This turn will have specific mechanics unique to it that other turns won’t have. This is because turn 0 happens right after the creation of the universe but before the planet has any noticeable features. Might costs will not follow the catalog. Many landscaping and life creating actions will be free, while some complex ones will have discounted prices and certain things will not be allowed at all. There will be a separate catalog that goes over the prices. If an item isn't on the list, it cannot be created.
In Turn 0, players who have Primordial Gods will be the ones who walk upon Galbar using their full power. Conceptual gods that are still apart of the Lifeblood, are free to help shape the world and even use might. Even if their gods are yet to be born. They will be acting as the Lifeblood itself.
Turn 0, unlike other turns, will have a set ‘plot’ that ultimately ends with the Lifeblood going awry thanks to all the rampant use of power by the gods. This will ultimately lead to sentient, mortal life and the Gods withdrawing into the Lifeblood itself, to keep the Lifeblood out of the Physical Reality.
It should be noted that species should really only be created when they have a suitable environment to sustain themselves. Due to the nature of this first turn, the world might change a lot and life, if put in too early, could be destroyed. Take great care when creating.
Turn 0 List
Turn 0 List
- Free: Creating a relatively minor change to the landscape; rending a small valley or canyon, creating a river, raising a mountain or a (small) island.
- Free: Significantly changing the landscape; creating a chain of mountains, or an entire desert, raising a large island or an archipelago of smaller ones.
- Free: Causing extreme change to the landscape; raising an entire (mostly empty) continent from the sea, or willing into existence a sizable (moon-sized) Celestial body.
- Free: Create a small ecosystem, which can fill a region such as a river, valley, mountain or small island.
- Free: Create a large ecosystem, which can fill a large geographic region such as a whole mountain range, an archipelago, or desert.
- 1 Might: Create an extraordinary species. More might (up to 3), the more extraordinary.(Manticores, Dragons, Lovecraftian Horrors, etc.)
- 1 Might: Create a legendary beast of phenomenal power. (Godzilla, Thunderbird, Kraken, King Kong, etc.)
- 2 Might: Create a sapient species. (Humans, Elves, Angels, Demons, Giants, etc.)
- 1 Might: Confer a single extraordinary or powerful ability upon a species or set of people. (Wings, Gills, Magic talent, etc.)
- Locked: Teach people an idea or technology. This idea or technology should be reasonably attainable from the people’s present culture and technology.
- Locked: Bestowing a group with a one-time gift of powerful artifacts beyond their present abilities to craft (e.g. a set of steel swords in a timeframe of copper age technology).
- Locked: Blessing or cursing a group of people. These should come in different flavours for different gods, but in general, incurring the curse of any god should be a frightening thing indeed. The curse or blessing is like a whip or a carrot respectively; though it is the will of your god made manifest, it is not so powerful as to spell certain doom or utter paradise for those affected. Think something along the lines of perpetually good harvests for a blessing, and incessant nightmares or general sluggishness and fatigue as curses. Blessings or curses can last indefinitely and affect entire bloodlines or regions. A blessing or curse from a given god can be broken by said god free of charge or counteracted by a 1+ MP expenditure from any other god. The more powerful a curse is, the greater it costs and likewise the amount to break it.
- 1+ Might: Create a Hero. See Consecration for more Hero details.
- 1+ Might: Form a Holy Order. See Consecration for more Holy Order Details.
- 1+ Might: Grant a Hero or Holy Order a Title. Titles describe what a Hero is especially good at.
- 1+ Might: Create an artifact. See Consecration for more details. (A holy blade, a flute of sleeping, a crown of protection, etc)
- 1+ Might: Create a holy site. See Consecration for more details. (An obelisk of speech, a tower of joy, a castle of pain, etc)
- Locked: Open a temporary portal between a God’s personal Realm and Galbar. Typically the means of such transportation will be thematically appropriate for your Portfolios and Abilities. Gods cannot physically enter through this portal, for fear of the Lifeblood and what it would do.
- 1+ Might: Perform some other godly feat. You can expend Might to perform incredible actions beyond your innate abilities, such as manipulating the weather, hurling mighty fireballs, putting a city to sleep, shrugging off a devastating blow or punching someone really hard. Typically a Domain or Portfolio will provide you with a wide set of godly feats you can perform for free, and Artifacts and holy sites provide more potent ongoing/reusable abilities. The more Might spent on an action, the more potent it is.
Galbar is a barren continent. Do what you will to it. Once you have added more landmasses/populated existing landmasses with ecosystems make sure to add it to this map with paint and someone who as more skill can make it pretty later. But first we need water.