Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Sailorsadie
Raw
Avatar of Sailorsadie

Sailorsadie Sailor Scout

Member Seen 9 mos ago



10






As the fog cleared, he was able to view the people around him. He rose a brow as he took in the others, quickly noticing the numbers on the womens' arms. So they were like him. A slow smirk tugged at the corners of his lips as he realized he was the only male of the group. Even though there were obviously bodies and blood pooled around his feet, it was looking to be a relatively good day for him. Only rooster in the hen house.

His eyes went straight to the green haired woman who had responded to his statement. Ten's smirk broadened as he looked her over, but his eyes landed on her bleeding wound. Raising a brow, he inspected it and tilted his head. "Well, I know what has been done to you, baby. Seems as though you have a bullet stuck in your flesh."

Before he could say another word, his eyes went to the man in the center of everyone's attention. Ten studied the man's face and tilted his head. Something inside his gut told him not to fully trust the man, yet he could tell that he was, at least for the moment, being truthful. Nothing about this situation made sense to him. Where the hell were they? And more importantly- who the hell was he?
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 2 hrs ago




6


Location: Unknown Underground Facility, Lab





They all seemed to be on the same page, which was good, if for no other reason than it gave them something to do. A step in the right direction to figuring out this mystery that is their life now. Though she was unsure about trusting those who had previously taken them to...whoever wanted them, the soldiers were their best bet at making some headway in this facility.

She didn't trust any of them. Not yet. None of them were painted in the best light, as of yet. However, they had each other, for better or worse. Hopefully, they could find answers or at least an exit. She wanted out of this place quickly.

She put the gun she held away and waited for everyone to be ready. "Ok, we have a plan. Let's get going before anyone else gets shot."
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Online








7





7 didn't really get why everyone was so on edge, yes these people had originally come to kill them, but the guy giving the orders was dead. So why couldn't everyone just get along and not shoot anyone anymore. This was not the best way to make allies, and considering the fact that they had no idea who they were, any ally they could gain would be a good thing. This guy didn't seem too bad, but no one else seemed to trust him in the slightest. This could go badly, very quickly.

"Alright, there was what looked to be a medical facility, or something, down this way," he replied, motioning towards the opposite direction that they had been heading. That was inconvenient, they had to back track, they might have even passed it on their way to where they were currently standing. 7 had a problem still with traveling with the green haired woman, she seemed like a ticking time bomb in her opinion, but no one else seemed to care, so she just decided to go along with it.

The man started heading down the way, the rest of the men hesitated before heading after him at a distance. She rushed forward to follow him, and eventually ended up walking right next to him. "So, what's your name? If we're going with you, we need to know what your name is," she said to him, as they headed down the corridor.

"Alright then kid, you have a point. My name is Jakob Zacharia," he replied, giving her a smile. She filed that away in her brain, so she wouldn't forget it. The man seemed more trustworthy than a few others in the group. After a few moments, she saw that he had stopped in front of a metal door, punching in a few buttons on the keypad, and it sprung open. "Well, here we are, if there are any medical supplies left in the place, they'll be here," Jakob said, walking into the room, and 7 followed him in. There were a bunch of cabinets lining the room, some were open and already shown to be empty. There might not be much here, but it is better than nothing.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Three in One

Member Seen 1 hr ago



9


Location: Lab Facility


Nine raised an eyebrow at Ten, as if hesitated between smacking him or accepting his bit of flattery. After a few seconds, her lips curled into a smirk. And given the gigantic gun she was holding, that was probably the best outcome he could have hoped for. She didn't have a very good track record so far when it came to her temper. The bodies on the ground were evidence enough for that. "Call me baby again and you'll have a matching hole," Nine said curtly, before following Jakob down the hallways of the facility. She frowned slightly as he seemed to already know the codes to the locks. It didn't bode well.

As they entered the room, Nine went instantly over to the cabinets. It wasn't long before she found bandages and wraps, but they were hardly sterile. The facility had been abandoned for so long, it wasn't something to be too surprised about. Wrinkling her nose, she placed them back into the cabinet. At this rate, she might as well take a piece of clothing and use it as a makeshift bandage. It'd help with the bleeding, at least. "Medical supplies seem to be shot. Zacharia - did your team bring any medical supplies with them?" Nine then asked.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Two


Location: Unknown Underground Facility, Lab





Two started to follow behind Jakob and the others over towards the medical room of the base that they were in, she started to make her way into the room. Once there she started to head over towards the nearest cabinet as her eyes scanned high and low, there weren't any medical supplies in there. Or anything useful about their past either, letting out a slight annoyed groan before slamming it shut, Two then looked over towards Seven and Nine for a moment as they asked questions about him, and if there were any medical supplies on the men that had tried to kill them.

"Is there anything about the outside world and whats been going on?" Two asked as she moved over towards a nearby wall and started to lean herself up against it. Crossing her arms Two continued to eye the soldiers there as well, she really didn't like the look of them but so far the man who was answering their questions so far hasn't attacked them yet which was probably a good thing so far.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Sailorsadie
Raw
Avatar of Sailorsadie

Sailorsadie Sailor Scout

Member Seen 9 mos ago



10






One look at the gun in Nine's hand made his brow raise at her statement. Had the woman participated in the gun fire from earlier? He would most definitely have to keep an eye on her. Though, in all honesty, the thought of a woman in control piqued his interest even more. The smirk on his lips broadened as he raised his palms to her in a mock surrender. "My apologies, sweetheart. I'll be sure to watch my tongue next time."

With a deep chuckle, he followed the group to another room. His eyes wandered over the cabinets and he could feel a tickling sensation at his temples. Something resonated within the man as they stood among the medical supplies. Ten had a feeling of familiarity- his fingers itched to get his hands on various equipment. When Nine mentioned the supply was useless, he folded his arms across his chest as he continued to wander among the contents. His brows furrowed in thought before looking back over at Nine, studying her wound from afar.

Ten cleared his throat as he turned to the man, addressing him directly. "I just need some thread, a needle, alcohol- Jameson if you've got some. Goes down real smooth. Oh, and something to pry out the bullet." He tilted his head in thought. "Like tweezers, or something of the sort."

Once the words left his mouth, his mind began to process what he had just said. He raised a brow and let his arms drop from his chest. "How the hell do I know this shit? Who am I?"
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Online








7





Zacharia shook his head. "No we didn't. This whole place was practically ransacked when it was shut down. I wouldn't be surprised if a few thieves managed to find their way down here and took what was left. The storage room might have some though, the door was locked tight, we were going to mess with it a little later".

7 looked at the man, who seemed to be trying to help them, as opposed to everyone else. "Alright then, sounds like we need to head over there and open the door. It probably has something important in it," she said in response, looking around at the rest of the group Jakob just nodded his head, before turning to look at Two. "The world outside is just trying to rebuild itself after the war ended 10 years ago. There was a lot of destruction, so most countries have been working on that. We were sent down here because there were rumors that the Dark Anarchy's lab down here wasn't totally abandoned".

His words stung her. The idea of a broken world rebuilding itself after so much death and destruction, it made her sad. She had no idea how the others would react to that. Nine in particular it wouldn't surprise her if she didn't care at all about it. "So, since we have nothing you can use here, let's head out," Jakob said, heading towards the door. 7 looked over at 10, when he started freaking out about how he new things about medicine. "Well, at least you do have medical training. Who knows what might happen, and a doctor is a good thing to have in this situation," she said to him, giving him a smile.

A hissing sound could be heard, one the others might recognize. It was the sound of stasis pods opening up. 2 of them in fact, and they were up against the wall, hidden behind a few of the cabinets. Zacharia motioned for a few of his men to clear them, and they began moving them off to the side. Clearing the way so whoever was in the pods, could get out of them.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Three in One

Member Seen 1 hr ago



9


Location: Lab Facility


Nine let out a small sigh of frustration. They didn't bring any medical supplies with them - great. At least Ten seemed to have medical training, from the stuff he was spouting off. "Alright. The storage room might have those - if not, we'll case a place and hit it for what we need," Nine said. This was coming all too natural to her. First, it was murdering (in self defense!) Zacharia's fellow soldiers. And now, it was turning into theft - and with the way her mind was going, likely an abduction as well. They couldn't risk Zacharia giving them up. They could either kill him or hold him hostage. Given that he cooperated with them, Nine was in favor of the later - for the moment.

"A global war and scientists conducting illegal human experiments," Nine repeated. "I have to imagine it's connected somehow - what was the war over?" She turned her head as she heard pods open up - two of them, to be precise. It raised their head count to be a little higher. There were supposedly thirteen of them in total. However, there was also a chance that whoever stepped out of those pods might have some answers for them - maybe they were some of Dark Anarchy's scientists.

"Do you know who you are?" Nine said, as she raised her gun and pointed towards the individuals vacating the pods. "Did you work for Dark Anarchy?"

Trust was for children.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Strange Rodent
Raw
Avatar of Strange Rodent

Strange Rodent Rodent of Unusual Size

Member Online

3










All 3 could perceive were the torrential thoughts and the dark clouds in his vision. He tried to stand, but fell onto his hands and knees instead. The ground was smooth, but hard. He couldn't see what it was, but it felt like linoleum. He rocks back onto his knees and clutches at his head, attempting to steady himself. The black spots slowly retreat from his vision and back into his brain. As his vision returns, he finds he cant remember much. Not even his name. Fuck. No. He must remember something. He lets out a terrified scream, and shakes his head violently. His thoughts are scouring his brain, but the more he looks, the less he finds. His bony fingers are fervently tugging at his hair, hoping the pain will bring something back. Nothing. Nothing... until a voice cuts through his consciousness.

"Did you work for Dark Anarchy?"

He looks for the source of the voice, and finds himself face to barrel with a gun. He doesn't care what she said, she's holding a gun, and it's pointed at him. The barrel is hollow. As hollow as his mind. He glances around. He seems to be in a laboratory of sorts. There are a few others standing around, but none of this matters. He falls back, his head colliding with the pod he'd just come out of with a meaty thud.

What was it the lady with the gun had said? Dark Anarchy? He figured he was going to die anyway, better to die learning something than to not.

He speaks slowly, as if trying to remember the right words, "Who.... who the fuck are the Dark Anarchy?"
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Helo
Raw
Avatar of Helo

Helo Wonderlust King

Member Seen 18 days ago



11






The mechanical hissing sound of his pod opening jarred Eleven from a deep sleep; it was a sudden and violent awakening that left him in a state of shock and confusion. He staggered out of the pod, his extreme disorientation made it seem as if the room was spinning, and several gasping breaths were the first sounds he made as he frantically scanned his surroundings. The room, and the handful of people in it, were all unfamiliar to him. He took a few seconds to gain some composure and scanned both the room and the people it contained. The room looked as if it had already been ransacked, opened and emptied cabinets lined the walls and various junk was littered across the floor. The thick layers of dust made it clear that this building had been abandoned for a good while. How long have I been here? Where the fuck even is here? Eleven wondered. The place looked to be some derelict laboratory and he couldn’t think of a single reason why he would be in a stasis pod in such a place. He tried to figure out the last thing he could remember but everything was fuzzy and the harder he tried the more his head started to ache and his confusion only served to piss him off.

The people in the room didn’t look familiar either and the sight of them put the disoriented man even more on edge. His gaze immediately landed on an armed woman with green hair, she had what looked like a military grade weapon and was shouting something. He struggled to make out her words as his senses slowly returned to him in full. It sounded like she asked if he knew who he was. What kind of stupid fucking question was that? He wondered, Of course he knew who he was. Eleven was about to tell her exactly who he was but he couldn’t. He couldn’t remember his own god damn name. Another question, did they work for Dark Anarchy, but before he could respond another man answered exactly what he was thinking; who the fuck are Dark Anarchy? It sounded like a goth band and even though he couldn't remember who he was he was sure he wasn't in a goth band. He looked towards the other man, another face he didn’t recognize but he noticed the number three on the man’s arm. The green haired woman with the gun had a nine on hers and as he scanned the room a second time, this time with clearer vision, he noticed the numbers two, seven, and ten on some of the others. The men dressed in what looked like military uniforms did not have numbers and he also noticed they seemed unarmed. He glanced down at his own arm and saw the number eleven.

“I’d like to add to your question” He said glancing at Three, “Who the fuck are you people, what the fuck is going on, and where the fuck am I?” Eleven said eyeing Nine who kept a gun on him and the other guy, Three. “Any reason you feel the need to point that at me, not exactly the most pleasant wakeup call you know.” He added, keeping a close watch on her body language and the positioning of the gun. Something in his gut told himNever point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot, and he wasn’t sure why those words popped into his head but the look in her eyes made him sure she wasn’t shy about using that weapon.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Two


Location: Unknown Underground Facility, Lab





Two's eyes wondered over towards Zachariah for a moment as he started to give her the answer on what happened on the outside world, she let out a soft sigh as she tried to think what the outside world was actually like when they actually did get out of this facility. It was starting to freak her out a little bit, this place was used to experiment on them and she wanted to simply get as far away from this place as soon as possible. She looked towards Ten, at least they seemed to have someone with medical knowledge which was actually a good thing, they could use someone to tend to their wounds if they got hurt.

"Lets move out then." Two said quietly, that's when she jumped slightly as Two turned around as she heard the familiar sound of the stasis pods that they had woken up in activated. Two went over to help out the rest of the armed men move the stuff away from them, seeing two more coming out of the pods she quickly would go over to Nine and tried to lower the gun she was waving about with. "Hey, they are most likely us." Two said quietly as her attention turned towards one of the newly woken up once. "Some shadowy group that slammed us in those pods, and decided to never wake us up. Oh and also put numbers on us as well as branding, and experimenting on us to." Two answered.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Sailorsadie
Raw
Avatar of Sailorsadie

Sailorsadie Sailor Scout

Member Seen 9 mos ago



10






Everything was happening too quickly. First, the news of no supplies hit him hard. How the hell were they supposed to tend to any of their wounds without supplies? If they were in a war, they'd need to be prepared for every kind of medical emergency. His eyes moved to the younger girl and he only managed a small nod of his head. Yet, how good was a doctor if he didn't have any supplies? Nine's suggestion of robbing a place caught his interest. Raising a brow, he looked over at her and studied the woman. She was becoming more interesting to him by the second.

The sound of something mechanical opening caught his ear. The others seemed to hear the noise as well as they all turned towards the source. Folding his arms across his chest, Ten turned and watched as two additional pods unleashed their hostages. Seeing the men caused his brows to furrow. Women, he could handle. But men? He didn't need the added testosterone to the group. Clearing his throat, he opened his mouth to speak to the newcomers before they beat him to the punch.

Ten was fine with the first one to speak. The man had an edge to him, but didn't seem completely out of it. The other, however, rubbed his nerves raw. Narrowing his eyes, he took a step forward and placed himself between the men and the girls. He raised his right hand, palm up, towards eleven and tilted his head. "Hey! Language, man. There are ladies present, you asshat."
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Caecillus
Raw
Avatar of Caecillus

Caecillus Just a Mirror for the Sun

Member Seen 12 mos ago

12



12 woke with a start. He had, of course, hated the cold. He wondered why though. He knew that he wasn't an infant or child, but he didn't know his age, preferences, or situation. He couldn't even remember his name. Maybe he had gotten super drunk. He wasn't sure. To be completely honest, he was a bit frightened and a tad bit cold. He stood up, blood rushing to his legs and head, throwing him a bit off balance. He noticed that he was in some sort of facility, although all of the fluorescent lights above him were broken. In fact, the whole corridor was without light. He didn't care much for light either, anyways.

He then began patrolling the corridors. He found one room, with a bit of painkillers, some cotton swabs and a bit of rubbing alcohol. "You never know when this stuff might be useful." He said to himself. He also found some water, and then realized how thirst he was. He drank the whole liter. Now, at least he was sated. He realized he was also a bit peckish, but there was no food around, and it would be no use looking for any. He walked across the hallway to the next room to investigate.

In this room, he found a body. A skinned human, laying on the bench. It smelled like shit, and was obviously long dead. He built up the courage to walk past it and raid the drawers. He found another jug of water, which he decided he would carry. He also found some more painkillers and gauze, which was also a good find. Observing the person, he could tell that they had died in an explosion of some sort. It was filled with shrapnel, and covered in scabs and burn marks. Repulsed, he left the room promptly.

He began to walk back down the dark corridor, and entered the next one to the right. He walked for a while, and found a couple more rooms, most empty or filled with more bodies. He wondered who owned this place, and who could grow to become this wicked. He was quite disgusted, and curious all at the same time. He wondered why he was in this place. Had someone decided to test on him? Why him, of all people? Regardless, he was starting to get bored with his own head. That didn't matter much though, because he then heard a man say "Hey! Language, man. There are ladies present, you asshat." The man sounded a bit flustered, but that didn't matter. 12 needed someone to talk too. "Excuse me!" He called, "What is this place?"
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Helo
Raw
Avatar of Helo

Helo Wonderlust King

Member Seen 18 days ago



11






Eleven took a quick second to process what Two had told him. Lab experiments, some shadowy group of motherfuckers, that must be what Dark Anarchy was, had used him, or all of them with a number, as a lab rat then stuck them in pods, for who the fuck knows for how long, and forgot about them. He couldn’t imagine agreeing to being some kind of lab rat like this, or at least who was now without his memories didn’t. He didn’t have time to wonder about what it meant, philosophically, to have lost all personal memories right now. He decided immediately that he liked Two, she didn’t point her gun at him, big plus, and gave him enough information that he had some sort of idea what was going on. He pegged Two as reasonable, someone he didn’t think he’d have an issue working with in this weird situation they all seemed to be in. Ten, who scolded Eleven on his language, immediately struck him as a tool.

“Are you fucking kidding me with that right now? You know it’s not the eighteen fucking hundreds right, mate? And I don’t see any ladies here,” Eleven paused and took an exaggerated scan around the room, he saw two women armed with some heavy firepower and another covered in blood that did not appear to be her own. “I see some badass motherfuckers looking like they’re ready to kick ass and fuck shit up, but no ladies in need of protection from fucking swearing. Just to be fair though quick poll; does anyone here feel like they can’t handle adult language?” He kept his eyes locked with Ten sizing the man up, although he knew he should be more worried about Nine, the woman who held the gun on him, his annoyance with Ten took a stronger hold of him. He asked his question louder than necessary and smirked at Ten. He took the man’s comment about language as a challenge, which coupled with the way Ten moved to stand between him and the others and his gestures made Eleven think the other man was trying to show some sort of dominance over him. No way was Eleven about to play beta to some tool who was worried about looking like the tough guy of the group when there was bigger shit going on.

It was more than that though, Ten had a few inches on him and a solid build, the way he stood and moved made Eleven think he knew how to fight and more than anything he was hungry for good fight. His mouth was dry and his stomach was empty, but he craved adrenaline more than food or water. He didn’t know how long he’d been in that pod but his body knew it had been far too long since he’d hit anything, or been hit. His knuckles were unbruised and his muscles were stiff from lack of use; Eleven need some kind of action something to cure his restlessness. He knew they were likely going to have to be allies, the guy was a fellow lab rat, and Eleven wasn’t interested in really hurting him but rather wanted to goad the larger man in to friendly brawl just to see who would win. As far as he was concerned the best way to solve differences was to fight it out and then get over it. "Seems the only lady here, is you." He said, coldly, before cracking first his knuckles, and then his neck. He instinctively moved his footing into more of a boxer's stance but kept his arms down and more relaxed, only slightly readying himself in case the man accepted the challenge. Before anything more happened another man entered the room and Eleven allowed his attention to fall on the new guy for just a split second; he seemed to be another lab rat looking for answers. Shit, how many are there? He wondered.

Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Strange Rodent
Raw
Avatar of Strange Rodent

Strange Rodent Rodent of Unusual Size

Member Online

3










3 chuckled at 11's outburst. He broke into a full laugh as he said "Didn't you hear him? He said no fucken swearing, you cunt.". He struggled to his feet on legs that hadn't moved for several years, groaning a bit as he did so. He thought he was hilarious, but it probably didn't do anything to stop the fight, so he calmed himself down and said, "Seriously though. What do you hope to gain by fighting these people? They're, as you said, badass motherfuckers. If you have a deathwish... mate, go right ahead. I plan on making myself useful. Which I can't be if I'm dead... so... please don't kill me.". The last part was directed towards 9. She seemed like she could snap as easily as a twig. Her and 11. He made a mental note to not piss them off. 10 just seemed a fuckwit.

He looked at 2. She seemed reasonable, although he wasn't ready to confirm that yet. He took a moment to gather his thoughts, and finally spoke, "Thanks, by the way. For the gun and for answering our questions. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask why I don't remember anything?", he danced around the words, very much conscious that he wouldn't get any answers if he was dead. He massaged his eyes. This whole dingy place was a little overbearing. He was panicking a little. He had no control here.

He heard a man call out "Excuse me! What is this place?". He raised an eyebrow at the people watching all this, and said "So I don't suppose you know this guy as well?". He knew they didn't from the way he was asking, of course. He just wanted them to deal with it. Shouting out that there are people in here, while they were pointing a gun at him probably wouldn't go down too crash hot. Instead, he sat on his pod and began to work some feeling into his legs.
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Online








7





"The war was over the supernatural, anyone who wasn't human. Half of the world believed that they should all be wiped out, the other half believed otherwise. The past decade has been spent rebuilding everything, though they are probably a good 50 years away from having anything even remotely like it was before it," Zacharia said, answering 9's question. The newbies weren't exactly the nicest bunch, that much seemed obvious.

"Look, why don't you just lower the gun, we don't have to fight anymore," 7 managed to say, her voice sounding nervous as she looked at 9. "How about we all head out to the storage room, it might have some stuff we could use, and maybe it'll have some answers stored away".

7 never took her eyes off of 9 as she spoke, but then she heard someone behind them. Turning around, she saw someone new. Apparently some of the pods were being opened later than the rest. When she heard 11 again, this time threatening someone, she started to backup again, closer to Jakob. "Look, let's just get going alright? Staying here isn't going to solve any problems, especially since some people want to kill someone. There has already been a few deaths today alright, and I would prefer to avoid any more, so let's go. Since I'm guessing the newbie came out of a pod and wants answers too" Jakob said, before leading the way out of the room.

After a few moments, the group was led to a sealed door. It has a panel next to it that looks like it'll open the door. 7 looks at the panel, while the Zacharia and a few others start working at forcing the door open. She saw something, that made her wonder. Pushing a button, she saw that the panel lit up, so it had power, but the console itself was broken. "Uh, guys," she said, trying to get the attention of the soldiers. They ignored her, more concerned with prying at the door. She shook her head, before popping the panel off so the wires underneath were showing.

Glancing at everyone else for a moment, she turned back and started messing with the wires. After a few minutes, there was a loud zap sound, and the door popped open, causing one of the soldiers to lose their balance and fall over. "Hey, it worked," she said happily giving everyone a smile. Zacharia just looked at her, before leading the way into the room. Inside, there were several chests, each one number from 1-13. They were locked up tight though, thankfully they were only padlocks, so they looked like they could be broken pretty easily, especially given how worn they look. "Well, if anywhere has the answers your looking for, it'll be here," Zacharia said to the group, motioning for them to look around if they want to.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Three in One

Member Seen 1 hr ago



9


Location: Lab Facility


"Precaution," Nine answered simply when asked why she was aiming her gun at them. "Doesn't it strike you as a little strange that they were set aside from the rest of us? No reason why the sadistic motherfuckers that did this to us didn't put themselves in stasis as well to wait out the war," Nine reasoned. But once it was clear that the newcomers didn't have a clue what was going on, she lowered her weapon. Despite Two's efforts to previously get her to lower it, she had kept it aimed. As far as Nine was concerned, they weren't out of dodge - not just yet.

"And kid, we're gonna need weapons," Nine then pointed out. "If the war was over things with abilities - and given that they were sent here to destroy the lab, I'm not guessing we'll be welcomed with open arms anywhere. There'll be more people coming to kill us - probably until we die." It was a bit of harsh reality that didn't seem to be getting through to the kid. She went with the others to the storage room, hoping that there'd be answers for them - or at least something to get the bullet out of her arm. It wasn't bleeding too badly, mostly because the bullet itself was keeping the wound closed.

Once inside, her eyes instantly spotted the chest marked 9. This was it, then. She quickly moved over to it and gave the padlock a good hit with the butt of her gun. The padlock fell to the ground easily and Nine opened up the chest. The items inside were covered in dust and Nine didn't recognize any of them. There was a silver signet ring that Nine slipped onto her left thumb. It didn't have any distinguishing features that she could tell. There was a sketchbook and as she opened it up, a faded patch fell out of it. And despite having no memories of any of it, Nine found she could explain almost every design in there.

"I was a mechanic," Nine mused to herself. She next found a change of clothes and instantly changed into them, not caring who else was there. Once dressed in a tank top, leather jacket, pants, and combat boots, she felt a little more at ease - and less like a lab rat. She then picked up her discarded clothes and tore a long strip from what had been her shirt. It could be made into a makeshift bandage until they found something better and she wrapped it around her arm before tying it off. There was a small tool kit in there as well, complete with safety glasses and a blow torch. However, what caught her attention was the pocket knife and the loaded handgun, along with a spare clip.

Just what sort of mechanic was she?
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Online




Two


Location: Unknown Underground Facility, Lab





Two looked towards Three when he asked if she knew why they didn't have any memories, and gave him a slight shrug. "Hell if I know, just remember waking up in a pod, and these guys here." Two gestured to the other Numbers as well as the armed men that were there who pulled them out of the pod. "So pretty much just as clueless as you are." She said, and looked towards Ten, Two simply rolled her eyes towards him and saw yet another newcomer coming into the room. Okay, she was now starting to get a little bit tired of repeating stuff, she didn't even know her own self, aside from the number 2 on her arm.

Two then turned her attention towards Zacharia, and gave him a nod, she was ready to head towards the supply room to see if there was any supplies that were there. "Lead the way." Two said as she followed alongside Nine, and Seven as she headed down the hallway, there was a big door there. The men went to try and pry the door open while Seven went over to fiddle with the dead panel, she raised an eyebrow when she saw Seven managing to open the door with no problem once the panel was working.

Two followed inside the room, seeing thirteen chests with numbers on them, her eyes then wondered over towards her arm and then the one with the number 2 on it. Two assumed that one would be hers, seeing the lock on it, she easily managed to rip the old rusted thing off and opened it up. Inside was a 416 Barrett Sniper Rifle, G36C Assault Rifle, a bottle of water, some ammo as well as a pair of gloves, she quickly tossed the weapon she had from the guard she managed to pull off of earlier and grabbed the rifle. "Well hello here." She said to herself.

For some reason Two felt the weapon in her hand was completely natural to her as she held it and looked through the scope, and fiddled around with it for awhile. Two then grabbed the water bottle taking a quick sip of it, and then easily started to load it up grinning to herself and grabbed the other weapon as well, her attention turning towards the others to see what they had.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Strange Rodent
Raw
Avatar of Strange Rodent

Strange Rodent Rodent of Unusual Size

Member Online

3










Three started the the mention of a war, and abilities. He began to say something, but Nine was off before he had a chance. Two left as well, and honestly, Three didn't like the idea of being in the same room as a fight either. Especially when the fighters were in much better physical condition than himself. And so, with a shrug, he followed the group. The hallways were similar to the previous room. Kinda boring. The endpoint was only vaguely more interesting. He took a brief look a the chest marked '3', looked at his forearm, and concluded that he'd need something to break the lock. He didn't know how to pick locks.

He looked around. This being a storeroom there were plenty of things to break the lock with. For instance, a sledgehammer. He swung the hammer in a large arc, and the lock clattered to the floor with enough force to chip the cement flooring. He kicked open the box, not wanting to bother with bending over. At least, not until he saw the contents.

"Oooohohohoho.... Look at this beauty." He said, to nobody in particular.

On top there was a full length Longbow, and a quiver full of arrows about 1 meter in length. The bow was unstrung to preserve the arms, which were made of yew. He unwound the string from the arms, braced one end on his foot, with the other going in a diagonal line over his back. He reached up, higher than head height, and flexed the bow back with the strength of his full body. Having strung the bow, it was almost as tall as him. He was satisfied that if he could string it he could draw it, so he just unstrung it. He took a moment to ponder how he knew to do all of this, but reasoned that the answers would be in the chest.

He slipped the quiver on his belt around his waist, and checked the chest again. There was a heavy woolen coat, a large knife, and a backpack. He donned the coat, and checked the backpack. Judging from the contents he was some kind of forest ranger. Cool. He strapped the knife on his belt, just in front of his quiver.

He was happy with what he had, and relieved that he had reclaimed some of his identity.
Hidden 12 mos ago Post by Helo
Raw
Avatar of Helo

Helo Wonderlust King

Member Seen 18 days ago



11






Eleven raised an eyebrow as the group left the room they currently occupied for the storage room as suggested by the young-looking girl, Seven. He wondered if she was the one in charge, covered in blood, as she was, made him wonder if she was potentially someone to be reckoned with. She stuck close to the military looking guy who did not appear to have a number and he wondered if the large man was her body guard. She had also mentioned there had already been some deaths. “Damn, wake up a little late and I miss all the fun.” He muttered to himself as he followed the rest of the group to look for a storage room, shrugging off the challenge he had hoped to start with Ten, apparently they had bigger problems right now and he’d have to wait for some action.

As they walked Eleven reviewed the what he had heard from the others as he tried to make sense of the situation he found himself in. They were lab experiments, an attempt to recreate mutants apparently, and he wondered if he had mutant abilities or just some kind of horrible radiation poising that would slowly kill him. He didn’t feel different but after thinking on that for a second more, it seemed like a dumb thing to think, after all without his personal memories how would he know what normal felt like. The more pressing issue seemed to be Nine’s mention of people trying to kill them. Something about the thought of a constant struggle for survival felt right to him, not comforting exactly, but familiar. At least it meant a chance to blow off steam, he was more than ready for anyone who wanted to come after him.

The door to the storage room was closed, the other non-numbered men struggled to open it without success until Seven messed with some wires, Eleven didn’t really get how tech worked and he didn’t feel like that was a knowledge erased from him either, and she managed to open the door. Inside the most notable thing in the room were thirteen chests, all numbered and he was guessing that meant there were thirteen lab rats. Currently there were seven lab rats in the group, only about half, and he wondered if the others were the deaths Seven had mentioned. Some of the group immediately approached the chest that correlated to their number and Eleven scanned the room for something to pry the lock open with. His quick glace around the room he didn’t show anything immediately useful so he moved on to plan b. Eleven approached the chest with his number on it and swiftly brought the heel of his foot down on the lock a few times before it broke off.

Inside the chest was what looked to be mostly junk, a handful of things that would easily fit inside a person’s pockets. Eleven figured the chests must contain their possessions and he riffled through the objects hoping something would jog his memory. A pack of cigarettes and an old zippo lighter, he grabbed that first, the pack was full but old and probably purchased just before he was put in stasis. He placed a cigarette between his lips and with a smooth single motion flipped open and lit the zippo, instantly feeling satisfaction at the metallic noise it made, and lit the stale cigarette. He grabbed an old wallet that contained only a handful of change, he’d apparently be useful if they needed to use a parking meter, and put that in the pocket of his jeans along with the simple black pocket knife. He took another drag on the stale cigarette before grabbing the metal flask. He opened the top of the flask and sniffed the familiar smell of cheap bourbon. He’d heard Nine mention that she was a mechanic. “Hey, apparently I’m a bit of a drunk.” He half joked screwing the top back on the flask and giving it a shake, it was mostly full, before putting it into his back pocket.

Most of the others seemed to have found weapons significantly more dangerous than his pocket knife which made him wonder what sort of people he was grouped with. Being around so many guns made him feel uncomfortable, he instantly knew fists were more his weapon of choice. He flicked ashes from his cigarette onto the ground and looked at the several undisturbed chests. “What should we do the rest of them? Could be something useful in the other chests.” He suggested, although something about going through the others, the ones that were possibly dead, felt a little wrong.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet