The Festival of Destiny
Come one, come all!
Friendly faces from across the lands are invited to Andour City, for the famous Festival of Destiny, held every five years. All present in the city may partake in a week of merriment and festivity. Rare and exotic delicacies! Delights, performances, games and amusements! Religious observations, ceremonies, free weddings at any temple! A grand contest of arms! And of course, the great Parade of Destiny, in which the city honors those Marked and blessed by the Gods, where all Marked are invited to march across the city, hand in hand with their fated partner.
All are welcome! All are invited! By the grace and generosity of the Royal Family, King Dreyen Allervai and Queen Landra Allervai, we celebrate the bounty of the Gods and the joys of fate.
Come one, come all!
Welcome to the Festival of Destiny! This is a High Casual Fantasy and Romance RP about celebration, fate, and finding that special someone. Set in a D&D / Pathfinder inspired fantasy world, players will play as Marked, people from all over the world born with a special mark on their bodies that signifies that they have a soulmate somewhere in the world that they are fated to fall in love with. Everyone’s mark has a different design, but when a fated pair falls in love, their marks change and transform into a new one, one they share that usually takes elements of both.
The RP will take place over the course of the week-long Festival of Destiny, a celebration held every five years by the cosmopolitan (though primarily human) Kingdom of Andour, during which Marked come from all across the land, hoping to meet their beloved (or for any number of reasons – a celebration needs entertainment, supplies, professionals, many dignitaries from the Kingdom and its allies are expected to make an appearance, and so forth). Festivities will vary from day to day, but in general you can expect the RP to have an ultimately light-hearted, rom-com, adventurous tone, as players roam about, get into hijinks, partake in the various adventures and amusements the festival has to offer, and hopefully find true love by the end of it!
Any and all (humanoid) characters are accepted: you can be a princess, a wizard, a dragonslaying knight, a pickpocket, a crime boss, an innkeep, a blacksmith, a soldier. Whatever you want. This is a lighthearted RP, but that doesn’t mean that serious topics or characters are taboo; feel free to have as dark and tragic a backstory as you want for your character, it’ll make it even more fun when we throw them into the festival. When the RP begins, I will secretly match all of the characters together, and over the course of the RP, fate may twist and turn to bring certain characters together… or drive them apart. Either way, I think it’s going to be a lot of fun!
1. Don’t be a jerk.
2. Post quality is High Casual. I’m not a massive stickler about grammar, but I do have a bare minimum of expectations. Two paragraphs or more a post is fine.
3. Posts should come at least once every five days – if you’re going to be unable to post longer than that, just let me know beforehand. I promise, I don’t bite.
4. This is an RP about character interaction, so characters should ideally be complex and have a good deal of depth to them.
5. Worldbuilding is encouraged! Make up a kingdom across the sea, make up an order of knights or a mercenary company, make up whatever you want. Work with other players if you want! Be creative! Have fun with it!
6. Multiple characters are allowed, though for now I’m going to limit it to two a person. I also reserve the right to close admissions down the road to characters of certain genders / orientations, in the name of everyone getting a partner, should an imbalance develop.
7. All standard guild rules apply. If things get heated, fade to black or take it to PMs, please.
8. Have fun with it! We’re here to tell a fun story about true love, adventure, and magic.
9. Post CS applications in the OOC or PM them to me, then move them to the characters tab when approved. Whichever way you want is fine. Hell, you can even mail them to me via passenger pigeon, though I’d probably ask how you got my address.
10. Be excellent to each other.
11. Party on, dudes!
[hider= CS Skeleton]
[center][IMG] Character image here[/IMG]
[ hr][ hr]
[/center][ hr][ hr]
[indent]18 and up only, please.[/indent]
[indent]Humanoid only, please – human, elf, dwarf, halfling, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, genasi, mer-person with legs, whatever’s fine. Feel free to ask me if you're unsure if something would be accepted.[/indent]
[indent]Sum up their profession / role in the world in as few or as many words as you think it requires.[/indent]
Feel free to skimp on this if you provide a picture, or write several paragraphs. I’m easygoing. One mandatory inclusion: mention the appearance that their Mark has taken, and where it is on their body.
[list][*] At least five things that they like.
[list][*] At least five things that they don’t.
Give us a decent amount of detail here – who are they? What do they value? How do they treat other people? At least two paragraphs.
What do they dread more than anything? Why?
What, if anything, do they hope to achieve? Why?
This is the big one. At least a few paragraphs about their general history, life story, and how they’ve come to participate in the Festival of Destiny. You can feel free to worldbuild here: if your character is the prince of the underground kingdom of the dwarves, then there’s an underground kingdom of the dwarves, or there’s a small town called such and such, or a distant island nation of so and so, or this kind of monster or this kind of magic and so on and so on. Feel free to collaborate with other players when worldbuilding as well! If you're unsure about something, feel free to ask me. Most of the meat of the CS should be here.
Answer these in as many or as few words as you like. (If you like, you can PM these to me separate from the rest of the CS, if they contain information you’d prefer other players discover through RP – it’s just stuff that’ll help me make the pairings. Or you can leave them in, I’m not picky.)
1. What is their worst specific memory from childhood?
2. What do they think of being Marked? Do they believe in it? Have they come to the festival in search of love, or for some other reason?
3. Spirit animal?
4. Thing they’re most proud of?
5. Thing they’re most ashamed of?
6. What motivates them?
7. What would they change about themselves if they could?
8. What’s most important in a romantic partner?
[indent]Color Code: ???
Theme song: If you like.
Face Claim: If applicable.[/indent]
I think that’s about all. I look forward to playing with you all!