The only reason why they stayed honestly.

His attention was pulled from the door way for a moment as the Japanese girl spoke up, something about calling him death and asking for him to help the others over, “a little busy right now love” he spoke with a mock British accent. He found that sometimes it helped to lighten the mood, although he was almost certain that it would go unappreciated by this lot. He was telling the truth though, right behind the last person out that didn’t freeze and try to hide from the dead left the building. This gave him the opportunity to cut down the two risen that had followed them out.

He found it a bit odd at how others reacted to the skill and precision with how he swung his ax, after all it was heavy and unwieldy in the hands of the untrained. The ax itself was built for forced entry through doors, walls, and roofs. If used correctly it could also be used for leverage breaking locks and chains. He had noticed the chain on the gate but if he had broken it, the dead behind them would not stop their slow march toward them.

He held his own for some time, giving the others time to get over the fence with a smile on his face. With a laugh and a swing he finished off the last one he could, with more piling in to the building and flowing toward him. He couldn’t do this forever, and with the last girl making her way over the fence, Lucas finally decided it was enough and made a break for the fence. The other larger man with the jewelry spoke up saying something about how they were all pussy's for being unable to catch their fall. “Don’t worry King Arthur for I am a paramedic and can help those who become injured, I shall be your white mage” another strange reference from the strange man, yet it would seem he liked to come up with nicknames for the others in the group.

The girl that he couldn’t understand was still at the top of the fence when he got to it, she seemed unsure or unwilling to get off the fence and onto the other side. Lucas couldn’t wait and instead used his ax to help pull himself up and over the fence, the swarm was closing in and soon there would be no way out for any of them. The tall Norwegian’s focus was shifted momentarily from the fence to the others on the other side, the street was crowded, but they found something, a manhole cover or storm drain. A city like this would likely have well-built and maintained canals seeing as how this place was built on a swamp or at least from what he could remember anyway, or was that Amsterdam.

The momentary lapse in concentration made him forget about the other girl on the fence, she fell at a bad angle from him shaking the gate, “awesome another patient, let’s hope you last longer than the other guy.” She seemed reluctant and tried to cling to the other guy that was trying to help her up. “I won’t hear any if, ands, or buts young lady, now let’s get you out of here.” Even with the dire situation they found themselves in and the constant yelling and fighting, Lucas couldn’t help but smile and laugh, “ahh, now this is what I live for.” He forcefully pulled the girl up and put her arm over one shoulder while bending down to put his other shoulder towards her hip and lifted her over his shoulder.

With an ax in one hand and an injured survivor over his shoulders he moved quickly toward the manhole, taking advantage of the opening in the crowd the others created. He didn’t waste much time setting the girl down next to the hole and pushing her down feet first, one would think it cruel, but he knew he didn’t have the luxury of empathy at the moment. The girl screamed and landed with a splash, still screaming Lucas didn’t waste any time and quickly made his way down the hole as well.

Knee deep water had cushioned the woman’s fall enough to prevent further injury, but she was still screaming, “don’t worry you won’t drown” he spoke as he looked around and into the dark tunnels, "you could always hold her under. It would be quick and the others would never know" the voice was toying with him now, "quiet you." He allowed his night vision to kick in while peering down the tunnels, sounds of rushing water and seldom drops hitting the water below was all he could hear, other than the screaming of the girl and the others top side. “Clear” he called out while starting to pick the now sobbing girl up and over his shoulder again in the classic fireman’s carry.

1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by Ever
Raw
Avatar of Ever

Ever

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Sarafine


Sarfine stumbled through the dark tunnels with a distant but terrified look in her eyes. Her face was paler than normal and tears slowly ran down her cheeks as she walked. Her machete was gripped tight in her shaking hand, dark blood starting dry on the sharp edge. She was covered in blood herself. Looking at her you would have thought the blood was her own, but it actually belonged to the companions that she had been traveling with only hours before.
“Gone..gone…All of them..gone” She muttered to herself, walking half dazed through water.

Everything had been peaceful when she first woke up this morning, at least for the first 5 seconds her eyes had been open. Her the small group of 5 had made camp in an auto garage a day and half beforehand. All had been going well for them. They had been staying quiet, were somewhat stocked on food, and foolishly enough were feeling comfortable in their location. It would have stayed like that had a man named Thomas not been hiding the fact that he had been bitten the day they had arrived. He and his wife had kept to themselves for most of the time they spent in the garage, so no one really took notice to the fact that he was weak and sweating all over. Most of them were exhausted from lack of sleep and little food anyway, which helped him hide his symptoms even more. He must have turned while they were all asleep. His wife had been the first victim, he’d ripped her throat out almost completely, muffling any scream that she tried to get out before succumbing to death. The next victim had been Alex, who was bit in face while he slept. His screams were what woke everyone and caused chaos to fall all around them.

Alex’s girlfriend woke quickly and was able to shoot Thomas in the head, but by the time she had got off the shot and realized what had happened to her boyfriend, Thomas’s now undead wife had already come up behind the woman with her teeth bared. Sarafine had woken and jumped into action when she heard the screaming. She already had her machete in hand when she ran up to see Alex’s girlfriend struggling with the freshly turned walker. There was no hesitation when she brought the machete down on the zombie’s head, instantly causing it to stop moving. Sara had hoped she had gotten there in time to save the other woman, but the bite on her wrist quickly proved that thought to be wrong. She tried to help both of them, but Alex had pushed her away with a blood hand and yelled that they were lost causes. By this time they could hear more walkers starting to bang on the front of the garage. More than likely the sounds of screaming and the gun shot had attracted them. After some arguing, both of her bitten companions told her to leave. They kicked a bag of their stuff towards her, but asked that they keep the gun so they could take care of themselves instead of turning. As much as it pained Sara to leave them walked out a few moments later, tears in her eyes and two small extra bags thrown over her should from her fallen friends.

She escaped through the side door of the garage. Most of the walkers were at the front of the building and a gun shot that went off as she exited helped that even more so. The streets were still filled with walkers and she was never going to get away without being quickly overcome by them. Looking around for alternate options, she noticed the opening of a curb drain on the side walk to the left of the door she had just exited. Sara hesitated while looking at it, unsure if that was really going to be wise. She would at least be able to hide there until the walkers dispersed a little. The second gun shot from inside the garage jolted her into action. She ran up and threw her bags inside the opening of the sidewalk. Thankfully she was a smaller girl and was easily able to slip through the opening to land in ankle deep water.


“What now?” Sarafine thought to herself. She had nowhere to go and no one but herself now. The thought of that made sadness run through her. To be alone in what was the world now was a horrible thing to her. It felt like she had been walking for hours, though in reality she hadn’t really been walking for too long. She had waited for the better part of 3 hours at the entrance of the drain she had come through, but the walkers hadn’t even started to disperse yet. Instead, she decided she would walk the tunnel system. There was bound to be another exit somewhere that was much safer than where she was currently at. It was simply just a matter of finding it.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 mos ago Post by RumikoOhara
Raw
Avatar of RumikoOhara

RumikoOhara Goddess & Benevolent Dictator

Member Seen 1 hr ago

[hider=Dixie]




Once all the civilians were over Dixie followed Michie drawing both her tonfa and snapping them fully out ready to use them on those dead seeking to surround her and the others.
One of the former humans reached for her and she smashed the thing’s wrists with one spin of her left handed weapon and followed it up with all the force of her right striking just above its forehead her weapon at an angle to minimise its area and maximise its power. He went down like a sack of potatoes as they all did once they’d suffered enough brain damage just like anyone else. The next she had to drop with a spinning backhand to to the temple leaving her open briefly to an attack from another had she not went into a crouch kicking its feet out with a sweep follow with a flip of her tonfa which she used the handle like a hammer hearing a pop of bone and the thing sagging limp.
As she snapped to a standing position she watched as the last of her group head into the storm drain which she dropped down into soaking the impact at the bottom with her legs forcing her to sink into a squat as the soles of her feet stung with the force.

It was dark in the tunnel which forced Dixie to draw out her torch and use it’s precious batteries which she had no replacements for at the moment. Luckily it was of a common battery type (triple As) but she hadn’t had a chance lately to find any to replace those she’d already been forced to use.
She didn’t just click it on and point it up the tunnel knowing it would blind those head of her pointing it instead at the nearby wall so it would reflect off and illuminate the tunnel in dim light.
1x Like Like
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet